Wiki Posts
Search

Melted D1 Ice Cream

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2018, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Hertz PC, National EE, Bonvoy TE, GE, CLEAR
Melted D1 Ice Cream

Yesterday's LAS - JFK was delayed due to Air Force One and our ice cream for the sundae bar melted because they were not allowed to do any work due to security issues. I will accept any consolation posts here. The FA offered miles or vouchers to me but I just wanted my D1 sundae.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by Skystreak
Yesterday's LAS - JFK was delayed due to Air Force One and our ice cream for the sundae bar melted because they were not allowed to do any work due to security issues. I will accept any consolation posts here. The FA offered miles or vouchers to me but I just wanted my D1 sundae.
It’ll be headline news for a week. “Trump causes ice cream to melt in Vegas. Still claims no proof of global climate change.”

Old Jun 24, 2018, 10:47 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
The FA offered miles or vouchers to me but I just wanted my D1 sundae.
Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?
Old Jun 24, 2018, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
The ice cream wasn't "melted": it was merely "pre-thawed" for your convenience!

Old Jun 24, 2018, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
The OP is quite lucky. My last Dotard Delay actually turned into a cancellation.
Seabilly and SeaHawg like this.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 2:15 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by thehorta
“Trump causes ice cream to melt in Vegas. Still claims no proof of global climate change.”
Hah, LOL !!!
TheHorta likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
How on earth can security cleared staff working on a totally separate plane be a security issue for another ultra ultra (the best security ever!) secured plane?

I'm all for good security for your Head of Stafe & Government but this was just ridiculous!
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
How many miles did they offer you?
I was on a SFO-JFK flight in D1 earlier this year, and they failed/forgot to load sundaes and was offered 15K miles.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Spent_All_My_Miles
How many miles did they offer you?
I was on a SFO-JFK flight in D1 earlier this year, and they failed/forgot to load sundaes and was offered 15K miles.
I find most FA just try and gave the max, which I believe is 15k. In fact I've never been given anything except 15k, except once. I think FA feel embarrassed and figure oh well, it's not out of my pocket.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Dotard Delay
^
bchandler02 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Sorry folks, we’re serving your milkshake in a bowl for today’s flight.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Forgot to add earlier. I'm surprised the ice cream melted. Normally it's rock hard regardless of when served. Sounds like the took the dry ice off too early.
davetravels and 18sas like this.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 4:47 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
How on earth can security cleared staff working on a totally separate plane be a security issue for another ultra ultra (the best security ever!) secured plane?

I'm all for good security for your Head of Stafe & Government but this was just ridiculous!
I can't speak to this particular situation, but I can tell you that in my previous experiences with AF1 at different airports, none of our SIDA badges / STAs meant anything to Secret Service. There were very strict guidelines imposed during arrival and departure, traffic limited in and around the airport, cellular service blocked, etc.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Outrageous

Fret not. Your D1 Delta ice cream will eventually be sent back to Iceland to protect our borders.
jdrtravel likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 6:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
because they were not allowed to do any work due to security issues.
Was this the ground/catering or was the crew onboard the flight? It sounds to me like it’s the crew on board who said they couldn’t work due to security issues. If it’s the crew on a totally separate plane than this sounds like either a lazy crew or somebody really really misinterpreting the rules. By their argument all employees within X amount of space of 1600 Pennsylvania can never work
strickerj likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.