Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Loud Children In Delta Sky Club

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2018, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Loud Children In Delta Sky Club

Sitting here in ATL Concourse F International Delta Sky Club waiting for an international flight and cannot believe how loud and rambunctious these many young children are in here. It sounds and feels like a daycare. Don’t the parents have any common courtesy for their fellow adult travelers?
Old Jul 2, 2018, 3:53 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Sitting here in ATL Concourse F International Delta Sky Club waiting for an international flight and cannot believe how loud and rambunctious these many young children are in here. It sounds and feels like a daycare. Don’t the parents have any common courtesy for their fellow adult travelers?
Sign of the times. I've learned to really appreciate well-behaved children these days. It's a relative rarity, and a sign of good parentage.

Sadly, DL employees are probably instructed to not interfere in such matters, as it's a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" matter.
strickerj likes this.

Last edited by TheHorta; Jul 2, 2018 at 4:07 pm
Old Jul 2, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
No. Same as some (sometimes, many) of the adults in place, who are loud, obnoxious, sometimes use foul language, etc.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 3:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Instead of moaning on FT, which won't resolve the problem, why not go to the front desk and tell the in-charge that this behaviour is (rightly!) unacceptable.
GB, flyerCO, CPMaverick and 7 others like this.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 4:06 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
I’ve found that a polite “pardon me, would you mind keeping your voices down? The sound is carrying throughout the club and it’s being pretty disruptive” works to shame all but the worst offenders. Most people are so shocked to have been called out that they immediately correct their (or their companions’) disruptive behavior with minimal controversy.

I’ve also been known to politely offer a spare sealed pair of Billboard onboard earbuds to folks watching videos with audible sound coming from their speakers. I was pleased to see a sign in one club recently that Delta is now actually offering headsets at the front desk for loan if you forgot yours - would be great if that’s rolled out systemwide as it means there will always be an available option to address devices making noise, too.

Most people want to do the right thing and are simply oblivious of the fact that the world contains other people...
Old Jul 2, 2018, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

People who are sometimes DYKWIA who insist on using their speakerphone for a work or personal conversation can be more annoying than young children.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 4:22 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
I do wish there was a kid section that's closed off in some of the hub airports. Or even converting one of the smaller lounges into family only areas
jamesteroh and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 4:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
So what is the complaint?!
Old Jul 2, 2018, 4:39 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
#Skydumps #Adultdaycarecenters #Wouldhavetopaymetogoin
emrdoc and Caribgrl like this.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 4:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
People who are sometimes DYKWIA who insist on using their speakerphone for a work or personal conversation can be more annoying than young children.
At the MSP SC last month, there was some guy yelling into his cell phone and it seemed like every sentence was about a million dollars. I was tempted to ask him if that was all.....
Old Jul 2, 2018, 4:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
At the MSP SC last month, there was some guy yelling into his cell phone and it seemed like every sentence was about a million dollars. I was tempted to ask him if that was all.....
Yes, you should have said "a million? Sorry to hear business is doing so poorly".
Old Jul 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
And yes, a club just for families is a great idea. Perhaps one of the clubs on D in ATL could be used for that. I would gladly pay more for a child free experience.

Last edited by readywhenyouare; Jul 2, 2018 at 5:12 pm
Old Jul 2, 2018, 4:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
I do wish there was a kid section that's closed off in some of the hub airports. Or even converting one of the smaller lounges into family only areas
However, I've been in airport lounges where there is a wonderful kids' room but it's empty, with all the kids running around and screaming in the main part of the lounge. Having a dedicated space is step one, but then someone must convince/force parents to actually use it.
TommyD2 and tentseller like this.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 5:04 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
steveholt and smc333 like this.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Children exist. It's a good thing, too, as they need to grow into productive adults to pay the Social Security and Medicare taxes to provide benefits for grumpy old people living in Florida.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.