Delta Status Challenge

Old Jul 10, 18, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Delta Status Challenge

I'm new to Flyer Talk but I am hoping all you knowledgable people can help! I'm Executive Platinum with AA and want to status match to Platinum Medallion with Delta but had a question Delta could not answer. If I status match to Platinum Medallion and then want to become Diamond Medallion do I need to earn the full 125K EQMs between now and the end of December or since I would already be Platinum would I only need the delta (no pun intended) between Platinum and Diamond - 50K EQMs? Thanks for the help!
Old Jul 10, 18, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jp4s View Post
If I status match to Platinum Medallion and then want to become Diamond Medallion do I need to earn the full 125K EQMs between now and the end of December
Yes. A successful Plat challenge is not a 75K head start to Diamond.
jp4s likes this.
Old Jul 10, 18, 6:05 am
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM
You would need to earn the full 125K MQM plus the full 15K MQD requirements (unless MQD requirement is waived due to foreign address)
jp4s likes this.
Old Jul 10, 18, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Thank you! That is what I assumed but figured I would check.
Old Jul 10, 18, 6:24 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
You don't even get PM choice benefits via status match - you need to earn PM the usual way to activate those
Old Jul 10, 18, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by btonkid12345 View Post
You don't even get PM choice benefits via status match - you need to earn PM the usual way to activate those
You don't get right away. However, once you meet the challenge requirements to keep PM you get them.
jetsfan92588 likes this.
Old Oct 14, 18, 12:43 pm

Reopening the topic wrt Delta status challenge.

It appears based on my reading that there is no restriction on which partner MQM/MQD come from during the challenge? Is that correct? I.e. I can qualify for the 2250 MQD (for Plat.) based on partner miles, rather than actual $ spent?
Old Oct 14, 18, 9:59 pm

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
Originally Posted by br2k View Post
Reopening the topic wrt Delta status challenge.

It appears based on my reading that there is no restriction on which partner MQM/MQD come from during the challenge? Is that correct? I.e. I can qualify for the 2250 MQD (for Plat.) based on partner miles, rather than actual $ spent?
My status challenge was successful on an Orbitz vacation package including AF flights (and the MQD calculated as a bulk fare of 20% the distance).
Old Oct 16, 18, 12:52 pm

Programs: Free agent
Do AeroMexico segments count as MQS in the challenge or is it strictly DL similar to UA's policy?
Old Oct 16, 18, 4:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
First dropdown on Delta.com

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8 View Post
Do AeroMexico segments count as MQS in the challenge or is it strictly DL similar to UA's policy?
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...ge.html/#works

Frequently Asked Questions
What flights can I earn MQMs, MQSs or MQDs on for this challenge?
MQMs, MQSs and MQDs earned on Delta- and Delta Connection-operated flights will count towards this challenge. MQMs, MQSs and MQDs may also be earned on partner airline flights that are eligible to earn MQMs, MQSs and MQDs. Visit Airline Partners to learn more about what flights qualify.

Thus make sure if an AM flight it is a flight that does qualify for points etc.

Old Oct 17, 18, 10:27 am

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by Renes Points View Post
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...ge.html/#works

Frequently Asked Questions
What flights can I earn MQMs, MQSs or MQDs on for this challenge?
MQMs, MQSs and MQDs earned on Delta- and Delta Connection-operated flights will count towards this challenge. MQMs, MQSs and MQDs may also be earned on partner airline flights that are eligible to earn MQMs, MQSs and MQDs. Visit Airline Partners to learn more about what flights qualify.

Thus make sure if an AM flight it is a flight that does qualify for points etc.

Thank you, René

Search this Thread
Search Engine: