Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What is with late arrivals at Dulles this afternoon?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2018, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles

See there are delays for arrivals and departures. Flight I am looking at is 2h and 25m late. Did not notice any storms on weather maps. Flight is coming from Houston.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
General Departure Delays: Due to WX:Thunderstorms, traffic is experiencing Gate Hold and Taxi delays between 1 hour and 31 minutes and 1 hour and 45 minutes in length and increasing.

This is FAA air traffic control site a good place to start: https://www.fly.faa.gov/flyfaa/usmap.jsp
Old Jul 16, 2018, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Audie
See there are delays for arrivals and departures. Flight I am looking at is 2h and 25m late. Did not notice any storms on weather maps. Flight is coming from Houston.
Delays due to thunderstorms.
https://www.fly.faa.gov/flyfaa/flyfa...p?ARPT=IAD&p=0
Old Jul 16, 2018, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Just saw a new weather map and it is showing storms. Still not sure why the two hour delay leaving Houston.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 6:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Audie
Just saw a new weather map and it is showing storms. Still not sure why the two hour delay leaving Houston.
Which airline are you flying that you’re direct from Houston? DL doesn’t have one that I know of.

There were very localized strong pop ups in the area today.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 6:15 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
General Departure Delays: Due to WX:Thunderstorms, traffic is experiencing Gate Hold and Taxi delays between 1 hour and 31 minutes and 1 hour and 45 minutes in length and increasing.

This is FAA air traffic control site a good place to start: https://www.fly.faa.gov/flyfaa/usmap.jsp
If you click on the IAD information you will notice that those are departure delays from IAD heading to the three NYC airports. There are currently no delays for flights arriving IAD:
Originally Posted by faa.gov
Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) Real-time StatusThe status information provided on this site indicates general airport conditions; it is not flight-specific. Check with your airline to determine if your flight is affected.Delays by Destination:
  • Due to WEATHER / THUNDERSTORMS, departure traffic destined to Newark International Airport, Newark, NJ (EWR) is currently experiencing delays averaging 2 hours and 40 minutes.
  • Due to WEATHER / THUNDERSTORMS, departure traffic destined to John F Kennedy International Airport, New York, NY (JFK) is currently experiencing delays averaging 1 hour and 40 minutes.
  • Due to WEATHER / THUNDERSTORMS, departure traffic destined to La Guardia Airport, New York, NY (LGA) is currently experiencing delays averaging 1 hour and 54 minutes.
General Departure Delays: Due to WX:Thunderstorms, traffic is experiencing Gate Hold and Taxi delays between 16 minutes and 30 minutes in length and increasing.General Arrival Delays: Arrival traffic is experiencing airborne delays of 15 minutes or less.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 1:00 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I live 15 miles south of IAD, and I can report that there was a massive thundershower here between 4-6 pm. It got quite sunny by 7 pm, interestingly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.