Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by WWads
United just added a 2nd flight to SFO-HKG. It's pretty pathetic that DL could make their flight work.
SFO has a much larger Asian population who goes to Hong Kong than Seattle. Plus, flights from SFO-HKG are dirt cheap. I'm not sure how anyone is making money. There are up to seven SFO-HKG flights on a single day, it seems to be too many.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
SFO has a much larger Asian population who goes to Hong Kong than Seattle. Plus, flights from SFO-HKG are dirt cheap. I'm not sure how anyone is making money. There are up to seven SFO-HKG flights on a single day, it seems to be too many.
Doesnt UA still use HKG as a mini hub/focus city?
Old Jun 30, 2019, 2:34 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
LAS-RNO
The only way to get there is WN, one hour vs. connecting through SLC in 3 hours.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Doesnt UA still use HKG as a mini hub/focus city?
According to the Wikipedia Star Alliance page, Yes.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Not a route but I'll use this thread to say it: I wish SAT had a SkyClub (yea, probably a pipe-dream, I know).
Old Jul 1, 2019, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Not a route but I'll use this thread to say it: I wish SAT had a SkyClub (yea, probably a pipe-dream, I know).
Maybe not. If DL takes root at AUS, SAT is a natural next step for an increased TX presence. It’s really the only other option with DFW and IAH quite locked down.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: Delta DM for now
Originally Posted by puddinhead
LAS-RNO
The only way to get there is WN, one hour vs. connecting through SLC in 3 hours.
And those WN flights are loaded with intrastate business travelers so it's easy money for them. RNO is dominated by WN with over 40% of the market share. As far as DL is concerned, RNO is a lonely outpost that is largely ignored. I think it would be a huge step forward for them to offer a daily flight to any hub other than SLC.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 5:27 pm

Rdu-phx
rdu-osl
Old Jul 1, 2019, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Back to UA, missing DL; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by N830MH
How about more nonstop flight from JAX-LAX/SLC/SEA/RDU/AUS. Will they ever consider it?
JAX-RDU is happening, albeit just 1x and at crappy times (6 am departure out, late evening return).
N830MH likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by TuxTom
And those WN flights are loaded with intrastate business travelers so it's easy money for them. RNO is dominated by WN with over 40% of the market share. As far as DL is concerned, RNO is a lonely outpost that is largely ignored. I think it would be a huge step forward for them to offer a daily flight to any hub other than SLC.
it doesn’t help now, but DL used to fly DFW-RNO when DFW was a hub in the 90s.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 1:54 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
In leaked promo figured it showed Apple basically buys a plane's worth of premium seats a day on the SFO-HKG route. Unsurprising they're adding capacity.
SJC ORD LDR and Quinlanty like this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 7:34 am

Also Northwest flew MSP>>RNO at least in the mid-2000s.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by tom_MN
And in the 90s when Air Reno was around they had lots of cheap flights.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:38 am
Original Member

BHM-West

BHM-SLC seems a logical morning departure. Delta tried it years ago but scheduled a late afternoon departure that arrived in SLC with only 30 minute connections. Needless to say, many misconnects and overnight stays occurred.

BHM-LAX? BHM-BOS?
From Birmingham Business Journal, August 23, 2018:
"Want to see more nonstop flights out of the Birmingham airport?

So does Mayor Randall Woodfin.

As the Birmingham Airport Authority seeks to hire a consultant to help secure more nonstop domestic and international flights, Woodfin told AL.com he would like to see nonstop flights (or more flights) to Boston, San Francisco, New Orleans, Los Angeles, Philadelphia and Miami. Nonstop flights are already offered to New York City, Charlotte and Washington D.C., he said."
Old Jul 2, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: Delta DM for now
Originally Posted by Air Houston
Of course AA flies this route now, I think 2x daily. They also fly to LAX, PHX, and ORD. So 4 hubs they serve, compared to DLs 1.

Originally Posted by tom_MN
Technically, DL does fly MSP-RNO, but it's only 1x weekly on Saturdays in the summer plus a few extra days around the holidays. So it's pretty much useless unless my travel happens to be on a summer Saturday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.