Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Loud Children In Delta Sky Club

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2018, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
OP what did you say to the lounge agent?

Complaining on FT isn't going to make the kids pipe down.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 7:55 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
ATOBTTR likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by BenA
I’ve found that a polite “pardon me, would you mind keeping your voices down? The sound is carrying throughout the club and it’s being pretty disruptive” works to shame all but the worst offenders. Most people are so shocked to have been called out that they immediately correct their (or their companions’) disruptive behavior with minimal controversy...
Minimal controversy would be to exclude anyone under the age of 21 from entering the lounge, and for those who are 18-21, forbid the sales of SkyClub passes until their 21st birthday.

I really don't care if someone gets offended by my comments here... An airport lounge shouldn't be a place for kids, or better yet, for people who cannot legally consume the alcohol that's served there. One of the perks of the lounge is that it's a quiet place away from the noisy passenger gates... Having kids in the lounge defeats the purpose.

Originally Posted by thibderoc
And I say that as a dad who consider there is no reason to forbid a child to enjoy lounges, forward cabin and so on just because he/she is a child.
Other than the fact that alcohol is served there, and others who do not have/want to deal with kids. I'm 27 and have no kids... If I'm paying $450 a year or more for a lounge, I don't want kids running around.
enviroian and MSPeconomist like this.

Last edited by mikesyr18; Jul 3, 2018 at 8:54 am
Old Jul 3, 2018, 8:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Exactly....and it doesn't matter whether the bad behavior is the fault of the kids or their parents as it affects everyone else just the same.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikesyr18
I really don't care if someone gets offended by my comments here... An airport lounge shouldn't be a place for kids
It's not about being offended. That's simply your opinion and nothing more.

...and others who do not have/want to deal with kids. I'm 27 and have no kids... If I'm paying $450 a year or more for a lounge, I don't want kids running around.
Why is your $450 more worthy of another member's $XXX for the family membership (or whatever they pay to get in )? You're entitled to your opinion, but it's very self-centered.

The noise and distraction can come from anyone. Singling out a group based on age is arguably discriminatory. If you want to have a problem, have a problem with the behavior not the person. @:-)
Old Jul 3, 2018, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by ijgordon
have a problem with the behavior not the person
but really, is there a difference?
Old Jul 3, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by ijgordon
It's not about being offended. That's simply your opinion and nothing more...
The noise and distraction can come from anyone. Singling out a group based on age is arguably discriminatory. If you want to have a problem, have a problem with the behavior not the person. @:-)
Sure, do you take your kids to the bar? Do you know there's such thing as adults only resorts?

The same can be said for lounges.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 9:15 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
An airport lounge shouldn't be a place for kids, or better yet, for people who cannot legally consume the alcohol that's served there.
This may come as a shock (you might want to sit down before reading further), but there are literally millions of places that both serve alcohol AND allow kids. It's not some insurmountable obstale, it's just you grasping for something to prop up your opinion. Nobody is going to be like "ohhhh I didn't think of that before, yeah, now I'm against kids in the skyclub too!"
Old Jul 3, 2018, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by enviroian
but really, is there a difference?
Shirley you can't be serious.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 9:17 am
pvn
Suspended

Sure, do you take your kids to the bar? Do you know there's such thing as adults only resorts?

The same can be said for lounges.
I mean, you see how this "argument" doesn't move the discussion forward at all, right? Yes, there can be adults-only lounges. Sky Clubs aren't adults only, though. The fact that other lounges could be adults-only isn't going to convince anyone that Sky Clubs in particular should be adults only.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by pvn
... there can be adults-only lounges. Sky Clubs aren't adults only, though. The fact that other lounges could be adults-only isn't going to convince anyone that Sky Clubs in particular should be adults only.
Right, but my reply was based on the fact that the poster said it's discrimination to not allow kids in certain places. There would be no discrimination if Delta did decide to implement such a policy.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 9:34 am
pvn
Suspended

I'm talking about your overall position, though. There's absolutely zero reason that sky clubs *should* be adults only. It's just what you want. All of the stuff you wrapped around it doesn't move the needle in either direction.
jetsfan92588 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by pvn
I'm talking about your overall position, though. There's absolutely zero reason that sky clubs *should* be adults only. It's just what you want. ...
Now wait a minute here. If kids are loud and annoying... Why shouldn't a $450+ club be only for adults?

Wouldn't it be more reasonable to protect the members who don't want to deal with kids? When people bring their kids to an expensive airline club, they're basically forcing the kids onto other people.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 10:19 am
pvn
Suspended

I spend a lot more than $450 for most of my tickets, and ... kids are allowed on the planes.

IDK what to tell you dude, it's not some sort of self-evident universal opinion like you seem to think it is. Lots of people think it's completely reasonable to allow kids into the club.

FWIW, I have kids but I've never brought them into the club with me.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 10:29 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Caesars Diamond, K Fund
Now wait a minute here. If kids are loud and annoying... Why shouldn't a $450+ club be only for adults?

Wouldn't it be more reasonable to protect the members who don't want to deal with kids? When people bring their kids to an expensive airline club, they're basically forcing the kids onto other people.
29 With no kids.

If we are talking about forcing, can we extend this to fat people who wear skin tight clothing? I don't want that forced on me in the SkyClub. I also don't want Jim/Jill who is on his conference call to be forced on me.

As a reasonable solution, I was at the Centurion in DFW last week with a co worker and we used the meeting room to take our conference call. The kids room was being used by families. There are some SkyClubs that have room for these additions, DL should look into this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.