DL LGA to JFK Transfer booking

Old Aug 2, 18, 8:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Took me about an hour to collect bags, get a taxi, and drive to JFK in rush hour the other day, though I wouldn't want to bet my overseas flight to KEF on that. Return was through MSP...I may never go through NY again.
Old Aug 3, 18, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by OHDL1 View Post
If you're checking bag/s won't you have to claim at LGA and recheck at JFK?
Originally Posted by samwise6222 View Post
Doesn't Delta give you free transfer between LGA and JFK if you have a transatlantic revenue ticket in one PNR? No need to pay for taxi or uber.
While the wording requires one PNR, never have gotten pushback getting a voucher when on 2. They just wanted both PNR to result in DL to/from DL/AF/KL/VS connection.
Old Aug 3, 18, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott/SPG Plat Elite, Avis First, Delta FO
Thanks for the ITA booking help everyone. I learned about the NYC transfers a couple of weeks ago. The layovers I was looking at was like 4~5 hours, so I figured that would be safe even considering customs at JFK.

I ended up booking WOW to fly non-stop STL-KEF and netting 1.5 days of less travel. Hopefully int eh future I'll take advantage of the booking and transfer on some fair match to continental Europe.
Old Aug 3, 18, 8:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
There is no longer a Rule 150. However, there is a Rule 5 and it makes clear that DL no longer arranges or pays for this service. If you do choose a LGA-JFK connection, make sure to allow a lot of time to account for the vagaries of baggage service and traffic at LGA.

RULE 5: INTER-AIRPORT TRANSPORTATION When a metropolitan area is served by more than one airport and the passenger requires connecting service with arrival at one airport and departure from another airport, transportation between those airports must be arranged by and at the expense of the passenger. Baggage must be claimed and rechecked by the passenger.
Old Aug 3, 18, 8:31 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
There is no longer a Rule 150. However, there is a Rule 5 and it makes clear that DL no longer arranges or pays for this service. If you do choose a LGA-JFK connection, make sure to allow a lot of time to account for the vagaries of baggage service and traffic at LGA.

RULE 5: INTER-AIRPORT TRANSPORTATION When a metropolitan area is served by more than one airport and the passenger requires connecting service with arrival at one airport and departure from another airport, transportation between those airports must be arranged by and at the expense of the passenger. Baggage must be claimed and rechecked by the passenger.
Incorrect. Where did you get your rule 5 from? You left out key bits to this discussion:
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/legal/contract-of-carriage-igr.html#interairport

"RULE 5: INTER-AIRPORT TRANSPORTATION

Except as otherwise specified below, Delta does not operate or provide ground transfer service between airports or between airports and city centers. When a metropolitan area is served by more than one airport and the passenger requires connecting service with arrival at one airport and departure from another airport, transportation between those airports must be arranged by and at the expense of the passenger. Any such service is performed by independent operators who are not and shall not be deemed to be agents or servants of Delta. Although Delta may assist you in making arrangements for such ground transfer service, you agree that Delta is not liable for any act or omission of any such independent operator. If we issue you a voucher to cover the cost of services provided by any such independent contractor and you decide not to use the services, the voucher for such services will have not refund value.

Except for passengers traveling on award tickets or free tickets, Delta will provide ground transfer services at no additional charge to Delta or Delta Connection passengers making connections between LaGuardia Airport (LGA) or Newark International Airport (EWR) and John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) to or from Delta transatlantic flights, if the passenger's connecting flight is scheduled to depart the same calendar day of the scheduled arrival of the passenger's flight at LGA/EWR/JFK airports. Both the arriving and departing flights to/from JFK/LGA/EWR must be on the same ticket.

When transferring between airports, baggage must be claimed and rechecked by the passenger."
fujiteam likes this.
Old Aug 3, 18, 12:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by btonkid12345 View Post
Incorrect. Where did you get your rule 5 from? You left out key bits to this discussion:
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...l#interairport

"RULE 5: INTER-AIRPORT TRANSPORTATION

Except as otherwise specified below, Delta does not operate or provide ground transfer service between airports or between airports and city centers. When a metropolitan area is served by more than one airport and the passenger requires connecting service with arrival at one airport and departure from another airport, transportation between those airports must be arranged by and at the expense of the passenger. Any such service is performed by independent operators who are not and shall not be deemed to be agents or servants of Delta. Although Delta may assist you in making arrangements for such ground transfer service, you agree that Delta is not liable for any act or omission of any such independent operator. If we issue you a voucher to cover the cost of services provided by any such independent contractor and you decide not to use the services, the voucher for such services will have not refund value.

Except for passengers traveling on award tickets or free tickets, Delta will provide ground transfer services at no additional charge to Delta or Delta Connection passengers making connections between LaGuardia Airport (LGA) or Newark International Airport (EWR) and John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) to or from Delta transatlantic flights, if the passenger's connecting flight is scheduled to depart the same calendar day of the scheduled arrival of the passenger's flight at LGA/EWR/JFK airports. Both the arriving and departing flights to/from JFK/LGA/EWR must be on the same ticket.

When transferring between airports, baggage must be claimed and rechecked by the passenger."
I cut & pasted from the COC as they appear from the DL website at the time I posted the language. DL lists its COC version as updated on July 11, 2018, and the additional language you quote no longer appears in Rule 5. Here is a link to the COC from the DL website (or you may look it up yourself on delta.com.

I am absolutely correct.

https://www.delta.com/content/dam/de...rriage-dom.pdf
Old Aug 3, 18, 1:13 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
Often, you just linked to the domestic COC. As the flight goes on to KEV, it is the international COC which applies despite the NYC connection.
btonkid12345 likes this.
Old Aug 3, 18, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / MLife Gold / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Explorist / United Silver
I cut & pasted from the COC as they appear from the DL website at the time I posted the language. DL lists its COC version as updated on July 11, 2018, and the additional language you quote no longer appears in Rule 5. Here is a link to the COC from the DL website (or you may look it up yourself on delta.com.

I am absolutely correct.

dudeu are quoting domestic CoC.

Originally Posted by exwannabe View Post
Often, you just linked to the domestic COC. As the flight goes on to KEV, it is the international COC which applies despite the NYC connection.
​​​​​​​KEF
btonkid12345 likes this.
Old Aug 3, 18, 5:13 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite

I am absolutely correct.

You are absolutely incorrect, still. That is the domestic contract of carriage, for which of course this rule would not have the provision of ground transport across the NYC airports.

I already posted the correct link to the international contract of carriage. Even in your link above, you can see "dom" signifying domestic in the url. Mic drop.
Old Aug 3, 18, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, others
Originally Posted by jetsfan92588 View Post
Just fyi, construction at lga causes a lot of delays. Taxi lines are longer than normal (plus you have those useless people trying to turn the taxi line into a line for a club where they seem to slow people down just to keep the line inorganically long), and you can't pick up Ubers and Lyfts from the airport, you have to go to an offsite location.
According to Lyft's website, that only applies to Terminal B. Delta uses C and D.
jetsfan92588 likes this.

Last edited by sethb; Aug 3, 18 at 11:30 pm Reason: typo

Search this Thread
Search Engine: