Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accessing Delta Club after landing

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2020, 2:29 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by Oakshadow
Is it just me or do the lounge dragons seem less welcoming after they check your BP to learn you’re using SC after arrival?
I've never had an issue with this and pretty regularly use clubs on arrival. A couple agents have seen that I'm arriving (EWR for sure, but I know there were others, too), welcomed me and said "bathrooms are to the right." I found that to be phenomenal customer service, anticipating my exact need at the time .
Old Feb 10, 2020, 5:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
As a very general rule, overseas lounges are departure lounges except if they are specifically designated as arrival lounges, for example at LHR and CDG. In the USA, there's no difference if TSA rules permit you to get to the door of the lounge, at least for the way I access lounges. Those with SC lounge access based on their tickets rather than elite status or credit cards are more likely to experience the departure lounge only rule within the USA, although DL is less draconian on this than some other carriers are.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 9:43 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
As a very general rule, overseas lounges are departure lounges except if they are specifically designated as arrival lounges, for example at LHR and CDG. In the USA, there's no difference if TSA rules permit you to get to the door of the lounge, at least for the way I access lounges.
A good point. At terminating airports where Custom & Immigration dumps you outside security would essentially lock you without access to Skyclub. JFK would be such an airport.

Jiburi
Old Feb 11, 2020, 9:50 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's possible to go through TSA security and re-enter the airside part of a USA airport from landside if you have a boarding pass showing that you arrived at that airport the same day. However, you don't get PreCheck when you do this. [I tried the experiment once at MSP when my checked bag was arriving on the next flight and I wanted to wait in the SC.]
Old Feb 11, 2020, 2:15 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lsquare
That's awesome. I had no idea this was possible on arrival. What about luggage? Since I am DL Gold, my luggage arrives pretty quickly. I would love to grab a bite and a breather before going down and grab my suitcase.
In the few times I've done this (domestic travel) they'll page you a couple of times, then bring your luggage into the baggage claim office.
lsquare and Duke787 like this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 3:07 pm

Programs: DL DM & 1MM
It's possible to go through TSA security and re-enter the airside part of a USA airport from landside if you have a boarding pass showing that you arrived at that airport the same day. However, you don't get PreCheck when you do this. [I tried the experiment once at MSP when my checked bag was arriving on the next flight and I wanted to wait in the SC.]
Interesting. Is this rule applicable to all US airports? I have never tried it. (Frankly, I have never had the need)
Old Feb 11, 2020, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Did the boarding pass say PreCheck? (I've gotten that on flights from foreign airports.)
Old Feb 11, 2020, 9:34 pm

Yes my inbound boarding pass said PreCheck and I arrived into MSP on a domestic segment that day. I don't remember whether it was a domestic or international itinerary, but I did OLCI and printed my boarding pass. Maybe I should have stayed airside until the app said that my checked bag was on the belt, but I hadn't expected any problems. The next flight containing my bag was scheduled to arrive in an hour or two, so that it was more convenient to wait for the bag than to have it delivered the next day, so I was willing to wait if I could do so in the SC rather than the baggage claim area.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 6:12 pm

How long after a DL flight can one access the club? I'm arriving in the am on a DL flight and leaving in the PM on AA. Can I access the club in the PM using my morning DL flight BP? (I'll save a screenshot)
Old Jun 14, 2021, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by moko87
How long after a DL flight can one access the club? I'm arriving in the am on a DL flight and leaving in the PM on AA. Can I access the club in the PM using my morning DL flight BP? (I'll save a screenshot)
AFAIK the rule is "same day" DL flight, meaning the same calendar day, with some special consideration for flights that leave/arrive around midnight.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 7:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Plat, National Executive
Yep, what MSP said - that's been my experience. I've had situations where I arrived and Delta couldn't get me home but booked me on some lesser carrier, albeit, I could still get in the club and wait for my flight as long as it was same day.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by moko87
As long as you're accessing it base on anything but STE+ status you'll get in. STE+ status would require a same day international ST flight plus a ST remaining to be flown.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.