Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fly Delta Login Issues??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2022, 9:31 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
FWIW, for the last day or two biometric login works intermittently for me now, even without clearing all data. But sometimes I still get the error and have to login with my password.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 5:22 pm

Programs: DL-DM (1.75MM), Bonvoy LifeTi, Hertz-PC
A couple months ago, app would keep logging me out until I uninstalled it, reinstalled it.
Had to do this twice in a period of two weeks. (Note 8, Android, up to date Verizon patches?)

Talked to another FF in C club ATL, said he and another were having similar issues.

Seemingly little issues since then until my TATL return in DTW I get logged out after customs.
Now, every time I open the app, it instantly logs me out.
Once I log in (typing p/w), it either all comes up right away, or I have to wait a few minutes for My Trips to do anything.

Last edited by BHammy; Apr 7, 2022 at 7:02 am
Old Apr 7, 2022, 7:17 am

Programs: DL, B6
Originally Posted by Zorak
FWIW, for the last day or two biometric login works intermittently for me now, even without clearing all data. But sometimes I still get the error and have to login with my password.
Same. There was an Android security update a few days ago. The Delta apparently updated 3 days ago as well, but there may not have been a full update. Hence the trouble. I did the same thing with manual login and it worked fine. And assume it will resolve itself with the next app update.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 7:29 am

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Noticed after a recent app update that the DELTA app now - repeatedly - logs me out. I'm using iOS and iPadOS has anyone else noticed this? Is there a fix to stay logged in?
Old Apr 7, 2022, 9:14 am

Programs: Delta Plat, United Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by KenTarmac
Noticed after a recent app update that the DELTA app now - repeatedly - logs me out. I'm using iOS and iPadOS has anyone else noticed this? Is there a fix to stay logged in?
I have the same issue and have not been able to find a fix yet.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 7:28 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by KenTarmac
Logs you out as in you need to re-enter all of your credentials? Or, you just simply need to re-authenticate after launching?

I can't definitively speak to it as I use an Android device, but, every time I launch the app I need to biometrically re-authenticate.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 2:36 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
The app was almost useless for me the past 3 days.

Biometric log in didn't at all, password would work but even then it would randomly just forget everything in "Today" while using the app. Like I had boarding pass up and was scrolling on the screen to keep it awake, then put it over the scanner at the gate, no beep, looked at the screen again and it was just showing my last flight search encouraging me to book it. Now I am holding up the line like a dufus trying to pull up my screen shots. Stupid app making me look like a novice. Lol

You can kind of bypass the login issue by clicking on the now boarding notification but that didn't stop the boarding pass from randomly disappearing anyway.

Thank goodness for screen shots and printed boarding passes.
Keith2004 and KenTarmac like this.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 4:16 pm

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I had to disable biometrics and switch to password only to get my app to work.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 5:23 pm

Programs: DL, UA
Yup recent update is buggy. I'm just logging in manually with password as biometrics not working. I normally screen shot when I have boarding pass so it is there and ready in case of the app not working. Also helps to track and compare how I progress down the list by boarding time
Keith2004, KenTarmac and defrosted like this.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 7:01 pm

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cakiwi
Yup recent update is buggy. I'm just logging in manually with password as biometrics not working. I normally screen shot when I have boarding pass so it is there and ready in case of the app not working. Also helps to track and compare how I progress down the list by boarding time
Screenshots are definitely the way to go, I have had app problems around boarding time...even when the app is not having widespread issues.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 7:21 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Since we're on the topic,

I've been getting printed boarding passes, and then the one in the app doesn't work. If I retrieved the electronic one, would I still be able to get one printed?

In other words, can you have both?
Old Apr 8, 2022, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer

I've been getting printed boarding passes, and then the one in the app doesn't work. If I retrieved the electronic one, would I still be able to get one printed?

Yes.

I have had same issue, checkin with a human, get BP, then app won't give eBP. It keeps acting like it needs to check me in. unless, within checkin window, it doesn't let me. Worse, if within checkin window on international trips, its causes system to check you in again. Means system no longer shows DOCS-OK.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 7:54 pm

Programs: DL - PM, (NW - Plat), AA - Gold, Marriott - Plat, Avis - First
App first logged me out.
Now its not letting me check-in for a flight tomorrow saying I don't have an e-ticket.
I guess I could just print out a BP or just go to a kiosk at the airport, but now I'm wondering is my ticket actually screwed-up or is it the app?

Was is up the app currently? Is is being super buggy for everyone else or is it just me?
Old Apr 8, 2022, 11:06 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Keith2004
I had to disable biometrics and switch to password only to get my app to work.
This issue has been affecting Android users for a bit now as discussed in: Fly Delta not working

Not sure if it's the same exact symptoms on IOS but feels like there could be a common problem on the server side...

Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer

Domestic or international? I've never had a problem on a domestic itinerary with one BP type locking out the other...

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Yes.

I have had same issue, checkin with a human, get BP, then app won't give eBP. It keeps acting like it needs to check me in. unless, within checkin window, it doesn't let me. Worse, if within checkin window on international trips, its causes system to check you in again. Means system no longer shows DOCS-OK.
... when something like this has happened to me, it's usually that I can't check-in online because something needs to be verified. Once I verify whatever at the counter and they issue a paper BP, usually refreshing the app shows eBP as well, but I've had trips where the app never synced or something and I never had an eBP.

Originally Posted by DTWflyer
App first logged me out.
Now its not letting me check-in for a flight tomorrow saying I don't have an e-ticket.
Do you have a waitlisted certificate upgrade? If so, you have probably cleared and the ticket needs reissuing: DL app-- "oops sorry you don't have an electronic ticket, please check in with agent"

(but this is unrelated to app woes, if this is indeed the case, you would not be able to check in via any means until the ticket reissue happens)
DTWflyer likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Zorak
This issue has been affecting Android users for a bit now as discussed in: Fly Delta not working

Not sure if it's the same exact symptoms on IOS but feels like there could be a common problem on the server side...

Domestic or international? I've never had a problem on a domestic itinerary with one BP type locking out the other...

... when something like this has happened to me, it's usually that I can't check-in online because something needs to be verified. Once I verify whatever at the counter and they issue a paper BP, usually refreshing the app shows eBP as well, but I've had trips where the app never synced or something and I never had an eBP.

Do you have a waitlisted certificate upgrade? If so, you have probably cleared and the ticket needs reissuing: DL app-- "oops sorry you don't have an electronic ticket, please check in with agent"

(but this is unrelated to app woes, if this is indeed the case, you would not be able to check in via any means until the ticket reissue happens)
Issue only happens after checking in with agent. I'll have a print BP that says DOCS-OK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.