FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Which Delta Aircraft feature Live Satellite TV? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1915267-delta-aircraft-feature-live-satellite-tv.html)

123Go Jun 19, 2018 10:35 am

Which Delta Aircraft feature Live Satellite TV?

I am hoping to watch the world cup this week on some transcon flights. JFK-LAX and JFK-LAS.

rucksack Jun 19, 2018 10:41 am

Originally Posted by 123Go (Post 29882874)

I am hoping to watch the world cup this week on some transcon flights. JFK-LAX and JFK-LAS.

Most 737 and 757s should have satellite TV. Keep in mind that an equipment change could roil your plans.

MCO Flyer Jun 19, 2018 10:49 am

Live TV is available on most 752s, and all 753s, 738s, and 739s. Keep in mind that it’s very inconsistent and often dosen’t work. I also believe that some of the World Cup games are on FS1 this year, which I don’t believe DL has in their Dish TV lineup.

sdix Jun 19, 2018 11:20 am

No FS1 on Delta but they do have FOX so there are some games that you might be able to see.

spudley007 Jun 19, 2018 11:09 pm

Agreed, no FS1 and it really is a crap shoot if the plane has it and if it works. The 752 I was on today did NOT have Sat TV. Good luck!

ATOBTTR Jun 19, 2018 11:16 pm

My 757 on Friday on SEA-JFK had Satellite TV. This was a configuration with 20 FC seats (75D, which per DL.com has satellite tv). On the return, I was on a 75S, which DL.com says is supposed to have satellite tv, but is either wrong or it was not working on my aircraft. DL uses internationally equipped 757s and 767s on JFK-LAX; none of the 767s that are used on this route will have satellite tv.

On a 737 that you'd get on JFK-LAS, you should get satellite tv. If it's a 737-900, it has a better chance of working than if it's a 737-800, IME.

flyerCO Jun 19, 2018 11:18 pm

I started a thread about DISH TV on DL recently. Was shocked to see it as never had before. One of the common themes is that you can't expect to have it, even if on equipment that should. Also if you have it onboard, can't expect for it to work.

ATOBTTR Jun 19, 2018 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 29885219)
I started a thread about DISH TV on DL recently. Was shocked to see it as never had before. One of the common themes is that you can't expect to have it, even if on equipment that should. Also if you have it onboard, can't expect for it to work.

I find it works when I don't care (when I have no intention of using it), and it doesn't work when I want to use it, mainly when I want to watch sports and am traveling when a game I want to follow is on. I was disappointed that I was unable to have satellite tv on Sunday while flying across the country as I was unable to watch the final round of the US Open. :(

Jonesdds Jan 5, 2020 11:33 am

Update live TV on Delta flights wanted

I've recently changed my allegiance to Delta so will be flying them a lot. Typically I'm going between SBA and SLC in a Delta Connection E175. No seatback entertainment but supposed to have wifi and Delta Studio streaming service(I believe) on the plane. Does anyone know if I'd be able to get live TV on this flight or just the mainline jets?

indufan Jan 5, 2020 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Jonesdds (Post 31911844)
I've recently changed my allegiance to Delta so will be flying them a lot. Typically I'm going between SBA and SLC in a Delta Connection E175. No seatback entertainment but supposed to have wifi and Delta Studio streaming service(I believe) on the plane. Does anyone know if I'd be able to get live TV on this flight or just the mainline jets?

No streaming live TV. It is only the mainline jets and only some of those.