Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Veg special meals in D1 (international)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2018, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Curious if anyone has experience ordering special meals on D1 international flights. I usually go with AVML, but on Delta I've only ever ordered that on domestic flights and gotten the sad vegetables on bread meal.

Cheers
Old Aug 5, 2018, 6:23 pm

Among others:
Delta One Transcon Vegetarian Meal?
Vegetarian meal in BE JFK-LHR
Experiences with Vegan or Vegetarian Meals in BE
Important Info RE: Vegetarian Meals
Old Aug 5, 2018, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Thanks! I had seen several of these from searching, and the most recent one (Dec 2016) was regarding transcons. Out of curiosity, do you know if any of the info in those threads is either still relevant/accurate or, in the case of the transcon thread, applicable to international?
Old Aug 6, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: Delta
VLML or VGML? I don't know about VL, only VG. Did DTW-AMS last week. Main meal was somewhat decent (definately NOT "comparable to D1 regular meals" as several CS people assured me). Breakfast was 100% fail - eggs and cheese do not belong in a VGML meal. Will post detailed after I get back next week (both segments).
Old Aug 9, 2018, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

My go to is AVML (so dairy and eggs ok) I'm mostly trying to figure out if I'm better off ordering that special or going with the pasta.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Vegas Vegan
eggs and cheese do not belong in a VGML meal.
iirc I read somewhere that Delta's system has VGML and VLML flipped?
Old Aug 9, 2018, 8:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by seafly
iirc I read somewhere that Delta's system has VGML and VLML flipped?

This has been my experience on the last two flights I took. I ordered VLML but I received vegan meals. I eat eggs and dairy. Vegas Vegan: do you think this could be the issue? How would we ever bring this to DL's attention? I actually think this could be a real thing.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
This has been my experience on the last two flights I took. I ordered VLML but I received vegan meals. I eat eggs and dairy. Vegas Vegan: do you think this could be the issue? How would we ever bring this to DL's attention? I actually think this could be a real thing.
I think its more the caterers not knowing the difference. Why else would I get VG dinner and VL breakfast on the same flight? I've tried for years to find out who caters a specific meal I'm upset about; DL won't tell.

I'm flying back to the States this week on KL. Will be interesting to see their take on VG meals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.