Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Award booking - SkyMiles on KE - flight number change

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2018, 11:37 pm
Original Poster

Hi, I booked my wife on an itinerary with Delta on domestic segment, and Korean Air on the international segments.The itinerary is SEA-LAX-ICN-SIN. DL on domestic first, KE on Prestige, the damage was 85K SkyMiles. Anyway, KE sent my wife a notification about the flight number change. ICN to SIN originally was on KE841, now it will change to KE845. If she logged in to KE, the itinerary showed KE845 already (naturally) but Delta - when she logged in using her SM account, still showing KE841.

Our questions:
1. Is it common for Delta to lag behind KE, meaning that updates on their website lag for a few days?
2. Do we have anything to worry about the reservation? We called SM, and the phone agent confirmed that there is a note about flight number change, whatever that means. She confirmed that there is no need to worry about anything, all things are confirmed and ok. Is it?
3. My wife called KE, out of curiosity why Delta was not updated. KE said that Delta needed to re-issue ticket, which SM agent said that there is no such thing needed.

What to do in this situation? The award space btw SEA to SIN looks completely akimbo by now. I saw itinerary in business class costing 300K SM and upwards (insert SM joke here).

Thank you for the help in advance.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 1:04 am

Off topic, but backtracking to LAX from SEA on the way to SIN is a torture, regardless of class of service. You are adding 6-7 hours to the trip. I would save the miles and go SEA-ICN-SIN in Y if C award was not available.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 1:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
When is the travel? You'll need not only the reservation but also a reissued ticket so that everything matches.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
When is the travel? You'll need not only the reservation but also a reissued ticket so that everything matches.
Trip is in mid July. So this is a case of having to have the ticket re-issued yes?
Old Jun 25, 2018, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Reticketing ensures everything is smooth DoD. However, since it's a change to a different flight on same carrier, on same route, they may just revalidate the current ticket. This far put, I'd have them reticket. Call back and tell agent new ticket hasn't been issued. Don't go into all the stuff about what each agent has said. Also if you don't like new flight time, now is when to ask for a re-routed. Once reticketed you'll no longer be eligible for a free reroute, though they may still give it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.