Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

ex-AMS DoD upgrades on DL Metal (need definitive thread?)

ex-AMS DoD upgrades on DL Metal (need definitive thread?)

Old Aug 8, 18, 1:37 pm

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by btonkid12345 View Post
Thank you. I get the cash part...but can you provide more details specifically on GUC from Paris to US?

This is good on AF metal? If so, who at CDG (lounge, ticket counter, etc) can process the upgrade? Is it like requesting it on KLM where you just have the GUC details available for them? Does it clear into any open J seat from Y, or must you be in PE and a certain fare class available?
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
Only one cabin upgrade on AF metal for GUC. Thus Y-W, and W-J, but not Y-J. AF lounge is where I process them, but am willing to bet ticketing counter can do it also.
Can you do a DoD ex-CDG on DL metal? If so, similar rates to ex-AMS?
Old Aug 24, 18, 7:09 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Successful DoD upgrade today at AMS. Booked into V, which was upgraded beforehand into Comfort+ (S). Agent at T4 desk was able to upgrade me into D1 for 35k Miles. She had to call the gate for permission to do it, as by the time I got to see her, we were an hour from departure.
Old Aug 24, 18, 8:02 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by sannmann View Post
Successful DoD upgrade today at AMS. Booked into V, which was upgraded beforehand into Comfort+ (S). Agent at T4 desk was able to upgrade me into D1 for 35k Miles. She had to call the gate for permission to do it, as by the time I got to see her, we were an hour from departure.
Nice! Was there no copay because they thought you were in C+ even though it likely was SU, a comp C+ upgrade?
Old Aug 24, 18, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by btonkid12345 View Post
Nice! Was there no copay because they thought you were in C+ even though it likely was SU, a comp C+ upgrade?
No copay charged. Not sure why, if it was because the agent took pity upon the fact it took nearly a half hour to process or something else. Pretty certain she knew I was on a V ticket.
Old Aug 24, 18, 9:23 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by sannmann View Post

No copay charged. Not sure why, if it was because the agent took pity upon the fact it took nearly a half hour to process or something else. Pretty certain she knew I was on a V ticket.
If coach is oversold they will not charge the co-pay and only take the miles. Happened to me earlier this year.
Old Aug 24, 18, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by TetonSig View Post

If coach is oversold they will not charge the co-pay and only take the miles. Happened to me earlier this year.
Iím not convinced the flight was even oversold, however.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: