Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by gregsfortytwo

That’s some hilarious alphabet soup; I have a friend who works at LANL and still didn’t work it out until googling “FRIB airport code” resulted in the accelerator. 😂

Myself, I’ve been to Bangalore three times in the last year and especially with the demise of Jet’s capacity to Europe I’d like a direct flight from LAX or at least a trans-Pac route.
With basically an annual trip to BLR, I'd love to see DL or KL make up the lost Jet capacity, with either ATL-BLR or AMS-BLR (have to imagine this one will be coming), or even have KE add an ICN-BLR route (if only that were a cheaper or more readily available option).
Old Apr 22, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: Delta DM / 4MM; HHonors Diamond
I would really like to see the non-stop ATL-TLV route come back. That flight solved a lot of problems and made my life a whole lot easier .... though, I admit, I'm probably in the vast minority here.
spongenotbob and EZEDoesIt like this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by blueflyer3
Wow, this is up there with LAX-ORD in the "I can't believe DL doesn't fly this". But they'd be the 5th airline on BOS-DEN so I get it.
I think you may see this when DL moves to ORD Terminal 5 in a couple of years. I was stunned that DL started RDU-ORD (which is my commuter route, so I'm thrilled), although they downsized it from 3xE75 to 2xCR7+1xCR9 before they started flying it.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 12:12 pm
formerly jackvogt

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
I know it's close to DTW, but I am sick of having to go through ORD or CLT to get to Toledo. It's expensive and inefficient.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 12:50 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles/Marriott Bonvoy/National Car Rental/South West Rapid Rewards
DTW to OAK

A couple of years back delta got ATL to OAK as seasonal. Right now I fly, DTW to SFO or DTW to SJC. Would really like them to start DTW to OAK for better connectivity to east bay.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jackvogt
I know it's close to DTW, but I am sick of having to go through ORD or CLT to get to Toledo. It's expensive and inefficient.
That (aircraft) has departed. Delta wants you to drive to DTW. AA wants you to connect in ORD or CLT. And then there's Allegiant. That's it. Toledo Express - the country's 213th largest airport for passenger arrivals according to BTS statistics.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by jackvogt
Just out of curiosity, why do you connect to get to TOL? DTW is ~45 min from downtown Toledo. ATL-ORD is the same flying time as ATL-DTW, so by the time you spend just connecting in ORD for a layover to then get to TOL, you could have driven to downtown Toledo from DTW. Heck, DTW is as close to TOL as it is to some parts of the Detroit metro area.
(I'm not judging you - my motto is "why fly direct when you can connect?" - I've done connections for weirder reasons too. I also get status and extra segments/elite miles from the extra hops)
strickerj likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Originally Posted by skakade
A couple of years back delta got ATL to OAK as seasonal.
Didn't they cancel it before it began?
Old Apr 22, 2019, 1:51 pm

BNE to SEA/PDX/anywhere-but-LAX
Old Apr 22, 2019, 4:17 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
I think you may see this when DL moves to ORD Terminal 5 in a couple of years. I was stunned that DL started RDU-ORD (which is my commuter route, so I'm thrilled), although they downsized it from 3xE75 to 2xCR7+1xCR9 before they started flying it.
WHAT? I never got that memo. When did RDU-ORD start?
Old Apr 22, 2019, 4:25 pm

Programs: Several...
Charlotte to SAN or SNA or LAX or LGB.

This is lame...

Old Apr 22, 2019, 5:10 pm

Programs: Marriott, IHG, Delta, United
DTW-ELP for automotive industry reasons. Like most of West Texas, the destination can be difficult or impossible to get there on Delta. But of all the West Texas cities, DTW-ELP would be a real nice addition for me and a lot of people I work with (and are sick of flying the route on AA/WN).
Old Apr 22, 2019, 5:20 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by soliloquy
Charlotte to SAN or SNA or LAX or LGB.

This is lame...

It isn't going to change. Delta is never big on doing a lot of routes out of competitor hubs, especially when said hubs are smaller cities like Charlotte. LAX is also an AA hub so Delta has an uphill battle getting higher yield passengers on either end.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
WHAT? I never got that memo. When did RDU-ORD start?
A couple of weeks ago. Timed for RDU origins. 3x weekdays, 2x Sunday, 1x Saturday.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 4:33 am

Programs: Several...
Originally Posted by ethernal
It isn't going to change. Delta is never big on doing a lot of routes out of competitor hubs, especially when said hubs are smaller cities like Charlotte. LAX is also an AA hub so Delta has an uphill battle getting higher yield passengers on either end.
1. This is a wishful thinking thread, so I posted in that light.

2. Charlotte is larger than Seattle, Salt Lake City, Minneapolis, Cincinnati, Boston, Atlanta and Detroit. Of the hubs in the photo, only Los Angeles and New York are larger so your population argument is curious. Could you elaborate?

3. We agree on the uphill battle. Charlotte is more than just a hub for American, it is it's most profitable hub. Any substantial encroachment on its bottom line and American would be making threats not unlike US Airways did before they merged together. Nonetheless, Charlotteans would certainly utilize a new competitive airlines (if they didn't have to connect in Atlanta). We already pay 20% more in airfare compared to most other cities and I guarantee, we are tired of it. Many people drive to Raleigh, Greensboro, and even Columbia SC for cheaper fares.

Last edited by soliloquy; Apr 23, 2019 at 4:40 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.