Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Redeem delta flights with flying blue, do I get all delta perks?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2018, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Hi I used flying blues to redeem for delta flights. I am a delta credit card holder, so when I am flying with Delta via flying blue miles, will Delta recognize all the benefits that I have with the credit card? or I need to call Delta up to notate anything. Thank you.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by flybie
Hi I used flying blues to redeem for delta flights. I am a delta credit card holder, so when I am flying with Delta via flying blue miles, will Delta recognize all the benefits that I have with the credit card? or I need to call Delta up to notate anything. Thank you.
You can go to blogspot, there are tons of experts over there.
Try asking "mypointslife"
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Enter your Delta SkyMiles number in the reservation, either when you book with FlyingBlue or by phone with Delta. Benefits from your Delta Amex card don't require you to buy the ticket with the Amex card but they do require your SkyMiles number in the record.
flybie likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 6:48 am

How can OP enter his DL number in the PNR if his AF/Flying Blue number is there as a result of the redemption? Can one do that? (Which I think is really OP's question)
Old Jul 12, 2018, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Enter your Delta SkyMiles number in the reservation, either when you book with FlyingBlue or by phone with Delta. Benefits from your Delta Amex card don't require you to buy the ticket with the Amex card but they do require your SkyMiles number in the record.
thank you. I may have to call delta up to get the frequent number in. If not possible I’ll call Air France to do that.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 7:45 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
It's a bit tricky: AF puts the FB number automatically in the awards reservation and doesn't allow you to modify it, but once you have the confirmation number you can call DL and they will switch the numbers.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by SDQBound
It's a bit tricky: AF puts the FB number automatically in the awards reservation and doesn't allow you to modify it, but once you have the confirmation number you can call DL and they will switch the numbers.
Interesting. Presumably there's both an AF PNR (since 057 stock) and a DL PNR (since DL operated flights). Is the idea that you can have the FB number on the AF PNR (to make the reservation), but then change the DL PNR to add the DL number?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 10:16 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by flyerwma
Interesting. Presumably there's both an AF PNR (since 057 stock) and a DL PNR (since DL operated flights). Is the idea that you can have the FB number on the AF PNR (to make the reservation), but then change the DL PNR to add the DL number?
No. The FQTV is shared across the reservations even if there are two different PNRs. If you change it on the DL PNR, it is reflected on the AF one.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Even once you add the DL Skymiles number into the FQTV field, the Flying Blue number will be in the FQTR field.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Just an update. I logged on to Delta's site and was able to retrieve the reservation using the confirmation # provided by Air France. Under my name, there's a section that I could delete my flying blue # and put in my delta Skymiles #. Now that reservation even shows up on my trips page now. So I presume Delta will recognizes me as an Amex card holder and I should be able to still get all the benefits. Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.