Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2018, 7:29 am

I realize a pipe dream, but PBI/FLL-EWR would be awesome so that I could avoid UNITED.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by CloneCones
DAL to literally anywhere else besides ATL. Prefer MSP/SLC/LAX but I'll take anything.

Hell I'll take more flights out of both Dallas Airports but it just won't ever happen.
DL had announced at least DAL MSP and I think DTW and maybe SLC. I believe they were even selling tickets for them too. But then UA sold their gates that DL had been leasing to WN for an astronomical amount of money. And DL has essentially been using squatters rights to keep their DAL/ATL going until the courts issue a final ruling.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Prem Exec
Originally Posted by FireEmblemPride
JFK-HND
SEA-HND (not NRT)
ATL-HND (again, not NRT)
HNL-HND (...see where I'm going with this?)
LAX-ORD
Where are you flying that MSP-HND (or LAX-HND) does not satisfy your needs?

If you need to end/begin your journey in Tokyo, then MSP and LAX are designed for you. Otherwise, you are connecting at NRT for the handful of remaining onward flights DL has from NRT.

It'll stay this way for at least a few more years until DL can secure additional HND slots.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Prem Exec
Originally Posted by hksinging
A non-stop route that connects these two international financial centers is overdue.
Unlikely that DL serves HKG directly anytime in the near future. The move is clearly to send connecting traffic through ICN on partner KE, and offer long/thin routes to the destinations that either demand it (PVG/PEK/NGO), want to maintain a share of a restricted resource (HND) or they have a partner on the other end (ICN). The recent SEA-KIX announcement at the expense of SEA-HKG is a bit of a head-scratcher. DL operated this a few years back and it did not do well at all. One wonders what has changed in the market.

For the remainder of Asia, once stalwart routes via a simple NRT connection are now left to be handled by partners, e.g. GUM, TPE, BKK, HKG -- one wonders if SIN and MNL are on the chopping block next, as the NRT hub (or its remnants) are not long for this world.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kop84
DL had announced at least DAL MSP and I think DTW and maybe SLC. I believe they were even selling tickets for them too. But then UA sold their gates that DL had been leasing to WN for an astronomical amount of money. And DL has essentially been using squatters rights to keep their DAL/ATL going until the courts issue a final ruling.
LGA, LAX, DTW, and MSP (no SLC)

https://news.delta.com/delta-plans-e...las-love-field
Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA & AA Peeon, Hilton/Starwood Gold
IND-DCA
IND-AMS
IND-SFO
and just for the hell of it...DTW-BEY
Old Jul 12, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: United-1K, Marriott-Titanium Ambassador, Hyatt-Globalist
Originally Posted by kop84
Originally Posted by LBJ

Wow I had no idea. Have only lived in Dallas and been on the road since 2015 so a touch before my time. WN treats Love Field like a child sometimes.

Love Field had 70 gates back in the day. Now it has 20. 18 of which are owned by WN. Just add 10 more gates and everyone can stop complaining.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 7:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by CloneCones
Wow I had no idea. Have only lived in Dallas and been on the road since 2015 so a touch before my time. WN treats Love Field like a child sometimes.

Love Field had 70 gates back in the day. Now it has 20. 18 of which are owned by WN. Just add 10 more gates and everyone can stop complaining.
DAL is not getting anymore gates without an agreement with all 5 parties involved in the WA removal, which will never happen. Hopefully with AS cutting DAL-LGA/DCA, they can just share one of their gates with DL and this whole fiasco can be over. I would love to see DL add more flights from DAL, but as long as AS is still at DAL, DL won’t have the gates to expand. Heck even if AS leaves DAL, I bet the DOJ and the City of Dallas won’t want to give the Gates to DL.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by LBJ
Thank you, I couldn't find the actual details so I was going purely from memory. I just knew there were several additional cities DL was planning on serving from DAL.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 11:23 am

Programs: United-1K, Marriott-Titanium Ambassador, Hyatt-Globalist
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer

DAL is not getting anymore gates without an agreement with all 5 parties involved in the WA removal, which will never happen. Hopefully with AS cutting DAL-LGA/DCA, they can just share one of their gates with DL and this whole fiasco can be over. I would love to see DL add more flights from DAL, but as long as AS is still at DAL, DL won’t have the gates to expand. Heck even if AS leaves DAL, I bet the DOJ and the City of Dallas won’t want to give the Gates to DL.
AA would be against anything that threatens their Dallas stronghold so they would be against it. I think the other airlines would be cool with it if they got a piece of the pie.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 7:43 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
Originally Posted by TheMoose
Where are you flying that MSP-HND (or LAX-HND) does not satisfy your needs?

If you need to end/begin your journey in Tokyo, then MSP and LAX are designed for you. Otherwise, you are connecting at NRT for the handful of remaining onward flights DL has from NRT.

It'll stay this way for at least a few more years until DL can secure additional HND slots.
I want as many options as possible for GUCs, IRROPS, timing, etc.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 9:45 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kmersh
I realize a pipe dream, but PBI/FLL-EWR would be awesome so that I could avoid UNITED.
Hey it might happen. Delta started RDU-EWR three years ago and it's still flying!
Old Jul 16, 2018, 1:18 pm
cfw

Programs: UA, DL, LH, Marriott, Amex
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer

You are right. They probably would have before this debacle started, but DL spending all of their political capital to ramrod a measly handful of flights to Atlanta can hardly be worth it. Meanwhile they do not even offer direct flights to SEA or BOS from DFW.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cfw
You are right. They probably would have before this debacle started, but DL spending all of their political capital to ramrod a measly handful of flights to Atlanta can hardly be worth it. Meanwhile they do not even offer direct flights to SEA or BOS from DFW.
It can help establish case precedent. Thus giving DL a better hand if they get into a similar fight over gates.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 9:59 am

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
YYC-ATL. Though I am guessing it's just a matter of time before WS launches this route with a DL flight number - ugh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.