Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Anyone know what's going to happen to the MSY Sky Club?

Anyone know what's going to happen to the MSY Sky Club?

Old Jun 27, 2018, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by oopsz
It's right there in his post - they're going to convert the old CONRAC to additional economy parking.

I'll say this - the airport desperately needs more parking. It's catchment area runs from Lafayette to Pensacola and on holiday weekends all the off-site lots fill up early friday. Even long term parking can be hard to come by.

I prefer USPark but my last few family trips I haven't been able to get a spot there. Recently we've just said screw it on parking and taken a cab or UberXL.
I was more referring to the interior areas with check-in desks and whatnot (and I also did not understand what CONRAC meant).

I'm glad parking will get better. The last time I flew out of MSY, I showed up two hours in advance and still made it to my flight right as the door was closing. I ended up ditching my car at a grocery store on Veterans and calling an Uber after exhausting all other options (PNF and other lots were full). If it weren't for Pre-Check and carry-on luggage only, I would've missed my flight for sure.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, AC Aeroplan, UA MileagePlus, WN Rapid Rewards
Another nice requirement with the new garages at the north terminal is that updating signage be added to I-10 indicating if there is space available before the airport exits. Another 7 months or so to go before the parking situation improves.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 3:25 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by brewdog11
I was more referring to the interior areas with check-in desks and whatnot (and I also did not understand what CONRAC meant).

I'm glad parking will get better. The last time I flew out of MSY, I showed up two hours in advance and still made it to my flight right as the door was closing. I ended up ditching my car at a grocery store on Veterans and calling an Uber after exhausting all other options (PNF and other lots were full). If it weren't for Pre-Check and carry-on luggage only, I would've missed my flight for sure.
You can make a 1 day reservation at PNF. That gets you in and parked. You'll pay the balance when you leave. I always make the PNF reservation when I book the flight.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
FWIF, I found this post insightful. Looks like MSY is getting a few airline additions, as well. I found it in a thread in the South forum:

Originally Posted by ASDwxguy
The lounge information was passed on to me from a friend who works for one of the airlines at the airport. This is the prospective tenant list for the new terminal. It's a bit outdated since Silver Airways and Sun Country have added flights since then.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by oopsz
It's right there in his post - they're going to convert the old CONRAC to additional economy parking.

I'll say this - the airport desperately needs more parking. It's catchment area runs from Lafayette to Pensacola and on holiday weekends all the off-site lots fill up early friday. Even long term parking can be hard to come by.

I prefer USPark but my last few family trips I haven't been able to get a spot there. Recently we've just said screw it on parking and taken a cab or UberXL.
I live in PNS and would be hard pressed to have to go to MSY for an outbound flight.. I do agree that more parking is needed though.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman
I live in PNS and would be hard pressed to have to go to MSY for an outbound flight.. I do agree that more parking is needed though.
I have colleagues who will routinely drive here from PNS to catch nonstop flights instead of taking a connection (NYC/LAX/BOS/SFO/LHR). But that choice is certainly more personal preference than anything else.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
AeroMexico has lots of flights already, I believe they're all DL Code Shares. I've never seen one of their aircraft at MSY.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
AeroMexico has lots of flights already, I believe they're all DL Code Shares. I've never seen one of their aircraft at MSY.
With the JV they've been adding cities. Regardless if it was all codeshares there would be no need for a POC @ AM.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 10:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
AeroMexico served MSY many years ago. Not sure when they pulled out.
brewdog11 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 1:30 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
I know a lot of people that use MSY for the base airport for Gulf Coast cities since flying into say MOB or Gulfport is so much more, where MSY has more reasonable fares and lots of nonstops. I could see the need for more parking for those travelers so good to see that things are progressing for MSY.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Back to UA, missing DL; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by brewdog11
The New Orleans International Airport is currently building a new terminal, which is intended to supersede the old terminal sometime in early 2019. All airlines will essentially transition to the new terminal overnight. There has been plenty of info about different airport venders. However, I've heard nothing about a new Delta Sky Club or any other lounge. Anyone know what's going to happen with the MSY Sky Club once the transition is made to the new terminal?
Originally Posted by saxman66
I saw a list somewhere that included a Delta Sky Club, United Club, and a Priority Pass lounge will be included in the new terminal. I will update as soon as I find out.

Here is an article from today which talks about the vendors and food options that will be available. Much better than what is there now. They are scheduled to do an overnight move across the runway sometime in February 2019! As a local to MSY, I'm looking forward to it. I have a feeling parking will be a challenge, and the ride to the rental car facility will not be fun.
Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
While I'm happy to see the new terminals go up, I think the overnight swap to the new facility is going to be an absolute nightmare. I plan on scheduling my travel to stay out of there for at least a few months. Nothing down there works right, no reason to think this will either.
Originally Posted by ASDwxguy
As of now there will be 2 clubs in the new terminal. A Delta Skyclub and a United Club. Both will be located in or near Concourse C. The Skyclub will be 2 floors with great views of the runway. The United Club will be a ground level club. There are rumors that an independent lounge will also open over in Concourse B, but nothing confirmed as of yet.
I got a hard hat tour of the facility in April. While it's much larger and more spacious than the current terminal, I agree with concerns about the overnight transition, and traffic to reach it in general.

As for the SkyClub, there is a large post-security area before splitting into the concourses with the large multi-story windows. Not sure exactly where in that area it will be sited, but there is plenty of room.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.