Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Any way to FORCE old Delta .com page to work?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2018, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Can't get old website any more. But you can still get old fare search (for now) at the following link -- https://www.delta.com/flight-search/search-results
Print Wikipost

Any way to FORCE old Delta .com page to work?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2018, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Vegas Vegan
I have the search page bookmarked https://www.delta.com/flight-search/book-a-flight . At least with that page, its not so cartoonish looking. Plus the date selection part is still split into two distinct parts.
Cartoonish seems to be the new thing. Just look at the new colors on the FT mobile skin.
angra and Renes Points like this.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 12:29 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by gooselee
Ooh responsive interface would be a huge win. I use mobile browser a fair bit to do SDCs and stuff and am always annoyed at having to load the mobile site then click "full html" and then pinch/zoom around.
I bookmarked the "full html" link a long time ago to save a step @:-)

https://www.delta.com/index.jsp?stop...type=mobileweb
SFO777 and gooselee like this.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 6:49 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by Zorak

Flat-Out-Perfect. Thank you!
SFO777 likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 9:48 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler

Using this today the HOME PAGE is just blank white. Other Delta pages work but home page nothing. Just me?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
Oddly enough however, those of us who actually use it everyday because we actually fly rather than just using to it post b&m sessions do not have a lot of issues with the page. Maybe it is time for some folks to switch airlines if this is what upsets them sooooo much.
Sounds like a B&M post... but, I'm not here enough to have such liberty as to point that out so my apology
Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:52 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
I haven't seen the new website on my computer yet... Perhaps changing the location to Europe on your main page should work.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 4:02 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Renes Points
Using this today the HOME PAGE is just blank white. Other Delta pages work but home page nothing. Just me?
Still works on my smartphone FWIW. But could be cookie/location dependent etc just like the site rollout.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I simply site my VPN in Canada or Australia when I know that I am going to use dl.com. That new site comes on for a few seconds but then it just defaults to the old one.

I don't know if that will work if you have not set your browser to clear all history, cookies, and caches each time you sign off but I don't imagine that should make much of a difference.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Still works on my smartphone FWIW. But could be cookie/location dependent etc just like the site rollout.
Works on my phone but not my laptop. Laptop redirects to just www.delta.com and gives a blank screen.

Originally Posted by SDQBound
I haven't seen the new website on my computer yet... Perhaps changing the location to Europe on your main page should work.
I am currently in the UK. Loading the page gives me the new interface but has me identified as US, likely due to cookies. When I switch at the bottom to UK, I go back to the old page.

Eventually we're all going to have to migrate to the new page, though, so unless I'm in a massive rush (read: trying to SDC), I've started using the new site to try to get used to it.
Renes Points likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 1:55 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
The app now sends me to the new site when trying to switch to a new flight due to a delay. It's a big mess as the page to search for a new flight is full size and doesn't scale down to the iPhone screen.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gooselee
...I am currently in the UK. Loading the page gives me the new interface but has me identified as US, likely due to cookies. When I switch at the bottom to UK, I go back to the old page....
I let the cookies stay and as a result, the site identified me as USA even thou I had the VPN set to Toronto. If you allow the cookies, you see the new site.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 10:09 am

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
I had bookmarked the old webpage and it worked flawlessly until - I guess - a few days ago.
Any workaround still left ?
Old Jan 17, 2020, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I'm not a fan of the 'new' website either. I can tolerate the itinerary list and the main pages, but I always revert to the old style search results that are in my opinion easier to read and don't have so much wasted space.

The current website design has an excessive amount of white/empty/blank/wasted space and large font that it is difficult to actually scroll and find what you really want. Unfortunately, this seems to be the new norm with website design... have frames/tiles with lots of pictures spread out and a lot of clicks/tabs/nagivation.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 10:53 am

I also had a workaround until yesterday when my workaround forwarded to the new awful site. I can now revert back to the old site on my desktop but not on my iPhone. The old substitution of 1 instead of 2 no longer works.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 5:40 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Life Plat, HHonors DM
Yeah, my old bookmarks aren't working either. Bummer!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.