FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   PS in 757-200 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1917205-ps-757-200-a.html)

jaimemayo Jun 29, 2018 3:31 pm

PS in 757-200

Hi, has anyone flown one if these routes yet? I am flying JKF-PDL next week and wonder what the premium select experience will be like. I know it won’t be the same as in the 350 but am wondering nonetheless if it will be a good experience. Thank you!

AANYC1981 Jun 29, 2018 3:45 pm

My guess: welcome PDB of OJ/Bubbles, one tray service for the main meal all served on Alessi (multiple drink refills if awake).....continental breakfast box or something before landing.....do report back though!

Duke787 Jun 29, 2018 6:17 pm

I would think that it'll be similar to a TCON domestic F flight (like RDU - SEA).

MCO Flyer Jun 29, 2018 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by Duke787 (Post 29921983)
I would think that it'll be similar to a TCON domestic F flight (like RDU - SEA).

Here is the comparison of PS between the 757 and A350. I would assume that it would be a standard PS meal found on the A350 routes.
https://pro.delta.com/content/agency...ntic-rout.html.

GoAmtrak Jun 29, 2018 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer (Post 29922167)
Here is the comparison of PS between the 757 and A350. I would assume that it would be a standard PS meal found on the A350 routes.
https://pro.delta.com/content/agency...ntic-rout.html.

I feel like the seat widths are transposed.

NOLAnwGOLD Jun 29, 2018 11:43 pm

My understanding is that they are using the domestic configured airplanes for these leisure routes internationally (eg MSP-Iceland, JFK-Azores). So the seat is wide but not great on the legroom. I assume service will be like domestic first class as well, similar to PS on the other airplanes.

jaimemayo Jun 30, 2018 8:02 am

The configuration is certainly like domestic F. Five rows of PS with two seats on each side of the aisle. You don’t get noise-canceling headphones on the 757; you get Billboard earbuds like in domestic F. Still, I am hoping for a little more special experience. And I think the price is good for $1200. All domestic flights are in F. I paid $800 in March to go MKE-MSP-PHX in Y.

jdrtravel Jun 30, 2018 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by GoAmtrak (Post 29922301)

I feel like the seat widths are transposed.

Yes, they are swapped, hopefully someone fixes that mistake.

I would expect the meal service to the of the same standard as the A350 service, which seems to be slighter better than domestic F based on the reports so far. Note that on the A350 both main meals are served on Alessi china, the pre-arrival is not served in a box. The mid-flight snack is boxed, but I would not expect a hot mid-flight snack service on a route of this length, probably a snack basket if anything.

jamiestr Jul 1, 2018 6:03 am

Didn’t do JFK—PDL in PS (just C+), but the lack of a hot meal was notable. I don’t think these non-D1 75s have ovens.

flyerCO Jul 1, 2018 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by jamiestr (Post 29925530)
Didn’t do JFK—PDL in PS (just C+), but the lack of a hot meal was notable. I don’t think these non-D1 75s have ovens.

All 757 should have ovens unless something changed.

KDCAflyer Jul 1, 2018 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 29926529)
All 757 should have ovens unless something changed.

They have ovens in FC, but not economy.

IMO DL needs to reinstall ovens in the rear galley if they're going to use domestic 757s on TATL flights. It's not a competitive product otherwise.

MCO Flyer Jul 1, 2018 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by WWads (Post 29926587)
IMO DL needs to reinstall ovens in the rear galley if they're going to use domestic 757s on TATL flights. It's not a competitive product otherwise.

Last time I checked, DL dosen’t have any competition on JFK-PDL and very little on JFK-KEF/SNN, so why would they? They have already shown they don’t care by removing D1 from these routes.

jaimemayo Jul 12, 2018 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by AANYC1981 (Post 29921580)
My guess: welcome PDB of OJ/Bubbles, one tray service for the main meal all served on Alessi (multiple drink refills if awake).....continental breakfast box or something before landing.....do report back though!

I am back. JFK-PDL offered welcome drinks, choice of mimosa, OJ or sparkling wine. Yes, there was a one-tray service all served on Alessi. Choices of dinner were chicken or pasta. Both were very good. The dedicated flight attendant was very attentive and had no problem filling drinks multiple times if requested. What surprised me is there was no breakfast; not even a breakfast box. The snack basket was offered for "breakfast" so I took a banana. Coffee was served too. What also surprised me was that we got a Delta One amenity kit; not a "lite" kit that DL had been advertising on its website.
Coming back PDL-JFK there were also welcome drinks and breakfast, everything served on one tray on Alessi. Choice of eggs or pineapple crepes (I had the crepes and was not impressed). Again, a very attentive dedicated flight attendance who filled drinks multiple times and came around with the snack basket several times. Again, we got a Delta One amenity kit.
There was a blanket, by Westin, I think. The pillow was larger than economy but not as big as the one you get in Delta One. More like somewhere in between.
It was a five-hour flight to PDL and 5.5 hour flight to JFK. It was a very pleasant experience. Seats were identical to domestic F which I was expecting.

jdrtravel Jul 12, 2018 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by jaimemayo (Post 29967272)
I am back. JFK-PDL offered welcome drinks, choice of mimosa, OJ or sparkling wine. Yes, there was a one-tray service all served on Alessi. Choices of dinner were chicken or pasta. Both were very good. The dedicated flight attendant was very attentive and had no problem filling drinks multiple times if requested. What surprised me is there was no breakfast; not even a breakfast box. The snack basket was offered for "breakfast" so I took a banana. Coffee was served too. What also surprised me was that we got a Delta One amenity kit; not a "lite" kit that DL had been advertising on its website.
Coming back PDL-JFK there were also welcome drinks and breakfast, everything served on one tray on Alessi. Choice of eggs or pineapple crepes (I had the crepes and was not impressed). Again, a very attentive dedicated flight attendance who filled drinks multiple times and came around with the snack basket several times. Again, we got a Delta One amenity kit.
There was a blanket, by Westin, I think. The pillow was larger than economy but not as big as the one you get in Delta One. More like somewhere in between.
It was a five-hour flight to PDL and 5.5 hour flight to JFK. It was a very pleasant experience. Seats were identical to domestic F which I was expecting.

Were glass or plastic cups used? There was a report in another thread that PS is switching to plastic which I hope is not true.

jaimemayo Jul 12, 2018 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by jdrtravel (Post 29967280)
Were glass or plastic cups used? There was a report in another thread that PS is switching to plastic which I hope is not true.

Plastic was used for the Welcome drinks. Glass for the other drinks.