Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
How about FLL-PHX, FLL-LAX, FLL-NAS, FLL-LAS, PHX-SFO, PHX-SAN, PHX-HNL, PHX-OGG, PHX-LIH, PHX-KOA or JAX-PHX.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by WhiskeyBravo
I think I see where you're going with it. If I look at gcmap though, SLC gets the job done pretty well. DEN might be better. Great Circle Mapper
AUS is really far south, if we wanted to put it in Texas DAL looks like a much better choice geographically.
Agree, in no way do I think AUS will be a full fledged hub (at least not until the late 2030s when those 32 additional gates might be completed as part of the master plan ).

/s

Worth remembering the scope of increase possible at least given what we know;
27 peak departures daily at present, going to 50 if the rumors are correct. Gives them 23 additional turns per day, if they were to do 2x daily, then we're looking at something like 11 destinations. I would get 0 utility out of 1x daily, especially if they were at random middle of day times like the CVG service.

I want added service to:
a. key markets, which is definitely the top priority to possible cities mentioned in earlier posts, but also
b. to big-enough markets that would require serious backtracking from a DL hub;
BHM might be tough, but stuff like MSY, STL, and MCI, maybe even IND.

Having had to fly these routes, I found I could not fly DL and had to choose WN because of the timing offered as a result of the routings. MCI was particularly egregious in that I flew directly over it an hour in the wrong direction to MSP. If only I had a parachute...

c. international service. BA upgauged their 787 to a 747 to LHR. Lufthansa is taking over from Condor to FRA year-round. DL has done one off for SXSW using a 764 to AMS. Would love to see it become permanent to establish parity with the other alliance offerings.

AUS is no PDX so not a snowball's chance in a Texas summer of seeing TPAC service, but that would be fun.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
How about more nonstop flight from JAX-LAX/SLC/SEA/RDU/AUS. Will they ever consider it?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by N830MH
How about FLL-PHX, FLL-LAX, FLL-NAS, FLL-LAS, PHX-SFO, PHX-SAN, PHX-HNL, PHX-OGG, PHX-LIH, PHX-KOA or JAX-PHX.
In favoer of all of the proposals that have to do with FLL. OTOH, I do not think that starting a war in that HP-US-nowAA fortress hub of PHX would be found very appealing to the DL route planners. At least in FLL they will, in a few years if they can keep the County out of the reconstruction of their terminal, have the capacity to expand what is already a rather successful focus city operation.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
The route map shows DTW-SEA/PDX/SMF/SFO/SJC/LAX/SNA/SAN. MSP adds PSP. Where do you want to go?
MSP would add GEG and PSC, which currently require an extra connection and I fly frequently.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: DL, UA
Crossing my fingers for CLE-SEA. Shoot, I'll even take a CLE-LAX!

Skycubbie
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:11 am

Programs: DL, UA
While we're at it: DL, please feel free to start CLE-CDG! A 757 can make the journey just fine.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:55 pm

Programs: DL,US
Ski Flights from NYC!

NYC based ski flights. BZE, EGE, RNO, HDN, MTJ, ABQ, YYC, JAC more than Saturdays....given the incomes of NYC area Delta loyalists, its highly likely many ski, and its a mystery to me why DL lets UA and AA sweep up all the high yield traffic on EGE and doesnt try to compete with UA on many of the others. The JAC flight is an interesting use of a transatlantic airplane in the winter, and Im sure other such flights could make money too. SLC connections arent really that great either, as they drive more backtracking than UA through DEN for smaller places like ASE, SUN, Kelwona/Revelstoke and Gunnison.

As long as Im dreaming, once ASE widens the runway, I would bet the A220 could get there from NYC. What an idea for a LGA Saturday flight. Investment bankers on vacation would hit that hard.

Lack of RNO is particularly awful as the only alternative is Jetblue....which diverts often, is uncomfortable, and expensive.....
Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by PupManS
NYC based ski flights. BZE, EGE, RNO, ...
skiing in Belize? lol (guessing you meant BZN / Bozeman)
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
What is the obsession with Texas? Between AA, UA, and WN you should be set.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:59 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
this is 100% from a place of selfishness and has no reflection of any actual viability. I would love to see LAS-PHL since my parents live closest to PHL which is otherwise a real pain to get to (not in availability, but in actual flight performance and cost)
Old Feb 16, 2019, 1:33 am

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
It might be nice to have RNO to LAX/SEA/PDX to connect to the TransPAC/LANT flights. It's always a PITA to always having to go through SLC for everything and then make another connection to head across the pond. Some flights to either DTW or MSP wouldn't hurt either. DL should be able to steal some business from AA and UA with the growth up here in the distribution and tech manufacturing (think Switch and Tesla(we've got the battery mega factory which will survive even if (when) the car business tanks)) sectors..
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:19 am

Programs: delta , Priority club, Air Tran, Swiss airlines, Air Canada, Centurion; Amex Platinum,etc

DL does ATL-ZRH currently, albeit seasonally.
My self and family used to fly this route at a minimum 12 times yearly and the flights were always full or nearly full. Since Delta in their wisdom dropped it for seasonal 3 months in the summer we now fly Swiss
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:52 am

Anywhere from the west coast to HKG.
HohoGAP likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by Visconti
Anywhere from the west coast to HKG.
They killed SEA-HKG in favor of the JV with KE.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.