Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Any way to FORCE old Delta .com page to work?

Any way to FORCE old Delta .com page to work?

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 1, 20, 2:44 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: xliioper
Wiki Link
Can't get old website any more. But you can still get old fare search (for now) at the following link -- https://www.delta.com/flight-search/search-results
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 2, 18, 11:10 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Angry Any way to FORCE old Delta .com page to work?

Is there ANY way to make the old fast and working home page to come up and not the cartoon slow and horrid page to appear?

I thank you SO much if any fantastic FTer can help me find a way! :-:
globecircler likes this.

Last edited by Renes Points; Jul 3, 18 at 7:51 am Reason: removed snark...
Old Jul 2, 18, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, AA LT PLT 2mm
Try changing countries at the bottom of the page. I switched to Australia and the old home page popped up.
Pretty much any country (other than the US) gets the old page.
Renes Points likes this.
Old Jul 3, 18, 3:22 am

Programs: VA-PLT, DL-GM, QF-GLD, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Australia is still getting the old page...
Renes Points likes this.
Old Jul 3, 18, 5:42 am

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by Renes Points View Post
But for the rest of us that use Delta.com each day...
Oddly enough however, those of us who actually use it everyday because we actually fly rather than just using to it post b&m sessions do not have a lot of issues with the page. Maybe it is time for some folks to switch airlines if this is what upsets them sooooo much.
jamiestr likes this.
Old Jul 3, 18, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbant, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by longing4piedmont View Post
Oddly enough however, those of us who actually use it everyday because we actually fly rather than just using to it post b&m sessions do not have a lot of issues with the page. Maybe it is time for some folks to switch airlines if this is what upsets them sooooo much.
Says the guy yearning for a long defunct airline...
Renes Points and Weekend Away like this.
Old Jul 3, 18, 7:14 am

I would be more inclined to help and feel sorry if you didn't start out trash talking.

Good Luck, but with an attitude of "shoot people before they do anything" I doubt much is going to make you happy!
Old Jul 3, 18, 7:27 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SFO777 View Post
Try changing countries at the bottom of the page. I switched to Australia and the old home page popped up.
Pretty much any country (other than the US) gets the old page.
Originally Posted by CPMaverick View Post
Australia is still getting the old page...
Outstanding and thank you!^
Old Jul 3, 18, 7:52 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter View Post
I would be more inclined to help and feel sorry if you didn't start out trash talking.

Good Luck, but with an attitude of "shoot people before they do anything" I doubt much is going to make you happy!
Fair enough. Removed. Any yet you made my point.

As to the fix above, sad to say I have to do it every time I visit. Log out and it reverts back to new page.
Old Jul 3, 18, 10:49 am

Programs: Skymiles GM
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter View Post

Preach. The site is here to stay, and it's way better than the old. Why B&M about everything Delta does, especially when it is a clear improvement to the site meant to make it more appealing and accessible to everyone (it's responsive, so they are clearly retiring m.delta.com)?
Old Jul 3, 18, 12:05 pm

Programs: SkyTean, Star Alliance, HHonors
I'm curious what hardware and browser you're using after seeing this. I didn't notice anything when they switched, aside from the new look.

I just did some performance testing and only saw a difference ranging from 84 to 235 ms in load time between old and new over the course of a few test runs, using Firefox and Chrome on Win7, between the new version and the old (accessed via the Australia trick mentioned by SFO777)
Old Jul 3, 18, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, AA LT PLT 2mm
Originally Posted by smc333 View Post
I'm curious what hardware and browser you're using after seeing this. I didn't notice anything when they switched, aside from the new look.
OP was probably using government-subsidized-DL-cheerleader hardware and the DL-can-do-no-wrong-and-the-ME3-are-evil-pigs browser.
Old Jul 4, 18, 5:46 am

Programs: Delta
I have the search page bookmarked https://www.delta.com/flight-search/book-a-flight . At least with that page, its not so cartoonish looking. Plus the date selection part is still split into two distinct parts.
Old Jul 4, 18, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by jamiestr View Post
Preach. The site is here to stay, and it's way better than the old. Why B&M about everything Delta does, especially when it is a clear improvement to the site meant to make it more appealing and accessible to everyone (it's responsive, so they are clearly retiring m.delta.com)?
Ooh responsive interface would be a huge win. I use mobile browser a fair bit to do SDCs and stuff and am always annoyed at having to load the mobile site then click "full html" and then pinch/zoom around.
Old Jul 4, 18, 7:39 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Vegas Vegan View Post
I have the search page bookmarked https://www.delta.com/flight-search/book-a-flight . At least with that page, its not so cartoonish looking. Plus the date selection part is still split into two distinct parts.
I did the same with a bitly link ie bit.ly/olddelta as simpler to remember
Old Jul 4, 18, 7:50 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
If you have a semi-modern browser and you actually use the advanced search a lot your navigation bar should remember, there's really no need for a bookmark.

I basically only use that page if I'm doing a multi-city trip (which is not very often) and I typed "book" and it came right up.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: