Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Asia Business Trip - Lounge Access and Suggestions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2018, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM

I did some searching but I figured it may be best to ask for some updated advice. My wife is travelling from MSP-LAX-CAN-PEN, PEN-SZB, and then KUL-ICN-DTW-MSP. The three trips below are the three main "segments" as they're separated a couple days a part. LAX-CAN-PEN is CZ, PEN-SZB is on Malaysian Air, while the rest are all on DL. They are all business class fares.

What options does she have for lounges? She has a decent layover (about 3-4 hours each) in LAX and CAN on the way down and ICN on the way back. Does she get access to lounges in LAX, CAN, KUL (on the way out) and ICN? If so, which ones? I'm assuming KAL in ICN, but what about LAX, CAN and KUL?

Any ideas/recommendations are welcome and appreciated!
Old Jun 19, 2018, 7:19 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RuesterGAGT
I did some searching but I figured it may be best to ask for some updated advice. My wife is travelling from MSP-LAX-CAN-PEN, PEN-SZB, and then KUL-ICN-DTW-MSP. The three trips below are the three main "segments" as they're separated a couple days a part. LAX-CAN-PEN is CZ, PEN-SZB is on Malaysian Air, while the rest are all on DL. They are all business class fares.

What options does she have for lounges? She has a decent layover (about 3-4 hours each) in LAX and CAN on the way down and ICN on the way back. Does she get access to lounges in LAX, CAN, KUL (on the way out) and ICN? If so, which ones? I'm assuming KAL in ICN, but what about LAX, CAN and KUL?

That’s a lot of airports! I recommend downloading the app LoungeBuddy and inputting all the relevant information in there. I’ve found it’s really helpful in showing which lounges you have access to, and while it’s not perfect in weird corners of the world, by and large it’s usually right on the money. And it has a comprehensive listing of amenities and even photos for most lounges.

It’ll also be a great resource for your wife to have on hand in case she’s wondering where each lounge is located or trying to decide between two lounges that are both accessible.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With most world airline business(first) class will give you departure lounge access. Some give you arrival access. USA domestic is the exception to this.

For Malaysian MH (Oneworld) look here https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access
For Skyteam https://www.skyteam.com/en/lounges/
Old Jun 19, 2018, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium

MSP - can use the Skyclub
LAX - Can use whatever lounge CZ sends to (which I believe is the KE lounge, which is awful) or the Skyclubs in T2 (best) or T3 (not great but worlds better then the KE lounge)
CAN - CZ has really good lounges, nothing like the MU lounges in PVG
PEN - whatever lounge MH contracts with
KUL - whatever lounge KE contracts with. Note she is flying KE even though may have a DL flight number. DL doesn't fly it's own metal to KUL
ICN - KE lounges. Despite this being their home, they're not much better than it's LAX lounge
DTW - Skyclubs
MSP - Skyclubs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.