Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Old Jun 18, 2018, 10:44 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
ALB->JFK

Its such a pain to backtrack to DTW to get to JFK for international travel. Im surprised there isnt more traffic between the capital (Albany) and NYC, but I think there must be some agreement between the airports and Amtrak, since you cant even attempt to book ALB->NYC on Delta at all (even with connections )

GRR->SLC

Grand Rapids is really expanding. Itd be nice to get farther west than just MSP.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Depending where you'll be living in the S.A. area, it can be only a few minutes longer drive to AUS. Toll 130 from Seguin at 85mph and with basically no traffic makes for a quick drive for those living in the cities NE and Easy of SA. AUS also gets much cheaper fares and more frequency. AUS F can be as cheap as SAT Y.
Yes, already seeing and experiencing this, as I have already booked some trips in/out of both SAT and AUS. Booked a one-way return flight into AUS from JFK. JFK-SAT one-way was $360 in Y and $1,075 in F. JFK-AUS was $290 in Y and $420 in F. I went with JFK-AUS in F.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I'm surprised MEM-SLC isn't operated. Even PMDL operated it before the merger. It was one of the first E170 routes back in 2006.
This one surprises me a bit as well. Granted MEM has okay service on AA and UA and some LCC options to points west, but MEM went from having a hub with a lot of service on DL (NW) to now DL flyers going anywhere out west have to either backtrack to ATL or fly north and out of the way to DTW or MSP or fly all the way west to LAX and then still either backtrack or connect up the coast.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:27 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
MSP-MAN

Also, restore the 1x/day MSP-PVD
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:57 pm

SEA - TPE would make SE Asia much more accessible on DL, especially if they do westbound as red-eye to time it with morning connections from TPE on China Airlines.

SEA - HKG would be also nice .
jazzhou likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 12:09 am

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
SEA-RNO
Old Jun 19, 2018, 1:17 am

Programs: Delta 1MM, Delta SM, United Silver, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
someone has mentioned ATL-HKG and I second that and it baffles me that they haven't offered DCA-BOS n/s for a few years now. I freq that route and fly everyone except for DL, incl SW from BWI-BOS.
patthebunny likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 1:57 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by manacit
It'll probably never happen, but I would love any DL service at SBP. UA seems to have been able to make a go of SBP-DEN, which I think is now at twice daily most days (after only launching under a year ago).

SBP-SLC seems the most likely (and would be the most useful for connecting from the east), though I'd take LAX/SEA. As it is today, I usually end up flying to SFO or SJC and driving.
Yes please. Anything from SBA or MRY would be nice too.

I believe DL served SBP/SBA-SLC until the financial downtown about a decade ago. It would be great to see those flights come back.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 2:34 am

Programs: DL Plat HH
Year round HNL-LAS
Old Jun 19, 2018, 5:57 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by beachmouse
PNS or VPS to MSP or DTW. I'm nor fussy; I just want to see a non-ATL connection option again and know Memphis isn't coming back.
+1

PNS is growing by 2%-3% per year, and has grown by 14% over the last 8 years. There really isn't a viable alternative within an hour east, west, or north.

DL PNS-ATL is 40% of the entire business of PNS. Other connection options would be awesome. I fly to DTW/FNT 2x-3x per year, and with kids, we try to avoid the connection in ATL. We drive 3 hours to MSY for the DTW flight. It's incredibly inexpensive due to the competition with Spirit.

Selfishly, PNS to MCO/TPA would be invaluable. Silver has this route, but their reliability is laughable. My uninformed opinion is that an RJ 2x/day on these routes will fill up in a heartbeat.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 6:03 am

Programs: Delta PM Hhonors Gold
DCA - SFO. They already have a daily direct from DCA - LAX, but we never seem to have to go to LA
Old Jun 19, 2018, 7:13 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
ALB->JFK

Its such a pain to backtrack to DTW to get to JFK for international travel. Im surprised there isnt more traffic between the capital (Albany) and NYC, but I think there must be some agreement between the airports and Amtrak, since you cant even attempt to book ALB->NYC on Delta at all (even with connections )

GRR->SLC

Grand Rapids is really expanding. Itd be nice to get farther west than just MSP.
I might even say ALB -> BOS would have more O&D traffic.... long drive and only 1 train a day. Would hopefully be timed for TATL connections at BOS.
cfw and Pianoman109876 like this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by hnewman
Is this seasonal? I am thinking of moving near there and will be flying hard for my last year before retirement. I need and SLC-ELP connection for work. Thanks in advance.
SLC/ELP is on the schedule as far out as it goes, (May 16, 2019) So that's a good sign at least

Originally Posted by DLmedalliongold
Would love a DAL-SLC flight to compliment DFW... Would also love less MD-88s on DFW-ATL. DFW-SEA and DFW-SFO would be nice too.
I think DL had DAL- SLC & MSP and maybe one more place on the schedule when the Wright amendment was scheduled to be amended. But that was before WN/UA made the deal to shut DL out of DAL. So depending on court findings, that could theoretically come back.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 7:18 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I'm surprised MEM-SLC isn't operated. Even PMDL operated it before the merger. It was one of the first E170 routes back in 2006.
MEM-SLC stuck around for a while after the dehubbing, but not too long. Considering how absolutely packed MEM-LAX is I'm surprised they can't make MEM-SLC work.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 7:22 am

Programs: Delta DM, HH Diamond
DTW-TLV, even if it's just once a week. Why not have non-stops to TLV from DTW and MSP once a week, LAX twice a week and ATL three times a week. That would add one daily non-stop a day to TLV without just adding it on to JFK.
patthebunny likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.