Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
I can imagine DL would be concerned about diluting CVG/IND/DTW TATL services with a CMH route.

But honestly, WOW's TATL service to secondary markets has been folding like a house of cards: CVG, CLE, DFW, STL.
CMH isn't getting TATL on DL or any other real airline anytime soon.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SoroSuub1
SEA - YYZ for sure, except AC probably paid DL a lot to not think about it.
I don't think that DL will care at all about AC. The partnership with WS will be strengthening as 2019 goes by and one would think that DL would want to know what WS wants to do with that route. My guess is that within a a year or two, WS will be flying it with two or three class aircraft.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 1:24 pm

I would love
DCA-ORD
DCA-SFO
Old Dec 7, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: DL GM
I wish DL would bring back JFK-PSA. This was such an easy and convenient way to Pisa and back. Now I'm flying all over the place, and getting back in one reasonable day from PSA is almost impossible.

Keith
Old Dec 7, 2018, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
HOU-LNK

Last edited by Air Houston; Jan 6, 2019 at 7:20 pm Reason: Typo
Old Dec 7, 2018, 11:04 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Originally Posted by monitor
I don't think that DL will care at all about AC. The partnership with WS will be strengthening as 2019 goes by and one would think that DL would want to know what WS wants to do with that route. My guess is that within a a year or two, WS will be flying it with two or three class aircraft.
It has to be on the way, especially with the WS JV. However, I'd think that DL would try it out on a smaller aircraft first (like the A319) and then upgauge it if it meets or exceeds their expectations. DL seems to have applied that philosophy fairly consistently as it has grown its hub in SEA. SEA-LAX started out as 3x CRJs daily.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum Pro, UA Premier Platinum, IHG Platinum Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by WWads
CMH isn't getting TATL on DL or any other real airline anytime soon.
What in the world do you mean by "real airline"?
Old Dec 8, 2018, 9:43 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I'm assuming he means that WOW or Norweigian might give it a try
SJC ORD LDR likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ab2013
It has to be on the way, especially with the WS JV. However, I'd think that DL would try it out on a smaller aircraft first (like the A319) and then upgauge it if it meets or exceeds their expectations. DL seems to have applied that philosophy fairly consistently as it has grown its hub in SEA. SEA-LAX started out as 3x CRJs daily.
That makes a lot of sense except for consideration of the politics involved in starting up a route to one of the partner airline's major city. I sort of think that a reconfigured WS 737 featuring a Maple Leaf will be there instead of a DL 319 with Stars and Stripes. When politics and nationalism get involved, rational thinking goes out the door.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 11:28 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by cfw
+1

+1 and Cape Air is a terrifying flying experience

ALB-ATL increased frequency to 4x or 5x daily, even if additions are Delta Connection

ALB to any connection out west (SLC, SEA, or even LAX)

And selfishly, DFW-IAH so that I can connect on AF, KL, and KE with a 30min flight

Sunday, June 9, Albany adds a 4th flight to Atlanta. Departures are now approximately 6 AM, noon, 3 PM, and 6 PM. The 3 PM is new and will be on a CR9
cfw likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by CMK10
I flew MEM-TUP on NW in 2009. Fun little Saab-340 route.
I can beat that

May of 1977, MEM-TUP-GTR(Golden Triangle Regional, Columbus MS)-TCL(Tuscaloosa AL)-ATL, on a Southern Airways Martin 404

strickerj and Randomlyredneck like this.

Last edited by jrl767; Jan 6, 2019 at 9:50 am Reason: memory ain’t what it used to be ... thx pvn
Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:53 am
pvn
Suspended

Originally Posted by jrl767

I can beat that

May of 1977, MEM-GTR(Golden Triangle Regional, Columbus MS)-TUP-TCL(Tuscaloosa AL)-ATL, on a Southern Airways Martin 404

Are you sure it wasn't MEM-TUP-GTR-TCL-ATL? That would make more sense geographically.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
fixed, thx
Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:34 am
pvn
Suspended

heh, it was a while back
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:05 pm

ATL - PEK. Not looking forward to connecting through Detroit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.