Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Old Feb 10, 2019, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by beachmouse
It currently operates as a seasonal route. I've got a ticket for it in late May. (Only way I could get a single connection route on the way to meeting up with family in Basel for a river cruise a few days later, so I was very glad for its existence)
Actually, you can connecting flight at AMS or CDG and then BSL. You can not go to ZRH. The traffic is so terrible. You had fly KLM to BSL. It's very easy airport.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kavok
DTW-ANC, as traveling from the Northeast to Alaska is kinda a pain right now, especially on the return.

Coming back from ANC to the East Coast, you always have that long second leg on ANC-SEA/MSP-XXX. It would be so nice to have an ANC-DTW option, so at least the second leg would be a short flight with more frequencies when having to make that connection.
That was our go-to route to Alaska with NW and there was great annoyance when DL cxld it shortly after the merger.

I would love to have it back.
strickerj likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 10:38 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by N830MH
Actually, you can connecting flight at AMS or CDG and then BSL. You can not go to ZRH. The traffic is so terrible. You had fly KLM to BSL. It's very easy airport.
We're doing Zurich to Basel by train with a stopover in Bernese Oberland.
N830MH likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Please add nonstop flight PHX-LAS/RDU/BOS/MCO. How about nonstop flight from BOS-BSL and JFK-BSL by operated A321LR aircraft.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 11:45 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, GHA Titanium, ANA Plat, Air Maroc G, Amex Plat
SEA-SBN
Old Feb 10, 2019, 11:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS DL
Saturday only service between LGA and SEA, PDX, LAX, which is permitted. Those routes are not allowed on other days.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:55 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by kavok
DTW-ANC, as traveling from the Northeast to Alaska is kinda a pain right now, especially on the return.

Coming back from ANC to the East Coast, you always have that long second leg on ANC-SEA/MSP-XXX. It would be so nice to have an ANC-DTW option, so at least the second leg would be a short flight with more frequencies when having to make that connection.
This would be great since I fly out of DTW and my wife hates connections.

Originally Posted by Air Houston
HOU-LNK

(hey, this is a wish list thread, so I can dream, right?
Well, it isnt quite Delta or LNK, but Southwest flies HOU-OMA if thats close enough.
kavok likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:44 am

Late to the conversation and shooting for the moon, I'd like SCE-JFK, or SCE-LGA at worst.

Living in a small town we have limited selection and it would be nice to get a flight to NYC to have easier access to the lower fares to Europe. Before the economic crisis we had a 2x daily ATL as well as DTW but now we only get ATL on the weekends in the summer. We have UA to ORD/IAD and soon AA to ORD/PHL as well as DL to DTW but that's it. Maybe AA will test a CLT flight over the summer to compete with the ATL flight?

For the most part, I don't really mind connecting at DTW and it works well for most of my flights to the west coast, I'd just prefer to get a cheaper fare to Europe without having to drive four hours to the city.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by swuglife
See my post above

I just posted this in the 'Austin SC' thread, but the plans from what I heard for the immediate future (as soon as the new terminal expansion opens later this month) is to go from 9 turns per day at 3 dedicated gates to 10 turns per day at 5 dedicated gates.

On the heels of a $350 million, nine-gate expansion set to open this spring, Austin-Bergstrom International Airport has plans to add an additional 32 gatesan evolution that would put the airport on par with Texas largest international airports.

We can be as big as DFW, said Lyn Estabrook, Planning and Development manager for ABIA, referring to the airports ability to handle travelers.

It is certainly possible, and I encourage Delta with all my effort, to turn AUS into its TX hub, it most definitely has its sights set on the young, affluent demographic here, and the GAs tell me that AUS is up there with JAX and MKE as one of the outstations with the highest Medallion populations.
Originally Posted by WWads
This is why DL needs a Texas hub.
While it's possible AUS could grow quite a bit, DL won't be turning it into a hub. Nor will they establish a Texas hub. The reason is because they just commited to the partnership with AM, and are realigning to use AM for connecting traffic. While Texas could still be used for domestic connections, if you take away a lot of the traffic heading to central and south america, the business case falls away. especially with SLC and ATL straddling it.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 4:56 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Well, it isn’t quite Delta or LNK, but Southwest flies HOU-OMA if that’s close enough.
Also, United flies IAH-OMA but that also isn’t HOU-LNK. Neither of them is five minutes from my sister’s office like LNK is.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:20 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget

That would be a nice route to have for this summers trip to Asia.
ANYWHERE to HKG

I can understand dropping DXB and shipping that over to the (non-VS) partners, but no such government-subsidy grudge exists for HKG.

HKG should be part of any US airline's TPAC service regardless of partnerships. Not to mention that HKG now really serves Macau with the new bridge and Shenzhen/Guangzhou with the new high speed train. Should be plenty of O&D traffic from more than one US gateway to this megalopolis.
MW147, emrdoc and ryw like this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:43 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Restore HNL-FUK (been running and packed flights since 2011, canceled as of May, 2019 with less than five months notice).

HNL-CTS.

And since KE flights have been blocked (by DL or KE) on HNL-ICN entirely for award redemptions, DL flight on HNL-ICN would help, to avoid having to always connect at NRT/KIX/NGO/FUK(untilMay)/PVG when flying SkyTeam int'l. At least that would add ICN connections that used to be available until a few years ago when the HNL-ICN total blockage started, now requiring HNL-NRT/KIX/NGO/FUK/PVG-ICN for connections at ICN.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by WhiskeyBravo
While it's possible AUS could grow quite a bit, DL won't be turning it into a hub. Nor will they establish a Texas hub. The reason is because they just commited to the partnership with AM, and are realigning to use AM for connecting traffic. While Texas could still be used for domestic connections, if you take away a lot of the traffic heading to central and south america, the business case falls away. especially with SLC and ATL straddling it.
I'm thinking of mostly domestic traffic. Using AUS to route traffic to the West Coast and steal business from AA/UA (business travelers don't backtrack generally). I'd be looking at cities like BHM, and a few others in the South that would also carry enough O/D traffic to AUS.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by WWads
I'm thinking of mostly domestic traffic. Using AUS to route traffic to the West Coast and steal business from AA/UA (business travelers don't backtrack generally). I'd be looking at cities like BHM, and a few others in the South that would also carry enough O/D traffic to AUS.
I think I see where you're going with it. If I look at gcmap though, SLC gets the job done pretty well. DEN might be better. Great Circle Mapper
AUS is really far south, if we wanted to put it in Texas DAL looks like a much better choice geographically.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:46 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
If AUS becomes a thing, I'd love to see SJC - AUS.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.