Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Entertainment System Out on 9 hour Flight - Delta Credits 5000 Bonus Miles?

Entertainment System Out on 9 hour Flight - Delta Credits 5000 Bonus Miles?

Old Jul 2, 2018, 12:06 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Platinum
I got 5k for the sporadic IFE issues on the A350 on ICN-ATL. That's fine by me, it worked for almost the whole trip just the screen would turn off every 30 minutes just had to be tapped, they tried to reboot it once and it didn't fix the problem.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by ethernal
Are you implying that you don't have a phone, laptop, or tablet? I find that hard to believe.
Maybe it's different up front. The last time I was seated in front of the curtain, the plane said Northwest on the side. But, I've never seen an economy seat with a mechanism to securely hold a phone or tablet.

Perhaps I'm just odd, but the thought of having to hold a phone or tablet for hours and hours isn't appealing. So, what you call a "totally unnecessary feature" is something I value.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 7:42 am

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by rjburns
Delta gave me 5000 SkyPesos for an egregious flight cancellation/overnight stranding. I tried to use my SkyPesos. They wanted 25,000 for a flight that was selling for $50 cash making my SkyPesos worth exactly 1/5 of a cent each. I am Gold.
That's hilarious (if true). You can get a first class one way ticket on American for that many miles.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
If the D1 seats weren't working in the entire cabin (i.e. they sat upright and couldn't be maneuvered at all), I would have gotten off. Plenty of other KL/AF/DL options across the pond on an aircraft with working seats. They can save their measly miles.
I can't imagine the seats wouldn't work. This would take a failure on every seat. They would cancel it for that. The way the message is written I think there's some communication issue. OP may be meaning something else was broke. Ie IFE. Especially with the amount of miles offered. Heck the FA handheld would issue 20k for such an issue. (Have been issued miles for this reason via handheld)
Old Jul 2, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by boeingATL
About 2 years ago, I was on a paid Delta One 10+ hour flight to South America. My IFE did not work in spite of many rebootings. AND my dinner had uncooked, raw fish. No it wasn't sushi. I sent a letter to DL with pictures. All I got was 5k skymiles.
Sounds like you didn't push back or tell them what you think is appropriate and got fleeced. DL isn't a charity so they want to offer the minimum they can, but that could be different for each customer.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.