Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Delta Web Interface Doesn't Believe Customers Know Airport Codes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Delta Web Interface Doesn't Believe Customers Know Airport Codes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2018, 2:55 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by ecaarch
I think that the new site LOOKS pretty nice. Functionality is another thing.

The old site allowed me to filter my search results by connecting airport. That's gone now.
no, it's not.

Old Jul 10, 2018, 3:06 pm

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Seriously folks? I'ts not that big of a deal, you'll live.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 4:17 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
On the contrary, they seem to believe we only know airport codes:

I love how for anyone residing in Seattle, the geolocation finds the technically closer Boeing Field - an airport with minimal passenger facilities that Delta doesn't serve - and helpfully identifies the city and state as "null, null". Classy experience for a major hub market...

(I kid, but by and large, I do like the new design, and find it functionally very similar to the old one. My main complaint is actually that it's hard to get to the My Wallet account details section now, but I assume that part of the site will be reworked/improved in a future phase.)
Old Jul 10, 2018, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by BenA
On the contrary, they seem to believe we only know airport codes:

I love how for anyone residing in Seattle, the geolocation finds the technically closer Boeing Field - an airport with minimal passenger facilities that Delta doesn't serve - and helpfully identifies the city and state as "null, null". Classy experience for a major hub market...

(I kid, but by and large, I do like the new design, and find it functionally very similar to the old one. My main complaint is actually that it's hard to get to the My Wallet account details section now, but I assume that part of the site will be reworked/improved in a future phase.)
Yes I frequently run into this as well - I notice it auto-populates with BFI if I'm at home or have my work computer connected to the wifi in the building here actually at BFI. We do see DL charters here for the sports team coming in to BFI to play the Mariners or Seahawks at least. When I've been in Michigan visiting family, I've had it default to "PTK" (Pontiac/Oakland County Int'l). I get defaulting but as you note, one would think it would default to the nearest airport with DL service, not just the nearest airport.

As a side note, through this feature, I've been able to tell what Air Force base our government network is running through. I've seen it default to "ABQ" before, telling me my network is going through Kirtland AFB and I've seen "MGM" before, telling me it's going through Maxwell AFB.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 5:22 pm

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Delta Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist
this is just one of many complaints I have on the new website. I hate the new design. The 'dropdown' keeps closing as I move my mouse. One of the most idiotic 'upgrades' to a website I've seen in a while.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 7:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Yes I frequently run into this as well - I notice it auto-populates with BFI if I'm at home or have my work computer connected to the wifi in the building here actually at BFI. We do see DL charters here for the sports team coming in to BFI to play the Mariners or Seahawks at least. When I've been in Michigan visiting family, I've had it default to "PTK" (Pontiac/Oakland County Int'l). I get defaulting but as you note, one would think it would default to the nearest airport with DL service, not just the nearest airport.

As a side note, through this feature, I've been able to tell what Air Force base our government network is running through. I've seen it default to "ABQ" before, telling me my network is going through Kirtland AFB and I've seen "MGM" before, telling me it's going through Maxwell AFB.
I was over in St. Petersburg, FL last week and I noticed it would auto generate PIE on the main page as my location. I live right next to MCO, but I wonder if I ever visit DL.com up near Sanford, if SFB will auto generate on the home page.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I thought I did something, like maybe checking flight status once a long time ago, to make it think I was is Duluth. My address is Minneapolis, which is north of MSP by about ten miles, and south of Duluth by about 150 miles. Even Rochester (MN) would be closer than Duluth.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I thought I did something, like maybe checking flight status once a long time ago, to make it think I was is Duluth. My address is Minneapolis, which is north of MSP by about ten miles, and south of Duluth by about 150 miles. Even Rochester (MN) would be closer than Duluth.
Haha, didn't even know Duluth had an airport.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cestmoi123
Works fine for me. LGA. Enter. Tab. ORD. Enter. Tab. Tab. O/R. Only thing I need the mouse for is to select the dates.
That's an extra motion. Prior version is the same but without having to hit enter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.