Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Million Miles threshold: worth hitting it on DL metal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Million Miles threshold: worth hitting it on DL metal?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Originally Posted by pvn
Does the delta page not give any details other than the name?
The LEARN MORE link says:

Alpha 2
TUMI Short Trip Expandable Packing Case - BlackTUMI elevates your travel experience with Alpha 2, the pinnacle of our design innovation, engineering, functionality and performance. Alpha 2 embodies TUMI's commitment to making the best better; it incorporates over 30 design improvements and more than 14 patented and trademarked TUMI components. The result is a collection of cases that are lighter and stronger while offering increased packing capacity, sleeker profiles, smarter functionality and easier maneuverability. Collection highlights include: 4-wheel cases with 360° wheels that are recessed into the bodies of the cases to provide more interior space, a lower center of gravity and stable multi-directional navigation, our patented Durafold™ Construction method that reinforces the case frames for superior strength and longevity, impact-resistant caps that provide additional corner durability, and our super-tough and virtually damage-proof X-Brace 45® handle system. Many of the 4-wheel cases feature three-stage telescoping handles and TUMI's patent-pending, easy-to-use Lever Lock™ Expansion System that opens and closes securely to provide two-stages of expansion for additional packing space. Alpha 2 is made from TUMI's patented, ultra-durable FXT® ballistic nylon. This versatile 4-wheel case with removable garment sleeve and multi-level, expandable main compartment is ideal for 3-6 day trips. Features removable garment sleeve that holds up to two suits, tie-down straps and zip pockets for accessories. Three-stage telescoping handle and 4-wheel system with recessed swivel wheels. Note that hanger shown is not included with this item; it may be purchased separately (#0052). For an additional cost, the TUMI Accents Kit allows you to quickly customize your bag* with striking accents of color. The kit includes components made from embossed leather: TUMI luggage tag, monogram patch, handle wrap and zipper pull ties.

Dimensions: 26" X 19" X 13"
Old Sep 30, 2018, 4:08 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA PE, HH Gold
Here is my own experience. When passing the 2MM mark on a flight from ZRH to JFK ( DL metal ) nothing happend at check-in or the gate. But once boarded the ZRH station manager came on board, thanked me and handed me a bag of ( better, hand-made ) swiss chocolate and the usual "Millions of miles" card with a hand written note. Thank you for that! Minutes later Deltas Manager for the DACH region ( Germany, Austria, Switzerland ) come on board and thanked me too, we chatted a few minutes. I was impressed to meet him as he handles my home airport too ( Berlin ). Please note that i did not alert or notified anyone in advance, actuall i nearly forgot about it. So i can confirm that Delta IS watching Million Miler status
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, million miler
I will get my 1MM mark on Delta’s longest flight in about 3 weeks. My spouse is disappointed he won’t get to ‘celebrate’ with me. Lol! I am happy I will be on Delta metal though.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by levik
Hey guys! After about a decade of primarily-DL-and-partners-flying, I am close to reaching Million Miler status.

However, currently, the flight I have booked that will bring me over the edge is on a partner. And I am not quite sure what (if anything) I'd be missing by not flying in a Delta plane as this milestone is hit. Would it be worth it for me to book a Delta flight that would get me there? Does Delta do anything interesting for passengers who hit this level on one of their flights?

Thanks!
Leaving SAN (home base) to ATL on a flight that would take me over 1MM, a Red Coat came onboard right before they closed the door with a Delta gift bag (mini bottle of champagne, card signed by the local crew, Delta notebook and a few other things I can't remember). I asked the Red Coat later how they identify people crossing MM and she said they are told by corporate. I suspect it was because I had been mentioning it in twitter to a friend of mine that I'd be hitting MM on that flight but can't be sure.

I don't think it is a common thing at all but I do believe you have a better chance of being recognized on a Delta flight leaving your home airport. (YMMV)

Haven't really noticed a significant difference in the way I've been treated since crossing that milestone but I do ride up front most of the time and am treated pretty well regularly. When my status is mentioned at all, it does seem like they appreciate the MM more than the DM.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 9:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I suspect it's more of a special thing if your home airport is an outstation as MMs aren't so unusual at hubs.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is there still a luggage gift at 3MM?
Originally Posted by BamaGirl
Yes. Also at 4MM...as far as I can tell from posts I see here from people at lower MM levels, there is no 'upgrade' to the offerings as you go up levels.
That is unexpected, but good, news since I am about 6 months or so from 3MM.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 4:51 pm

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
I didn't receive any recognition on my MM flight. While ordering drinks, I told the flight attendant that it was my MM flight and that I would like to celebrate it. Her response was "Oh, that's really nice. What drink would you like?" And that was it. LOL Oh well.

The unfortunate thing was the flight was then delayed, causing me to miss my connection. The rebooked flight then sat on the tarmac for over an hour causing me to miss my next connection. It all turned out to be enough of a mess that I sent an email to Delta. A few days later I received a gift basket with a card thanking me for being a MM'er as well as a gift card.

Based on everything I'd read, I wasn't expecting anything. But I did appreciate the response when things went wrong.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Crossed over to 1 MM on Delta metal.

My flight was all in California, in BE.

I got a window. But then again, the plane only had window or aisle.

Didn't even get the extra legroom, which I've gotten before on BE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.