Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Moving From Y to C+ on a Flying Blue Award Ticket DL JFK-LHR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2018, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Hello. I redeemed a Flying Blue award ticket (29k + $10) CMH-JFK-LHR on Delta in Y. Historically I have been able to purchase a preferred or Comfort+ seat through DL.com after the ticket has been issued.

I am not getting a prompt to upgrade to on DL.com and when I called customer service they seemed to think it was odd and sent me to the manual reissue desk. The manual reissue desk said that the paid up-sell can only be done on Delta issued tickets. Which is odd since I have done exact scenario before.

Redeeming miles for C+ is not an available option when searching for award tickets via AF (not that it would be a good redemption rate even if it was there).

Is anyone aware of a change in policy or should I HUCA?
Old Jul 9, 2018, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The agent was correct. C+ is a separate fare class now on TATL routes (just like other routes) and not just an add-on purchase option. The only reason it used to work was because TATL routes were the last to transition to a separate fare class for C+ as DL needed to migrate partner premium economy booking class from W to P/A/G classes (to free up W for C+).

For example, if booking awards with DL Skymiles, you need to specifically book a C+ award to get a C+ seat due to the fact that it is a separate class and award category. You can't upgrade to C+ after award purchase other than by paying change fee and booking as a C+ award (other than DL Medallion complimentary upgrades). It's possible at times for the DL website to offer upgrades for sale on DL awards, but agents cannot sell C+ upgrades from a coach award whether on DL, Flying Blue, or other program award redemptions. It's just not possible.

Last edited by xliioper; Jul 9, 2018 at 9:23 pm
Old Jul 9, 2018, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.