DL LGA to JFK Transfer booking

Old Aug 2, 18, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott/SPG Plat Elite, Avis First, Delta FO
DL LGA to JFK Transfer booking

I am looking at ITA and finding routing STL-LGA JFK-KEF that I want to take. I can't seem to trigger them on the delta website. I can get a similar price with STL-ATL-JFK-KEF, but I'd rather sit at home for 6 hours than have 2 multi-hour layovers. Short of paying $50/ticket to book on the phone how can I get the routing below?

Fare Construction (can be useful to travel agents)
STL DL X/NYC DL REK 89.50VKEX00B1 DL X/NYC DL STL 89.50VKEX00B1 NUC 179.00 END ROE 1.00 XT 5.65YC 7.00XY 3.96XA 36.60US 11.20AY 24.90IS 6.00ZU 128.00YR 13.50XF JFK4.50 STL4.50 LGA4.50

Last edited by fujiteam; Aug 2, 18 at 11:41 am
Old Aug 2, 18, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
What $50 fee are you talking about ? Delta has no such fee.
Old Aug 2, 18, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
What $50 fee are you talking about ? Delta has no such fee.
Sorry, the $50 fee to book over the phone.
Old Aug 2, 18, 11:42 am

Programs: Delta Plat
I think OP was talking about the no longer existing fee to book by phone.

I still prefer to book by the website though (regardless of there being no fee for phone booking). Two tools that might help the OP do this:

. BookWithMatrix: This is a website that lets you put in the Matrix fare construction and will (hopefully) deep-link in the dl.com (or another) website to book the fare

. ITA-Matrix-Power-Tools : This is a javascrript addon to your broswer that will magically pop links deep into sites that will have the booking pulled up.

Both tools do about the same thing. They find the magic code to try to book these complicated routes on airline (and some OTA) websites, then send you there.
af fp and fujiteam like this.
Old Aug 2, 18, 11:46 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by fujiteam View Post
Sorry, the $50 fee to book over the phone.
I don't believe there is a fee. If Exwannabe is correct, that is a relic of the past.

You're a GM, and should be able to call the GM desk and they'll handle it for you gratis.
Old Aug 2, 18, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TheHorta View Post
I don't believe there is a fee. If Exwannabe is correct, that is a relic of the past.

You're a GM, and should be able to call the GM desk and they'll handle it for you gratis.
I need to update that, my GM ran out on a 'taste of'

The ITA booking tools appear to be working.
Old Aug 2, 18, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
I need to update that, my GM ran out on a 'taste of'

The ITA booking tools appear to be working.
Doesn't matter status. DL eliminated the phone booking fee for around two years ago.
fujiteam and hi55us like this.
Old Aug 2, 18, 1:14 pm

I am looking at ITA and finding routing STL-LGA JFK-KEF that I want to take. I can't seem to trigger them on the delta website. I can get a similar price with STL-ATL-JFK-KEF, but I'd rather sit at home for 6 hours than have 2 multi-hour layovers. Short of paying $50/ticket to book on the phone how can I get the routing below?

Fare Construction (can be useful to travel agents)
STL DL X/NYC DL REK 89.50VKEX00B1 DL X/NYC DL STL 89.50VKEX00B1 NUC 179.00 END ROE 1.00 XT 5.65YC 7.00XY 3.96XA 36.60US 11.20AY 24.90IS 6.00ZU 128.00YR 13.50XF JFK4.50 STL4.50 LGA4.50
If you're checking bag/s won't you have to claim at LGA and recheck at JFK?
Old Aug 2, 18, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by OHDL1 View Post
If you're checking bag/s won't you have to claim at LGA and recheck at JFK?
Yes. However no need to pay again. Just drop and go.
fujiteam likes this.
Old Aug 2, 18, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
Just fyi, construction at lga causes a lot of delays. Taxi lines are longer than normal (plus you have those useless people trying to turn the taxi line into a line for a club where they seem to slow people down just to keep the line inorganically long), and you can't pick up Ubers and Lyfts from the airport, you have to go to an offsite location.

Also, you may have the people that will further enhance your delay to get out of the airport that insist on collecting every passengers' baggage claim ticket.

Point being: plan on a longer amount of time than you think it will take to get from lga-jfk.
Old Aug 2, 18, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / MLife Gold / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Explorist / United Silver
Originally Posted by jetsfan92588 View Post
Just fyi, construction at lga causes a lot of delays. Taxi lines are longer than normal (plus you have those useless people trying to turn the taxi line into a line for a club where they seem to slow people down just to keep the line inorganically long), and you can't pick up Ubers and Lyfts from the airport, you have to go to an offsite location.
Doesn't Delta give you free transfer between LGA and JFK if you have a transatlantic revenue ticket in one PNR? No need to pay for taxi or uber.
Old Aug 2, 18, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA, CX, AS, DL / Hilton, SPG
Originally Posted by samwise6222 View Post
Doesn't Delta give you free transfer between LGA and JFK if you have a transatlantic revenue ticket in one PNR? No need to pay for taxi or uber.
Yes they do, Rule 150. You can get a voucher at the baggage office I believe.

Edit: Looking at the Intíl CoC, itís now Rule 5:

INTER-AIRPORT TRANSPORTATION
Except for passengers traveling on award tickets or free tickets, Delta will provide ground transfer services at no additional charge to Delta or Delta Connection passengers making connections between LaGuardia Airport (LGA) or Newark International Airport (EWR) and John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) to or from Delta transatlantic flights, if the passenger's connecting flight is scheduled to depart the same calendar day of the scheduled arrival of the passenger's flight at LGA/EWR/JFK airports. Both the arriving and departing flights to/from JFK/LGA/EWR must be on the same ticket.

When transferring between airports, baggage must be claimed and rechecked by the passenger.

Last edited by RunningforMiles; Aug 2, 18 at 4:46 pm
Old Aug 2, 18, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
Originally Posted by samwise6222 View Post
Right, the issue isn't the money - but the time it takes to get a taxi. Unless you mean that DL already has transportation ready for you? I've never done it so I'm not sure.
Old Aug 2, 18, 6:55 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by jetsfan92588 View Post
Right, the issue isn't the money - but the time it takes to get a taxi. Unless you mean that DL already has transportation ready for you? I've never done it so I'm not sure.
Funny to comment when you've never done it before.

DL has a service they use. They print the voucher and give you a number to call for the service. The car always shows up within ~10 minutes given the service has a fleet of vehicles waiting at each of the major NYC airports.
Old Aug 2, 18, 7:34 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Plat, Hertz 5*
Thanks for the transfer info. I knew about LGA-JFK, but didn't realize the free transfer includes EWR as well.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: