Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Our Hell with Delta. Advice needed

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by hotturnip
Yeah, this story is super confusing and vague. "We booked online." On the DL website? Online travel agency? Where?

I think maybe English is not the OP's first language? I wonder if communication issues may have actually led to some of these problems
If the OP is not a native English speaker, he has done an amazing job of learning the language well. His words are very well written despite the lack of clarity on key issues.

I would bet at 50-50 odds that he speaks with either a NJ/NY or UK accent.

Ben, if you care to reply again. Could you clarify if wife was denied a ticket at the initial airport, or at the a transfer at CDG. And did she BPs issues at the initial airport?
wrp96 likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 1:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Why keep speculating?

Either OP returns with the facts or not. If he does, then it is possible to provide useful advice. If he does not, little of what he says makes sense and there are close to unlimited possibilities.
TerryK, enviroian and cruisr like this.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 3:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Colin
he mentioned at-airport ticketing currency of GBP and it was a nonstop DL to PHL. context.
AF doesn't fly from any other UK airport to CDG?
Old Jul 15, 2018, 3:57 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
The original flight was, according to OP, XXX-JFK-PHL. Since he mentioned the ticket being priced in pounds, it could potentially be LHR, MAN, EDI, or GLA (or maybe even LGW if he was on a VS codeshare, though I don't think AF serves LGW).
Old Jul 15, 2018, 4:00 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Then again, OP also mentions that the lap infant ticket was quoted to him in dollars, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old Jul 15, 2018, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Ben1989
Okay we originally booked online...
How so? Delta.com's U.S. site? An Air France European site? Delta.com doesn't have the functionality to buy an international infant lap ticket.

Originally Posted by Ben1989
My wife then called Air France last month to ask about luggage allowances for our lap infant and she said that she doesn’t have a ticket and in fact implied we were trying to get our infant to USA for free and was very rude about it.

We then called Delta about this. The assistant answered and we gave our confirmation number to which he replied ‘booking for Ben, Jen & Lily’.
Lily (the infant?) needed to have her flight record attached to a traveling adult. That still doesn't give her a ticket.

Infant tickets are 10% of the available adult fare at time of infant ticket purchase, plus applicable taxes and fees. It's best to buy infant fares immediately after buying adult fares. Calling and asking 'Are we good to go?' isn't buying a ticket.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
How so? Delta.com's U.S. site? An Air France European site? Delta.com doesn't have the functionality to buy an international infant lap ticket.

Lily (the infant?) needed to have her flight record attached to a traveling adult. That still doesn't give her a ticket.

Infant tickets are 10% of the available adult fare at time of infant ticket purchase, plus applicable taxes and fees. It's best to buy infant fares immediately after buying adult fares. Calling and asking 'Are we good to go?' isn't buying a ticket.
However answering yes, to "are we good to go," is signifying that the infant is ticketed. After all, one must have a ticket for the infant to be "good to go."
ijgordon likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 6:59 pm

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Colin
fly nonstop dude, especially with a lap child
If the OP could go backward in time to change his flight selection to a nonstop, wouldn't it be simpler to go WAY back in time to where the continents were all smushed together, travel overland to the destination, and then go forward in time to the present?
Old Jul 15, 2018, 6:59 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
In retrospective they should have gone through ATL...
Old Jul 15, 2018, 7:05 pm

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Does DL even have a flight JFK-PHL?

It is??? LHR has not been mentioned once by the OP.
OP was talking about how many pounds sterling he had to pay for wife's emergency ticket.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 8:11 pm

I think we can add this thread to the funeral pyre of the many first time post/rants where the OP gets it off his chest, doesn't get immediate huzzahs and fades away.
pvn, jinglish and nancypants like this.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 8:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by thesaints
In retrospective they should have gone through ATL...
For some unexplained reason, the OP is concerned about taking the child through Georgia and therefore didn't want to have to connect in ATL. Does something strange happen to children there?
Old Jul 15, 2018, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
For some unexplained reason, the OP is concerned about taking the child through Georgia and therefore didn't want to have to connect in ATL. Does something strange happen to children there?
When one’s final destination was in PA/NJ and coming from Europe, I think it’s reasonable to not want to fly directly over PHL/NYC from Europe and fly nearly 700 miles further south, only to have to fly another 700 miles back north, particularly with a lap infant. I doubt OP’s reasoning to avoid ATL has anything to do with trying to avoid a Deliverance-like experience.
ijgordon, wrp96, jinglish and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 9:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Carl Johnson
OP was talking about how many pounds sterling he had to pay for wife's emergency ticket.
What does that have to do with LHR?
Old Jul 15, 2018, 10:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
When one’s final destination was in PA/NJ and coming from Europe, I think it’s reasonable to not want to fly directly over PHL/NYC from Europe and fly nearly 700 miles further south, only to have to fly another 700 miles back north, particularly with a lap infant. I doubt OP’s reasoning to avoid ATL has anything to do with trying to avoid a Deliverance-like experience.
What difference does it make when you are flying further southeast to CDG?

What I would like to know is why Delta was changed their reservation seven times? But of course, OP is long gone and will probably never return to this thread to enlighten us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.