Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

AF marketed, DL operated flight for a DM, anyway to get on the upgrade list?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF marketed, DL operated flight for a DM, anyway to get on the upgrade list?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2018, 1:03 am
Original Poster

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Question AF marketed, DL operated flight for a DM, anyway to get on the upgrade list?

So I've got a AF marketed/ticket flight, on a DL operated flight from AMS-PDX in economy.
Is there any way to get into C+? The DM line said no but can get a preferred seat (which is an exit row at least).
My outbound is AF marketed/ticket KLM operated biz class, which was much cheaper to book via AF so hence why I did that
Old Jul 15, 2018, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
So I've got a AF marketed/ticket flight, on a DL operated flight from AMS-PDX in economy.Is there any way to get into C+?.......
Can only be done at airport.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
No, always get screwed by this when I book VA codeshares....
Old Jul 15, 2018, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Nope, same for donestic F upgrades. If coded other than DL, only DoD upgrades. Until DoD, you're not booked on a DL flight, rather an AF flight.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; Hilton Diamond
So let’s say I have CDG-JFK-ATL in Y. Purchased ticket on AF website and was issued and AF ticket starting with 05xxxxxxxxxx. CDG-JFK is on AF metal and JFK-ATL is on delta. For DoD upgrades for the domestic segment, what is the process? Call delta when I land in JFK?
Also for this ticket, I am assuming I’ll earn MQDs based on a percent of distance flown, even for the domestic segment. Correct?
Old Oct 13, 2018, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by arunhn
So let’s say I have CDG-JFK-ATL in Y. Purchased ticket on AF website and was issued and AF ticket starting with 05xxxxxxxxxx. CDG-JFK is on AF metal and JFK-ATL is on delta. For DoD upgrades for the domestic segment, what is the process? Call delta when I land in JFK?
Also for this ticket, I am assuming I’ll earn MQDs based on a percent of distance flown, even for the domestic segment. Correct?
FYI it's the first three digits of the ticket number that indicate the ticketing carrier. AF is 057 (DL is 006). I'm sure if it starts with 05, it's probably AF, but just worth a note.

The process IME is just to go to the airport agent / Skyclub agent on the day and ask about upgrades. I'm usually already on the list already after checking in, but if not, they add me. It never matters, as at that point, seats are full...
Old Oct 13, 2018, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No way for DL upgrade processor to handle an AF marketed ticket (there's no RU bucket on AF). If you want to earn based on distance flown, you have to accept the fact that you won't be eligible for domestic upgrades. You can whine and cry at the gate, but you shouldn't really expect an agent to bump other pax on DL-coded fares for you.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ
No way for DL upgrade processor to handle an AF marketed ticket (there's no RU bucket on AF). If you want to earn based on distance flown, you have to accept the fact that you won't be eligible for domestic upgrades. You can whine and cry at the gate, but you shouldn't really expect an agent to bump other pax on DL-coded fares for you.
How have I always gotten on the upgrade list then on day of travel?
Old Oct 13, 2018, 6:23 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Once you do OLCI you are added to the upgrade list.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by SDQBound

That's what I thought,and my experience (if it doesn't happen, an agent can add me at the airport). But my question is about LBJ's assertion that upgrades on codeshares are not possible.

I've never ACTUALLY been upgraded on a codeshare FWIW. But I do get on the list.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by LBJ
You get DoD upgrades. Just no advance window upgrades.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
So I've got a AF marketed/ticket flight, on a DL operated flight from AMS-PDX in economy.
Is there any way to get into C+? The DM line said no but can get a preferred seat (which is an exit row at least).
My outbound is AF marketed/ticket KLM operated biz class, which was much cheaper to book via AF so hence why I did that
I had this exact issue when AMEX was offering their $200 off a purchase of AF fare of $1,000+ and booked a AF marketed flight on DL for the same price as if I would have bought it on DL. Upgrade eligibility is as others have said, not until OLCI
Old Apr 23, 2019, 11:20 am

Will I appear on the upgrade list even if OLCI is done through AF? I will need to check in with AF since AF is the operating carrier on the first two segments of the return flight (DL is the last segment).
Old Apr 23, 2019, 12:02 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by The Situation
Will I appear on the upgrade list even if OLCI is done through AF? I will need to check in with AF since AF is the operating carrier on the first two segments of the return flight (DL is the last segment).
Yes, AF sends the check-in status to DL and you are added to the upgrade list.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 2:15 pm

Programs: Delta PM MM. Marriott LTP. Hilton Gold
Yes, AF sends the check-in status to DL and you are added to the upgrade list.
Are you added to the upgrade list according to Medallion status or as if you had Flying Blue Status? This is the difference between being on top as a Diamond (and clearing into F) or bottom as a partner.

I could deal with being on top for day of departure for a 600 mile domestic flight if the AF ticketed travel is $500 less.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.