Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2018, 1:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Oh, but Big Bend is worth it. I'll point you to UT's McDonald Observatory and, if you're taking kids, Balmorhea State Park. Think of AA's 6x daily MAF- DFW as your escape plan!
I’ve been to Big Bend and Balmorhea and Fort Davis and Mc Donald multiple times as I actually lived in Midland for a few years. None are worth the risk of having to spend any time in Midland or Odessa.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA Million Mile, Mileage Plus Premier 1K, SkyMiles Gold Medallion, AAdvantage Gold
I have an ATL based friend who had to be in Bangor last week and he had to connect at JFK. He said this was the first time he connected anywhere in almost a year. So, I'll add ATL-BGR to this list.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 2:28 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Gynob001
Nonstop MCO-DCA has been on my wish list; unfortunately, my frequent visits to DCA (by other carriers that fly direct) might come to an end next year and I may not care if Delta flies non-stop to DCA from MCO.
At least I’m not the only one on here who would love to see this route daily again, even if only 1x daily. Probably won’t happen any time soon even with the # of people on here who would like it to be served. DL would need to get the slot from another flight at DCA and I doubt DL would ever do that for MCO-DCA.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 9:52 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
I'll ask you to trust me on DTW-BGR as a CR2. I'm on DTW-PWM regularly. When they announced the 750-mile/2-class rule (2010?) I looked at DTW-BGR (750 statute miles per Great Circle Mapper) and asked myself what they would do on that... We got our answer.

PWM has a lot of seasonality out of DTW & ATL. DTW-PWM goes from 3x CR9 on an August Monday to 2x CR9 on a January Monday. ATL-PWM goes from 3x MD-90 to 1x MD-88.
No doubt about the huge seasonality flying to/from Maine.

I tend to go to Maine at least once a year (and it's not business) and my final location is equidistant between both airports, so I'll usually do a search and go to which ever one works best for my needs. Last time I went in the winter, it was much easier to go out of Logan instead because of scheduling.

It would be nice to have a second ATL flight in the winter that leaves PWM in the mid to late afternoon even if it was on a regional plane of some sort, it's still an improvement.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
On the PWM front would love RDU - PWM but that's a pipe dream though Frontier just launched that route. We're headed up for a wedding in a few weeks and ended up doing the RDU - BOS direct with car option
Old Jul 7, 2018, 2:18 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
RDU-AMS so I could connect onward in Europe without transiting CDG and flying Air France would be pretty nice.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 10:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Platinum, United Platinum, Delta Silver
ATL-ARN
+1 MCO-DCA
Bring back DCA-BOS
Old Jul 8, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott/Starwood Plat
MEM - SLC. The only westbound flight out of MEM is a once a day to LAX in the early AM.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 8:37 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I have a feeling we won't see anything new at MEM until the renovation is complete and Delta moves back to the B concourse.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, TSA Pre-Check
Originally Posted by teCh0010
MEM - SLC. The only westbound flight out of MEM is a once a day to LAX in the early AM.
I agree.....this would be a great flight if they would put it back on....I am assuming the Occupancy Load did not support it. MEM is one of the greatest and easiest airports to navigate.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by vendsit
I would also like to see MCO-LAS, MCO-DFW and MCO-ORD.
Mco - Den would be good. Save me going through msp as I try and avoid Atl.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 1:52 pm

Programs: DL Plat, US Gold
With Southwest out of FNT bringing back DTW-FNT would make sense. NW used to fly DC9s on this route.

I agree DTW-SMF/SJC/OAK is needed as well.
Pianoman109876 likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 2:11 pm
cfw

Programs: UA, DL, LH, Marriott, Amex
Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
ALB->JFK
+1

Originally Posted by hi55us
I might even say ALB -> BOS would have more O&D traffic
+1 and Cape Air is a terrifying flying experience

ALB-ATL increased frequency to 4x or 5x daily, even if additions are Delta Connection

ALB to any connection out west (SLC, SEA, or even LAX)

And selfishly, DFW-IAH so that I can connect on AF, KL, and KE with a 30min flight
Webogirl likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 10:02 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (Silver), AAdvantage, Sun Country, FmrUS Airways Dividend Miles, Northwest WorldPerks
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
SLC-CMH
DL confirmed a couple months ago this will be back in 2019. Start date/times/aircraft TBD.

I'd add CMH-SEA and CMH-AMS/CDG.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 11:00 pm

Programs: United-1K, Marriott-Titanium Ambassador, Hyatt-Globalist
DAL to literally anywhere else besides ATL. Prefer MSP/SLC/LAX but I'll take anything.

Hell I'll take more flights out of both Dallas Airports but it just won't ever happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.