Search

What Is Up With ATL Lately?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2018, 9:32 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
What Is Up With ATL Lately?

What is up with ATL lately? Last few months it seems like any time you arrive at ATL there is no ground crew to meet the flight, no gate agent to move the jet bridge, etc.

this week was was the best when you arrive on a very delayed flight to find they are completely out of gates so you sit on the plane another 60 + minutes while operations figures out the mistake that they forgot planes were still in the air.

is anybody experiencing this? Is there some sort of labor dispute and this is some sort of work slow down?

all other DL destinations even with delays etc have been great you arrive and park immidiately and deplane. Seems like it’s all ATL where the problems are ....
Old Jun 28, 2018, 9:43 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
The delays and problems my family has encountered in May and June have been the result of the usual summer thunderstorm issues that cascaded long enough to still have impacts after the sun has come out.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 9:45 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beachmouse
The delays and problems my family has encountered in May and June have been the result of the usual summer thunderstorm issues that cascaded long enough to still have impacts after the sun has come out.
fair enough but when you arrive due to the delays after midnight and operations knows you’re still in the air you’d think they would have ground ops push a plane out of a gate that is sitting over night. It wasn’t like it was some surprise guest that appeared...
Old Jun 28, 2018, 9:54 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Plus I have noticed this has been trending in the wrong direction since March/April so the summer storm season is not really an excuse.... (these same issues time and time again)
Old Jun 28, 2018, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Your bad luck or imagination. I have been there more than a dozen times in the last few months and never even waited on those things even when we were early, which was at least 80% of them.
calrick likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 10:08 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by vincentharris
Plus I have noticed this has been trending in the wrong direction since March/April so the summer storm season is not really an excuse.... (these same issues time and time again)
How many flights have you flown to/from Atlanta since March/April? There are 1,000 DL flights out of Atlanta every day. That's more than 100,000 flights since March. Do you think you've flown enough flights to see a meaningful trend?
Old Jun 28, 2018, 10:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Delta used to be really good in ATL. I remember in 2007 there were some really nasty storms and we got diverted to HSV. When we made it to ATL we were greeted by an agent in plain clothes. Lots of agents had come back in to work to help out. Those days are long gone.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 10:44 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
I recently had a flight where we landed on time and sat on the tarmac for 50 minutes. The pilot came on the PA and said they were "radioing the tower and no one was responding so they couldn't get anyone to move our jetbridge."

I kid you not, we sat there and the pilot BLINKED THE HEADLIGHTS repeatedly for about 3 minute intervals before we finally got moving. The pilot apologized profusely but it was clearly ground crew that messed up.

No thunderstorms, no delays, just a late-evening arrival (after 10 PM)
Old Jun 28, 2018, 10:54 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Delta recovery at ATL can be a joke.
One round of thunderstorms and it is utter chaos.
2448 landed 3 hours late and then we waited for a gate for almost an hour.
Got the pleasure of watching my ORD connection leave that if we didn’t wait on the tarmac would have easily made.

The lines for customer service at 1am were insane.

Last edited by apodo77; Jun 29, 2018 at 10:28 am
Old Jun 29, 2018, 7:44 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
I recently had a flight where we landed on time and sat on the tarmac for 50 minutes. The pilot came on the PA and said they were "radioing the tower and no one was responding so they couldn't get anyone to move our jetbridge."

I kid you not, we sat there and the pilot BLINKED THE HEADLIGHTS repeatedly for about 3 minute intervals before we finally got moving. The pilot apologized profusely but it was clearly ground crew that messed up.

No thunderstorms, no delays, just a late-evening arrival (after 10 PM)
Mandatory all call bathroom break in ops?
Pianoman109876 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 8:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by apodo77
Delta recovery at ATL can be a joke.
One round of thunderstorms and it is utter chaos.
2448 landed 3 hours late and then we waited for a gate for almost an hour.
Got the pleasure of watching my ORD connection leave that if we didn’t wait on the tarmac would have easily made.

The lives for customer service at 1am weee insane.
Have you seen UA/AA's recovery at ORD when the .... hits the fan? DL is just fine.
indufan likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, , Delta 2MM & DM UA Gold
I get the weather issues -- they happen in Atlanta. My issue is when we hear, we cannot find a cleaning crew, and you wait 45 minutes for a crew to show up to clean the cabin.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 10:01 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fred 3
I get the weather issues -- they happen in Atlanta. My issue is when we hear, we cannot find a cleaning crew, and you wait 45 minutes for a crew to show up to clean the cabin.
That or "we cant find a ground crew to get us the last 10 feet into the gate" or "we cant find the gate agent to drive the jetbridge"
Old Jun 29, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by WWads
Have you seen UA/AA's recovery at ORD when the .... hits the fan? DL is just fine.
Just because UA/AA suck at ORD also doesn’t mean DL’s recovery at ATL are just fine.
It can be awful at times (like last night).
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 11:09 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by apodo77

Just because UA/AA suck at ORD also doesn’t mean DL’s recovery at ATL are just fine.
It can be awful at times (like last night).
What did happen last night/afternoon in ATL, were the storms really that bad?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.