Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2019, 2:48 pm

Programs: Skymiles Gold
Originally Posted by WWads

The issue is that a later flight would miss the last bank of departures, meaning that the flight would have to be entirely O/D.

This is one of those times where outstations have an advantage over hubs simply due to how hubs work.
I get it. I'd think they could put some small regionals on the late night departures if it were difficult to fill up the mainline planes with O/D. There is a 9:30(ish)pm weekday departure ATL-JFK/BOS. Just seems like from the NE to ATL, there aren't any late night departures which makes it difficult to connect from some of the JFK partner flights. It's not like these two places are outstations. They're large major cities that happen to be DL hubs. Maybe I'm exaggerating the size/importance of ATL to think there are enough people here to support O/D flights like that.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 1:32 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TuxTom
And those WN flights are loaded with intrastate business travelers so it's easy money for them. RNO is dominated by WN with over 40% of the market share. As far as DL is concerned, RNO is a lonely outpost that is largely ignored. I think it would be a huge step forward for them to offer a daily flight to any hub other than SLC.
I agree, I would like more options for getting to Reno. Even almost two months out, AA and United were $200-300 cheaper to fly ATL-RNO than DL at the end of this month, with better departure and arrival times.
ACCDraw likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, DL UA
I’m still hoping for CLT to BOS. JetBlue just announced that they will be transferring their two CLT to JFK flights to BOS this fall, thus giving them 5 nonstops per day on the CLT to BOS route. I’m hoping that Delta will follow with at least 3 nonstops on this route once the refurbishment of Terminal “A” is complete.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 5:52 pm

Programs: Delta DM for now
Originally Posted by rwarren5
I agree, I would like more options for getting to Reno. Even almost two months out, AA and United were $200-300 cheaper to fly ATL-RNO than DL at the end of this month, with better departure and arrival times.
I'm getting married in September and just about everyone traveling here from the east coast is flying AA, UA, or B6 because they were so much cheaper and had multiple 1 stop options. BOS-SLC-RNO was well over $600 r/t for most days unless they took the red-eye return. Friends originating elsewhere, like PWM or ALB, would have to take 2 stops to get here on DL vs 1 stop on any other airline.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 6:07 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rwarren5
I wonder if Delta simply doesn't care about Reno. I don't think of it as much of a vacation destination and for people who wouldn't drive there and I'm not sure what business is there other than warehouses.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 7:18 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
I wonder if Delta simply doesn't care about Reno. I don't think of it as much of a vacation destination and for people who wouldn't drive there and I'm not sure what business is there other than warehouses.
Not right by Reno, but not far either, there are a number of large to very large commercial datacenters (power cost and availability being just two factors)
Old Jul 10, 2019, 7:46 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by monitor
But you now get a BONVOY.

I still just want them to put back the nonstop from South Florida (any airport) to DCA.
I really miss nonstop service from LGA to DAB, those New York flights were convenient on Delta, Eastern and AirTran. Even miss those B6 flights from JFK that recently ended. Like most, I would prefer not to fly thru ATL, but these days that means flying to Jacksonville or Orlando and then driving to Volusia County.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: Delta DM for now
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
Well they call it Reno-Tahoe International, because it is the closest airport to Lake Tahoe, which is a major year round destination. Much of the tourism is driven by Bay Area traffic that drives here but I've flown DLs 1x weekly ATL-RNO winter flight a few times and it is packed with skiers.

That said, midweek upgrade lists for RNO-SLC flights are usually 20-30 people long, which to me suggests a decent amount of business travel. Tesla would be the most well known business with their 'gigafactory' out east of Reno, but the whole area has seen quite a lot of growth from the tech industry due to it's proximity to the Bay Area, while being a lot cheaper and wide open for development of datacenters and the like.
ACCDraw, ryw and rwarren5 like this.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold
MSY-AMS
Old Aug 12, 2019, 1:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
This has been bugging me since the thread was started ....
can someone finally edit the title to
"What (nonstop) route do you really wish Delta would have?"
Old Aug 12, 2019, 5:35 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Bring back ATL-ARN and start ATL-HEL

Both lack demand but would benefit me greatly.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 6:36 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Apparently SFO-OAK-SFO Can one ACTUALLY FLY from OAK to SFO, or SFO to OAK?

As someone who lives closer to OAK, part of me wishes that flights like SFO-OAK-AAA were still a thing. More seriously though I’d really love to have connectivity from OAK to either SEA or LAX. (At least we have our ATL flight again, even if it’s a redeye)
Old Aug 12, 2019, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by gerwitz
MSY-AMS
This seems like a real possibility.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 8:36 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
This seems like a real possibility.
I'd like to see why you think so?
Old Aug 12, 2019, 10:23 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Delta PM, AA EXP, Wannabe SkyWest 1K
SFO or SJC - AUS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.