Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta sent me socks?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2018, 9:24 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Kamalaasaa

Mine was more like a SkyTeam tent. Still have it, though!
Same here- they truly were one size fits almost all. Which is good if you're trying to improvise a nightgown or sleep shirt.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 4:24 pm

I literally just saw a pair for sale on eBay! Now I'm wondering why I haven't gotten a pair? Is everyone getting these now? I feel left out
Old Aug 12, 2018, 6:46 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Yogarunnergal
I literally just saw a pair for sale on eBay! Now I'm wondering why I haven't gotten a pair? Is everyone getting these now? I feel left out
Don't feel left out. I also have no Delta swag. I got a free skymiles experience once, but no socks.

All these years people hated the dreaded socks from Grandma Christmas present. Delta gives a few people ugly socks and now that's all we want. Life is full of ironies.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:38 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
I know this is an old thread, but I wasn't sure what was the better choice - post here or start something new.

Anyway, today I received a pair of Delta socks in the mail. They seem to be based on the fact that I'm a Medallion member & live in Nashville. (The tag says, in part, "We're excited to knock your socks off as Nashville's First Class Airline." It also carries the hashtag for #DeltaMedallionLife on it.

I rather like them.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:39 am

Programs: DL DM
Also received the socks yesterday in Nashville:
aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
If anyone does not want their DL socks, and they are unworn, I will happily pay shipping for them.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by aquamarinesteph
Anyway, today I received a pair of Delta socks in the mail. They seem to be based on the fact that I'm a Medallion member & live in Nashville.
Originally Posted by markbb99
Cool, do they still say "Got Status" on the bottom, or something else?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by markbb99
That's cute. Much better than the socks in the D1 amenity kit.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:05 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by daloosh
Cool, do they still say "Got Status" on the bottom, or something else?
Yeah, I think they're the exact same ones they sent out in the summer, except with the Nashville message on them instead of the message about being a new Medallion member. I got both of them.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:36 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BenA
This is FlyerTalk. We're jealous when anyone else gets any perk we don't get.

(I, too, want these absurd socks.)
6 months later, I'm still jealous, and still want a pair of these. I'll have to console myself by wearing my sweet PDX carpet socks in the interim...
Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:49 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
I would wear these like mittens on my next flight.

I don't know if DL marketing are genius or gone crazy....
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:16 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
It's too bad they are not a little less 'tall'. A lot of cyclists love to wear funky socks (I collect them from every cool cycling trip/destination)....but most cyclists sox are either ankle socks or socks that are maybe 3" tall. By having socks that stretch too far up the calf, they are missing a marketing opportunity (and I am serious). I do like the tiny little planes...they are cute.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:24 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BenA
6 months later, I'm still jealous, and still want a pair of these. I'll have to console myself by wearing my sweet PDX carpet socks in the interim...
Me too, maybe my socks are stuck in IROPS? I mean shouldn't everyone in Nashville get these?

BNA has a carpet thing going too, I think only second in follower count to PDX?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by navi_jen
It's too bad they are not a little less 'tall'. A lot of cyclists love to wear funky socks (I collect them from every cool cycling trip/destination)....but most cyclists sox are either ankle socks or socks that are maybe 3" tall. By having socks that stretch too far up the calf, they are missing a marketing opportunity (and I am serious). I do like the tiny little planes...they are cute.
there's probably a much larger market for people who wear dress socks that are visible when you're sitting around a conference room table than for cyclists
MSPeconomist and pvn like this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:46 am

Programs: AA; Delta GM
They appear to be the same ones pictured earlier, just a Nashville branded wrapper on them.

I must confess - they're really cute. They're clearly sized for a man's foot, but I'm wearing them anyway!

My other half - who is also a Delta Medallion member - did not receive the socks. Yes, I may have gloated just a tiny bit. ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.