Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Buying round trip flight HNL > LAX > YYZ delta.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2018, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond

Booking it as 1 complete trip to Toronto

first flight is DL1284
second flight is DL7030 (operated by Westjet)
friday oct 5th

When I check in my bags In HNL, will they send them all the way thru? Or will I need to pick up bags in LAX and recheck with WS (and pay for them?)

Old Jun 23, 2018, 9:37 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
All the way thru
Old Jun 23, 2018, 9:38 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
They should be checked through.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 9:45 pm

Connecting at LAX onto WS wouldn't be my first choice tho. I'd take a widebody HNL-SLC/MSP/ATL and then a DL flight up to YYZ, if it were me
Old Jun 23, 2018, 9:47 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by kjnangre
Connecting at LAX onto WS wouldn't be my first choice tho. I'd take a widebody HNL-SLC/MSP/ATL and then a DL flight up to YYZ, if it were me
It is likely cheaper to fly WS.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
It is likely cheaper to fly WS.
There's a reason for that
Old Jun 23, 2018, 10:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by kjnangre

I was originally looking at a flight like that but it went from ~$452 and jumped up overnight to $793

Last edited by cboy; Jun 23, 2018 at 10:19 pm
Old Jul 1, 2018, 6:45 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Delta flights to/from Hawaii have been significantly cheaper of late if a segment is on WestJet. The next cheapest routing seems to be Salt Lake City, but I would avoid this because often the aircraft is the horrendous domestic 767 with the 2x2x2 configuration in first-class. I'm a small guy and it's barely tolerable, unless I'm drunk enough to pass out in a window seat and sleep on the red-eye.

You might try HNL–SEA–BOS on Delta and then BOS–YYZ on WestJet. I priced it to $1100-ish. HNL–LAX–JFK–YYZ, entirely on Delta, prices out to $1300-ish.

For what it's worth, one-way from HNL–YYZ ranges between $286 and $629 while the one-way from YYZ–HNL ranges between $287 and $519.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.