Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by BLT
I hate the GOL partnership. I wish Delta would start flying from the US directly to Brasilia. Now you have to go through Sao Paulo or Rio. When you come back to the US you go through through Rio or Sao Paulo You can't check in for the overseas flight in Brasilia at GOL and get a boarding pass on the Delta flight into the US. You have to exit the secure area and go to the Delta check in desk in the terminal to check-in and get a boarding pass. Sometimes you even have to get your bags and take them to the Delta check in to re-check them to the US.
AA has a non-stop from Miami to Brasilia and I am going to have to start taking that one. I hate to fly AA, but really? GOL can't check me in and give me a boarding pass in Brasilia?
AA also flies direct to MAO from Miami which is always tempting since it's so far out of the way to go down to GIG/GRU. But DL used to fly ATL-BSB, it was a 757 (pretty awful for an overnight flight) and then upgraded to a 767. Didn't realize they'd dropped it until you mentioned it.

For how nice BSB is for a domestic terminal, though, it's pretty terrible for international. Even on the same reservation REC-BSB-ATL last time I took that flight, I had to get bags and leave the secure area then re-check in and go to a separate, awful terminal.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 4:53 pm

NYC - HKG

A non-stop route that connects these two international financial centers is overdue.
ryw likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
MSP-MDT
Northwest announced and operated it for a few months on a CR9.

MSP-MEX
Delta announced it but I don't believe it ever operated.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 6:46 pm

Programs: DL
PDX to anywhere

SFO, LAS, DEN for example. Since they terminated their partnership with Alaska their coverage of the western U.S. is spotty
Old Jun 22, 2018, 7:05 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by tsspdx2
SFO, LAS, DEN for example. Since they terminated their partnership with Alaska their coverage of the western U.S. is spotty
You're already spoiled - PDX is probably Delta's biggest outstation (non-focus city) relative to population. Flights to to every Delta hub, Boston (a trans-con to a focus city!), NRT, AMS, and a sesaonal to LHR!
Old Jun 22, 2018, 8:16 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WWads
The key detail to me is that SEA doesn't have any more TPAC destinations than DTW, and between SEA and LAX the only difference is PEK.

I think that DL was desperate for a TPAC gateway, and picked SEA by default, when a long game at LAX would have been the better move. The battle against AS has been expensive for DL, and they don't seem to be making any recent progress. I think they were dealt a bad hand, but that doesn't lessen the fact that SEA will never be DL's SFO, no matter how hard they try.

I'll also go out on a limb by saying that canceling the 787 order was a massive mistake. I know that the order didn't fit with DL's fleet strategy, but I don't see any airlines offloading used 787s to DL anytime soon. Not ordering that aircraft has seriously impacted their long-haul fleet flexibility. The 767 is the right size but doesn't have the range. The 772s and A350s have the range but are too big. United owns the Pacific right now because of a combination of a great gateway at SFO and the 787s. The fact that they are not known for being a great airline strengthens that point.
DL is putting a bigger dent in AS than you might expect. The Eskimo was winning until they went and bought Virgin America, and that unforced error has created an opening you could fly a 767 through. The AS forum is full of integration problems, complaints about an already bad F experience getting worse, and customer unfriendly moves like requiring all carryons to use a brutal Ryanair-esque hard sided sizer. At boarding.

As the general public has experienced the current AS over the last year or so, I think people are giving a good long thought to trying Delta. Anecdotally, I’ve started to hear more long time AS loyalists begin dabbling in joining us on the dark side...
Old Jun 23, 2018, 3:10 pm

Programs: DL DM
ATL-ANC (year round... not just seasonal)
MSP-ECP
ECP/TLH-MCO (ahhh... I miss the early 2000’s)
XXX-BKK (from any DL hub to avoid a stop in Asia)
patthebunny likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 3:41 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
JFK-HND
SEA-HND (not NRT)
ATL-HND (again, not NRT)
HNL-HND (...see where I'm going with this?)
LAX-ORD
Old Jun 23, 2018, 4:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by FireEmblemPride
JFK-HND
SEA-HND (not NRT)
ATL-HND (again, not NRT)
LAX-ORD
I’m sure all of these flights would be at HND now if DL had the slots for them.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 4:21 am

Programs: 3MM DM, DL Reserve, HH Diamond, Nat Exec Elite, SPG, PC, etc...
BHM-MSP...not asking for much IMO. Virtually everything connects in ATL and getting to smaller Midwest Markets in the summer is miserable with WX.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 5:01 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by FireEmblemPride
JFK-HND
SEA-HND (not NRT)
ATL-HND (again, not NRT)
LAX-ORD
Be careful what you wish for as there's no Sky Club lounge at Tokyo-HND, meaning eligible customers not in business-class don't have access unless they have a third-party lounge membership card like Priority Pass.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 5:24 am

DTW or MSP-TXL

Since Air Berlin folded and ORD-TXL was cancelled, there has been no way to get from the midwest to Berlin and back without 2 changes or an extended layover in Newark on UA.

Last edited by tj1616; Jun 24, 2018 at 5:26 am Reason: typo
Old Jun 24, 2018, 7:10 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by tj1616
Since Air Berlin folded and ORD-TXL was cancelled, there has been no way to get from the midwest to Berlin and back without 2 changes or an extended layover in Newark on UA.
Doesn't DL fly JFK-TXL? Once BER opens I'm sure there will be flights from every hub east of the rockies (assuming we're even still alive when that happens).
Old Jun 24, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by davus000
RDU - SJC / SFO, please! pretty please!??!?!?!?
RDU - LAS
RDU - LHR
+1 on the RDU-SJC. SFO would be ok, but SJC would be killer for tech traffic.

I'd also like to see RDU-CHI and RDU-BHM. Bringing back RDU-MEM would be nice too.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 10:32 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Considering there are already UA and AS RDU-SFO nonstops, SJC might be more likely. But is there enough O/D?

MEM-RDU almost certainly has enough traffic to support a daily CRJ. It's one of the top 2 MEM O/D routes without a nonstop (BOS is other, I don't remember offhand which is bigger).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.