Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: Delta DM for now
Originally Posted by Nayef
I've been wanting DEN to have direct flights to AMS (whether through Delta or KLM) because I'd love to be able to fly to my hometown in the Middle East through AMS instead of FRA or LHR and still be able to do it in a true one-stop through KLM (DEN-AMS-DMM). Flights through FRA have to stop in KWI for an hour where we'd be stuck in a plane for a whole hour before it goes to DMM and it's the same for DEN-FRA-BAH where the flight from FRA lands in RUH for an hour.

BA isn't as feasible because the connection times are either too short or too long. They're only going to start serving DMM this December, but it'll stop in BAH first.

I know DEN-AMS probably isn't attractive given that SLC, DFW, MSP and ORD, which aren't too far from DEN. But to me it's still a pain needing to do 2 stops, which I've had to resort to a couple of times. DEN generally needs more international flights and I know United would probably be able to put up a DEN-AMS route, but that hypothetical flight wouldn't help me out since AMS-DMM would be on KLM and a separate ticket.
I don't think it would be a huge stretch to see KLM try AMS-DEN with their 787s, but this route would be highly dependent on O/D traffic from the Denver metro area since DL connections from there would be very limited.
strickerj and Nayef like this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by fusionblue
Any of the east coast hubs (JFK, DTW, ATL particularly) to LGW. LHR is annoying to get to from SE London.
Amazingly this came true. I thought this wouldnt be very likely.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by fusionblue
Amazingly this came true. I thought this wouldnt be very likely.
You lucked out that DL wants to preempt B6.
BOS/JFK to LGW probably wouldn't be happening otherwise.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Bonvoy Gold, National EC
JFK to literally anywhere in east/southeast Asia on Delta metal. In order of preference, though:
JFK-HKG
JFK-ICN
JFK-HND
JFK-SIN
JFK-PEK
JFK-TPE
JFK-PVG

For now, Delta only goes to TLV and will go to BOM (maybe) in Asia on its own metal. By my count, the New York area is served by seven airlines flying to Asia out of EWR (including United, which flies to five different destinations in Asia: PEK, NRT, TLV, PVG, and HKG), and 24 different airlines flying to Asia out of JFK (none of which is operated by an American carrier). (Note that this includes destinations in the Middle East, south and central Asia, not just east and southeast Asia.)
Old Jun 21, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by Jon of Brooklyn
JFK to literally anywhere in east/southeast Asia on Delta metal. In order of preference, though:
JFK-HKG
JFK-ICN
JFK-HND
JFK-SIN
JFK-PEK
JFK-TPE
JFK-PVG
Oof - that's a heck of a flight. Even Singapore's A350ULR has to have a low density config to make it reliably. Nearly a 19 hour flight.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 10:47 am
mhy

Programs: JGC
JFK <-> NRT on the 747. Good memories
Old Jun 21, 2019, 10:58 am

FLL-NRT

FLL- NRT
Old Jun 21, 2019, 11:01 am

LAX-NCE
Old Jun 21, 2019, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by ethernal
Oof - that's a heck of a flight. Even Singapore's A350ULR has to have a low density config to make it reliably. Nearly a 19 hour flight.
Indeed it is, which is why this route isn't happening any time soon! Is the low density configuration a payload requirement (to make it reliably), or is it a function of needing higher fares to pay for the extra fuel it has to carry for the 2 hours (or so) of flight time beyond an ultra long haul with a more standard configuration? Or perhaps that's what you were suggesting.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by Jon of Brooklyn
JFK-HKG
JFK-ICN
JFK-HND
JFK-SIN
JFK-PEK
JFK-TPE
JFK-PVG

For now, Delta only goes to TLV and will go to BOM (maybe) in Asia on its own metal. By my count, the New York area is served by seven airlines flying to Asia out of EWR (including United, which flies to five different destinations in Asia: PEK, NRT, TLV, PVG, and HKG), and 24 different airlines flying to Asia out of JFK (none of which is operated by an American carrier). (Note that this includes destinations in the Middle East, south and central Asia, not just east and southeast Asia.)
It would be nice if DL had one of those, but you sort of answered your own question. I can perhaps seeing DL take over one of KE's x2 JFK/ICN's but there is so much TPAC capacity across all of the carriers right now, I don't see DL adding any flights JFK/TPAC anytime soon.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 11:15 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by xliioper
Wish granted! DL has non-stop flights from Chicago to SEA, CVG, MSP, DTW, RDU, JFK, and LGA, in addition to ATL and SLC.
I flew ORD-RDU yesterday. I think I had that one on my list a few years ago in this thread. It was a full flight (not that this means anything, but I suppose it's better than a sparsely populated one).

Now RDU-SJC is top of my list for wanted DL route. RDU-BHM close second (don't expect to see this one as it overflies ATL).
Old Jun 21, 2019, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by kop84
It would be nice if DL had one of those, but you sort of answered your own question. I can perhaps seeing DL take over one of KE's x2 JFK/ICN's but there is so much TPAC capacity across all of the carriers right now, I don't see DL adding any flights JFK/TPAC anytime soon.
I think you're right. The other option might be to break the JFK-INC into 3x daily on, say, an A350, with the third flight leaving first thing in the morning or later in the evening, JFK time. That's slightly more capacity, but might help line up better with using ICN as a sort of scissor hub for east coast travelers to Asia.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tine Rod
FLL- NRT
That is truly pie-in-the-sky. I would be delighted with FLL-DCA, a somewhat shorter route.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 5:47 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
PBI-NRT would be awesome, but I’d happily settle for PBI-AMS or PBI-CDG.

Old Jun 21, 2019, 6:54 pm

Programs: Skyteam
HVN to anywhere. Even JFK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.