Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2021, 9:24 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Selfish of me, but I would love to see RSW-LAX non-stop, at least seasonal. AS started that route last November about 4X weekly, and since that is a route I will use every other month, it would be difficult to convince the wife to connect in ATL, DTW or MSP if there is a non-stop on someone else! Maybe a perfect route for the A220?
Old Jul 27, 2021, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
+1

RDU-LON (which I've been asking for a while, but no one listens to me)

RDU-SJC/SFO (same as above, preference for SJC)
Anything to LHR runs up against valuable slot issues. Do they offer RDU-LHR when AA already does or offer additional flight from hub-LHR?
Old Jul 27, 2021, 10:21 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
I'm glad to see DL is bringing back 1x daily PVD-MSP, but wish they had higher frequencies to both ATL and DTW, plus maybe add in a PVD-SLC flight. Lots of people in Eastern Connecticut as well as Rhode Island like using PVD and there's very few flights outside of east coast hubs.
VFR likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
I'd really like to see flights into Gatwick. I hate having to schlep to Heathrow go basically anywhere in the US.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Anything to LHR runs up against valuable slot issues. Do they offer RDU-LHR when AA already does or offer additional flight from hub-LHR?
And AA has the benefit of connecting RDU to the BA hub at LHR, while DL would be relying solely or almost solely on O&D traffic to fill RDU-LHR, except for maybe a handful of VS destinations that one could connect to going via LHR.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 12:13 am

LAX-ORD feels like it's really missing for some reason.
mrcool1122 likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 9:15 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
I put LON, not LHR. But regardless, the chances of Delta flying that route are zero, nada and zilch.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 12:08 pm

It looks like part of my wish came true. MCO-AMS is partially back on KLM, but depending on the day, there may be a stop in MIA along the way.

MCO-CDG would be good to connect to the rest of Europe through AF.
MCO-MAD to connect to Europe on Iberia (not pertinent to DL/ST).
Basically, please make MCO a DL focus city again.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by vinnmann
It looks like part of my wish came true. MCO-AMS is partially back on KLM, but depending on the day, there may be a stop in MIA along the way.

MCO-CDG would be good to connect to the rest of Europe through AF.
MCO-MAD to connect to Europe on Iberia (not pertinent to DL/ST).
Basically, please make MCO a DL focus city again.
The KLM MCO flight is just for the winter and ends in March 2022. It wouldn’t surprise me if KLM decides to drop it after this and return to flying non-stop to MIA full time (as it did pre-COVID) so hopefully DL will resume the MCO direct AMS flight next summer.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CMK10
I could really use RDU-DCA back. AA has a light schedule on this route now, I miss the competition on both schedule and pricing.
+1. We've contemplated a weekend trip up to DC a few times and the lack of RDU - DCA on DL is a real pain.

Originally Posted by fliesdelta
RDU-LON (which I've been asking for a while, but no one listens to me)

RDU-SJC/SFO (same as above, preference for SJC)
Pre-COVID, I was convinced we'd eventually see RDU - SJC/SFO on the A220 (if they aren't bound by range limitations anymore). It's the perfect long-thin route for the A220 and pre-COVID there was plenty of traffic between the tech companies that are on both ends.

Sadly I doubt we'll ever see RDU - LHR on DL. The only reason AA operates it (vs. pushing people to CLT for an easy connection) is the years of corporate travel that made the route profitable. If DL came in, I think it would hurt the profitability number for both airlines. The current setup with AA operating RDU - LHR and DL operating RDU - CDG (once they both come back) seems to be the right balance to have some competition to Europe while ensuring both airline are profitable enough to keep the route. Both airlines get the O&D to LHR and CDG respectively and both capture business travel into the rest of Europe (I've flown RDU - CDG - XYZ numerous times and know colleagues who were AA loyal who have done RDU - LHR - XYZ).

I would hate to see DL (or even UA) come in with another flight to Europe and in doing so kill the profitability for everyone and make the routes disappear.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Duke787
+1. We've contemplated a weekend trip up to DC a few times and the lack of RDU - DCA on DL is a real pain.

RDU-DCA is currently scheduled to return on 10/6 at 4x daily.
Duke787 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
The KLM MCO flight is just for the winter and ends in March 2022. It wouldn’t surprise me if KLM decides to drop it after this and return to flying non-stop to MIA full time (as it did pre-COVID) so hopefully DL will resume the MCO direct AMS flight next summer.
I am optimistically hoping the trial through Mar will be enough of a success that KL will do both MCO and MIA full or part time. Perhaps some days a non-stop to both destinations and other days doing the loop that they are doing currently. A KL 789 sounds like a better ride than a DL 763 to me. With DL retiring so many widebodies over the last 1.5 years and plans to eliminate the 763's, is KL in a better fleet position to do both MIA & MCO? If DL sells it as a codeshare, are there any staffing/regulatory issues that would make it better or worse for DL to start MCO-AM again versus KL doing it?
Old Aug 2, 2021, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by vinnmann
I am optimistically hoping the trial through Mar will be enough of a success that KL will do both MCO and MIA full or part time. Perhaps some days a non-stop to both destinations and other days doing the loop that they are doing currently. A KL 789 sounds like a better ride than a DL 763 to me. With DL retiring so many widebodies over the last 1.5 years and plans to eliminate the 763's, is KL in a better fleet position to do both MIA & MCO? If DL sells it as a codeshare, are there any staffing/regulatory issues that would make it better or worse for DL to start MCO-AM again versus KL doing it?
Main issue is contract with pilots. The approvals for the JV requir that DL/AF/KL split the hours flying. it cant all be KLM metal to AMS. Thus why some cities got DL nonstop to AMS when otherwise KLM woyldve made sense.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 9:10 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
MSP to CHS

I think I'd go every weekend!
Old Aug 2, 2021, 10:20 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
LNK-GLS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.