Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Booking Aerolinas Argentina using DL miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2018, 12:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA

I am trying to book FTE-USH on Aerolinas using Delta miles for 11/27. Cash ticket is over $300. I'd rather not pay that for 1-hour flight and I have some DL miles that I hardly ever use.

DL site doesn't find anything for the segment. Neither does ExpertFlyer (presumably bc of my free account?). What are my options? Cold call delta reservations?
Old Jul 10, 2018, 1:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Please follow the redirect as we send this to the DL forum, as you're looking at using DL miles for the flight.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Jul 10, 2018, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
No award space on 27th or 28th. The 26th or 29th there's space on AR1820 departing at 1620.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 3:11 am

Also check if rt is cheaper.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA
Thanks! I ended up booking a revenue ticket for the date I wanted but not the time (16:00 instead of 9 AM)
Old Jul 15, 2018, 9:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If a partner hasn't released "low" award inventory to DL, there isn't much that can be done beyond constantly checking (unless a service like EF will search and send an alert for the inventory class you need).
Old May 23, 2021, 10:45 am

Hi folks, I'm finding that FlyingBlue is showing availability on Aerolinas Argentinas but not SkyMiles. Is anyone aware of any bugs that may keep delta.com from showing AR availability? Like the original poster, I'm planning a trip that would involve domestic travel in Argentina and the tickets are quite expensive. I think it would actually be cheaper to book with FlyingBlue (not that you can tell until booking as neither program has award charts), but I have ~75K SkyMiles in my account that I'd rather burn given DL's record of devaluing SkyMiles several times a year.
Old May 23, 2021, 11:09 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTraveler
Hi folks, I'm finding that FlyingBlue is showing availability on Aerolinas Argentinas but not SkyMiles. Is anyone aware of any bugs that may keep delta.com from showing AR availability? Like the original poster, I'm planning a trip that would involve domestic travel in Argentina and the tickets are quite expensive. I think it would actually be cheaper to book with FlyingBlue (not that you can tell until booking as neither program has award charts), but I have ~75K SkyMiles in my account that I'd rather burn given DL's record of devaluing SkyMiles several times a year.
Are you trying to book the AR award ticket on the DL website or have you called DL?
Old May 23, 2021, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Are you trying to book the AR award ticket on the DL website or have you called DL?
I tried to book online.
Old May 23, 2021, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by ArlingtonTraveler
I tried to book online.
Call. Often partner availability doesn't show (or permit booking) on delta.dumb and some partner award space might not yet be viewable online.

When you call, give the DL agent the exact flight numbers and dates that you can see as available using other resources. Don't just ask an open-ended question.
Old May 24, 2021, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Call. Often partner availability doesn't show (or permit booking) on delta.dumb and some partner award space might not yet be viewable online.

When you call, give the DL agent the exact flight numbers and dates that you can see as available using other resources. Don't just ask an open-ended question.
Very true especially on AM and AR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.