Wiki Posts
Search

India no Jet

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2018, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta-Million miler
India no Jet

I am a Platinum flyer. i will be going to India in October. It looks like almost all connections are via Jet. Jet does not allow lounge access to Delta platinum, an important issue for me. Any suggestions/connections. Don’t mind BLR or MAA or BOM.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 6:52 pm

There are some Air France flights to Bangalore (and I believe more to other cities). I recently had to book this and ended up buying Air France flight numbers from KLM with an extra stop state-side over what the Jet itineraries gave me, but it should work out.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 6:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Take a look at all of the routings and then look at your connection times. Only you can decide whether an extra 15-20 hours is worth a mediocre lounge. Alternatively, go to a decent airport restaurant and get to your destination in a timely manner.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by Often1
Take a look at all of the routings and then look at your connection times. Only you can decide whether an extra 15-20 hours is worth a mediocre lounge. Alternatively, go to a decent airport restaurant and get to your destination in a timely manner.
i saw a few of those flights but it really shouldn’t be that bad. I’m in LAX and had choices between layovers in DTW, JFK, and ATL for my outbound at the time I was booking. The DTW connection added a total of about 2 hours (mostly in connection) to the 24-hour lowest travel time, and there was a good Air France-only return trip with just the CDG layover.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 10:23 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
OP,

You've got a few choices with ST:

to BOM:
AF through CDG (operated by JOON)
GA through DPS
KE through ICN
KL through AMS
SV throuh RUH and JED
GA through DPS

to DEL:
AF through CDG
AZ through FCO
CI through TPE
CZ through CAN and SYX
GA through DPS
KE through ICN
KL through AMS
MU through PEK and PVG
SV throuh RUH and JED
SU through SVO
VS through LHR

Per the Skyteam website they all have a least one lounge for Elite Plus
SamOF and orca15 like this.

Last edited by ttuna3; Jun 28, 2018 at 10:39 pm Reason: senior moment
Old Jun 29, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: UA Million Mile, Mileage Plus Premier 1K, SkyMiles Gold Medallion, AAdvantage Gold
CDG-BLR on AF is your best option to BLR, AMS-BOM on KLM is your best option to BOM, and MAA is a bit more complicated and I would recommend not flying there for that reason. Both USA-CDG-BLR and USA-AMS-BOM are easy to book either through either DL or AF/KLM.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta-Million miler
Thanks
When I looked at AF or KLM, even they seem to have "partnered" with Jet. I don't know wther there are specific days of the week KLM or AF flies and the other days Jet takes over.!
Old Jun 30, 2018, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Gynob001
Thanks
When I looked at AF or KLM, even they seem to have "partnered" with Jet. I don't know wther there are specific days of the week KLM or AF flies and the other days Jet takes over.!
AF and KL operate some of their own flights to certain India destinations. ttuna3 lists the routes.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 6:04 pm

Programs: Delta 360/DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Gynob001
Thanks
Certain of the routes have a flight from Jet take off within an hour of AF/KLM. Just have to look carefully and choose the right one if you want AF/KLM and not Jet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.