Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All Nippon Airways to Delta in NRT

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA-Plat, UA-MM, Hertz PC, HH, APEC ABTC
Why fly from Osaka to NRT? The train, especially the Shinkansen bullet train, is a fabulous experience. If you buy a JRPass, which would doubtless add greatly to your entire vacation experience, then the trip back to NRT could essentially be free.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 5:21 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Originally Posted by tvhead
Why fly from Osaka to NRT? The train, especially the Shinkansen bullet train, is a fabulous experience. If you buy a JRPass, which would doubtless add greatly to your entire vacation experience, then the trip back to NRT could essentially be free.
+1 Agreed. The train is way more convenient than flying between Osaka and Tokyo....so much leg room!!!
Old Jul 29, 2018, 8:45 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
Well the OP isn't flying through HND or KIX, or flying JL. So, not sure what you mean by that.

ITM handles entirely domestic flights. I'm sure they can handle the bag check-through to DL, but the likelihood of it being a bit more difficult than at international airports is fairly high. My experience at Japanese domestic-only airports is a small sample size, but I found English to be in limited supply.
Sorry, I meant to put ITM in my post and not KIX. Same advice applies; being on a different ticket doesn't matter. They know what they're doing.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold (1K 2016–2023 by miracle extensions; RIP 1K status), 1MM
Originally Posted by GateGuardian
+1 Agreed. The train is way more convenient than flying between Osaka and Tokyo....so much leg room!!!
Yes, but flying might be cheaper. I have no idea about booking this as a single ticket, but NH has domestic fares for foreign visitors, regardless of the airline they came to Japan on, that can be really really cheap. You can't check in online with those fares since they need the chance to look at your passport (to make sure you have a valid tourist visa) but they definitely might be cheaper than the Shinkansen (bullet train).
Old Aug 1, 2018, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kannai
Yes, but flying might be cheaper. I have no idea about booking this as a single ticket, but NH has domestic fares for foreign visitors, regardless of the airline they came to Japan on, that can be really really cheap. You can't check in online with those fares since they need the chance to look at your passport (to make sure you have a valid tourist visa) but they definitely might be cheaper than the Shinkansen (bullet train).
Flight in premium economy is just $72 each and includes two checked bags. Considering the layover time, we are going to chance flying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.