Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Is trekking down to LAX worth Delta One or...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is trekking down to LAX worth Delta One or...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2018, 4:42 pm

Personally I would go with Delta. We live near the skirball exit and my husband commutes daily to his office south of LAX, so we know the 405 all too well! It will still be heavy but moving well by mid-morning and you'll be able to use the carpool lane. I wouldn't leave before 10 am and traffic only gets lighter if you wait another 30-60 minutes. Of course check traffic apps to make sure there isn't a massive wreck (this is where SCD could come in handy!).

If you're going to be up late the night before the lie-flat will probably be used. If I were price sensitive I probably wouldn't pay the premium as the eastbound flights to NYC do go fast, but if you're not too concerned, Delta all the way. BUR and LAX are about equidistant for me and I prefer LAX - but I seem to be in the minority in this area. I just don't have the BUR love that other people do.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by indufan
You have said that a couple of times. Why do you doubt that? Because you wouldn't?
Because it would be a mid day flight, and while the day before will be a long day and I want an enjoyable least stressful travel option we will have had a decent nights sleep at a hotel. MAYBE she would fall asleep mid afternoon, but I would think that would really screw up her sleep back home in NY. I mean she would land ~9pm or something and probably in bed around 11. That seems perfect for battling jet lag and getting back into the daily groove.

Edit: Would totally be different if this was a flight that required getting out of the hotel at like 4:30am or something or if it was departing LAX at like 7pm or something. But just after noon? Just seems like falling asleep would be pretty low on the list of “wants” :P
Old Aug 5, 2018, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by acarney
...Would totally be different if this was a flight that required getting out of the hotel at like 4:30am or something or if it was departing LAX at like 7pm or something. But just after noon? Just seems like falling asleep would be pretty low on the list of “wants” :P
“just falling asleep just after noon” ... position on the list of “wants” might be irrelevant after two or three prosecci (?) and a D1 lunch
Old Aug 5, 2018, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
It's not a big deal to get to LAX in the middle of the day when the traffic is not likely to be bad, and it's also very easy to do so on surface streets if needed.
Indeed. This may come as a shock, but I believe thousands of people make such journeys every single day without requiring PTSD therapy. In fairness, some probably do...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.