Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Entertainment System Out on 9 hour Flight - Delta Credits 5000 Bonus Miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Entertainment System Out on 9 hour Flight - Delta Credits 5000 Bonus Miles?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2018, 6:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
I have an iPad, but among all of the other stuff I haul around in my backpack, I like not having to drag the weight of an iPad around as well if I know my flight is going to have IFE. I'd be pretty bummed out if it wasn't working, particularly on a flight that long.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
Originally Posted by ethernal
Are you implying that you don't have a phone, laptop, or tablet? I find that hard to believe.
I'm not spending money and time preparing for something I'm only going to watch perhaps once. IFE has always been an opportunity to watch something you might not otherwise.

Luckily if IFE and/or in-flight wi-fi went down, I have a Nintendo Switch to keep me entertained most of the time. But for others, this may not be an option.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 7:47 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by FireEmblemPride
I'm not spending money and time preparing for something I'm only going to watch perhaps once. IFE has always been an opportunity to watch something you might not otherwise.
Delta studio is free and generally easier to navigate than the seatback IFE systems
Old Jun 28, 2018, 7:52 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
Originally Posted by pvn
Delta studio is free and generally easier to navigate than the seatback IFE systems
I completely agree! DL has one of the better IFE systems out there, in my opinion.

I was referring to the act of having to go into iTunes and buy/rent a few videos in advance of a trip and then downloading all of that data into my laptop, tablet or phone. That's not how I want to spend my time in advance of a trip. If IFE on Delta goes down, mileage compensation is entitled.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by pvn
it also has a more limited selection than setback IFE. I like the IFE bc I get movies that are just out of theaters and lots of movies not Available on Netflix and Amazon Prime.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 5:16 am

How about no IFE, no power and delta one seats not working..

Yesterday - AMS to MSP this happened to my wife and I in Delta One, in fact everyone in Delta One. 8+ hour flight and Captain basically said the plane is safe, the convince parts/pieces are not all working and they don’t have a part to fix it in AMS. We paid for the convience parts and pieces is what he just brushed over. Plane should have been parked I overheard a pilot behind me say and flight attendants were all frazzled to say the least. Oh, flight was delayed one hour and pilot told flight attendants to skip on ground drink service because he wanted to get going - after people complained as pilot said we would be ready to go in about 25 minutes - then finally drinks were rolled out in limited form (i.e., had to ask for one).

Rec’d an email already yesterday like orig poster saying here is 7,500 miles due to no IFE. Planning to call customer service and highlight our experience as a “Customer” yesterday - i think Delta forgets we are the customers and the experience, yes safety big time first and foremost, is still important.

Foe me, being diamond now as well as hitting diamond already for next year, fairly frustrating.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 5:32 am

I was on a VS A340 (Ladybird) LHR-JFK and the power supply and IFE was broken for an entire row. I reported it only so that maintenance was aware, didn't ask for miles as I had hours of podcasts and a Nintendo Switch so I never used either, but they credited 20k anyway.

5k seems low.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by hotturnip
LOL. I'm having a good chuckle at the idea of something named "non-entertainment."

"We had to have dinner at the Smiths. How dare they subject us to 4 hours of non-entertainment?"
"God, I saw the latest Adam Sander movie. Talk about non-entertainment."

Imagine what it was like in the days before IFE!!! Oh, the horror!!! Endless non-entertainment!!!
So I'm guessing you don't own a cell phone?

Do you own a car? There was a time when cars didn't exist. I guess buy a horse and take it to work every morning.

Do you own a TV at home?

I agree that missing IFE isn't the end of the world... Heck, most AA planes don't even have it, but you're overreacting.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 6:51 am

Delta runs the Florida express CVG-MCO and back using either N377DE or N776DE every day. IFE has been out of commission on those aircraft since last summer and FAs always apologize as if it just happened or is temporary. Cabin seems to be stuck in modification purgatory. Although row 1 has no power outlets. It does have four feet of leg room as they appear to have left the cabin config in a bit of disarray when they paused the update process last summer. Absence of the system isn’t really all that. It does though fly in the face of the comfort Delta portrays on the big posters on the walls as you make your way to/from the aircraft.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 2:43 pm

LAS to JFK in D1 - 10K miles for no IFE
Old Jun 30, 2018, 3:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS DL
But fly economy SFO-JFK and you may get 750 miles one way. That means SkyMiles is more of a credit card, card card enrollment bonus, and mistakes (IFE, late baggage, etc.) program.

5000 miles compared to 750 or 1000 miles for travel is great. 5000 miles compared to what it costs for an award is very cheapskate of Delta. I side with the latter.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 6:14 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Mplsavant
Yesterday - AMS to MSP this happened to my wife and I in Delta One, in fact everyone in Delta One. 8+ hour flight and Captain basically said the plane is safe, the convince parts/pieces are not all working and they don’t have a part to fix it in AMS. We paid for the convience parts and pieces is what he just brushed over. Plane should have been parked I overheard a pilot behind me say and flight attendants were all frazzled to say the least. Oh, flight was delayed one hour and pilot told flight attendants to skip on ground drink service because he wanted to get going - after people complained as pilot said we would be ready to go in about 25 minutes - then finally drinks were rolled out in limited form (i.e., had to ask for one).

Rec’d an email already yesterday like orig poster saying here is 7,500 miles due to no IFE. Planning to call customer service and highlight our experience as a “Customer” yesterday - i think Delta forgets we are the customers and the experience, yes safety big time first and foremost, is still important.

Foe me, being diamond now as well as hitting diamond already for next year, fairly frustrating.
If the D1 seats weren't working in the entire cabin (i.e. they sat upright and couldn't be maneuvered at all), I would have gotten off. Plenty of other KL/AF/DL options across the pond on an aircraft with working seats. They can save their measly miles.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 6:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Plat (1mm),Marriott LT Plat, Avis PC, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Delta gave me 5000 SkyPesos for an egregious flight cancellation/overnight stranding. I tried to use my SkyPesos. They wanted 25,000 for a flight that was selling for $50 cash making my SkyPesos worth exactly 1/5 of a cent each. I am Gold.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 9:00 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
A veteran traveler will have dealt with enough instances of busted IFE, lack of in-seat power, etc enough times to know you can't rely on the airline to always provide a functional system.

Checklist for any flight over a couple hours: A book, a power bank and a tablet/phone/laptop with some IFE loaded.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 8:38 pm

Programs: DL Plat/SC 1MM, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Sam's Club
About 2 years ago, I was on a paid Delta One 10+ hour flight to South America. My IFE did not work in spite of many rebootings. AND my dinner had uncooked, raw fish. No it wasn't sushi. I sent a letter to DL with pictures. All I got was 5k skymiles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.