Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Old Jun 29, 18, 8:28 am

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by 3Cforme View Post
MAF is useful for a trip to Big Bend NP. MAF is a lot closer than ELP and big parts of the drive aren't particularly scenic either way.
Yeah, yeah. But Midland and Odessa are still places that I want to minimize the risk of ending up in. They have no redeeming qualities. Odessa, in fact, has been called the worst town on earth and the armpit of Texas. Midland is barely better.
Old Jun 29, 18, 9:22 am

Programs: DL GM/Hilton Gold
For the sake of my sole convenience, however impractical, ALB-SAT. Although, when I take the ALB-MSP-SAT route, I at least get to "visit" home.
Old Jun 29, 18, 9:35 am

Programs: HH Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR View Post

Silver does MCO-PNS, so there is at least a nonstop flying option.
Silver is barely a viable option for PNS-TPA/MCO. Im averaging a 50% cancellation/delays on this route with them.

If DL started this, myself or colleagues would be on it weekly.
Old Jun 29, 18, 11:00 am

Programs: Mileage Plus Premier 1K, SkyMiles Gold Medallion, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by taxicabnumber View Post
The LHR-DXB was timed for local traffic, not US connections, so while I have no idea about ATL - DXB having a chance of coming back I'm pretty sure that decision would be independent of VS cutting LHR-DXB.

I do wonder what VS is going to do with that slot, though, given that it'll have to be replaced with another late evening departure out of LHR making it tricky to use it for a new US flight..
The timing of the slot makes me think it can really only be used for another Middle East/India/Africa flight. CAI, TLV, NBO, and BOM are some destinations that come to mind. With the JV being expanded to include destinations past the UK, maybe one of these places is included.
Old Jun 29, 18, 12:57 pm

Programs: DL GM, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
Id love for DL to fly ROA to any hub besides ATL, most of where I want to go requires ROA-ATL-another hub-final destination.
I can drive the 1:30 to GSO and get to DTW but Id much rather be able to take an ROA to DTW flight.
Old Jun 29, 18, 3:38 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by 3Cforme View Post
IIRC, Delta dropped DTW-BGR not too long after it implemented the 750-mile, 2-class plane rule. I guess they didn't see something bigger than a CR2 as viable.
Oh yeah. I really don't remember this route ever being on a CR2. I know DTW-PWM used to be the longest CR2 route out of DTW for a while, but that's on CR7/9 and 717s now. They added JFK when they dropped DTW. I think DTW is much more useful for connections than JFK. Since they also fly BGR - LGA, I don't think local traffic was much of a concern.

I thought of this when I'm trying to book a flight into PWM or BGR and I really hate going though NYC.
Old Jun 29, 18, 3:43 pm

Programs: DL GM, AAdvantage EXECPLAT, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
bring back JFK-Pisa (that airport was so little and cozy)! Also any routing to CPT.....I loved that city and country when I went a couple of years ago.

DL also need to do a little better in the Caribbean islands.....why such poor/no service to BGI? Can't they do SVG now that the new airport has opened like AA? CUR etc.
Brendan likes this.
Old Jun 29, 18, 5:24 pm

MCO-DCA
MCO-SFO
MLB-DTW (for the Midwest and Asia connections)
ATL-CRP
Brendan likes this.
Old Jun 29, 18, 9:35 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, JL Sapphire
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider View Post
Be careful what you wish for as there's no Sky Club lounge at Tokyo-HND, meaning eligible customers not in business-class don't have access unless they have a third-party lounge membership card like Priority Pass.
I have a Japanese credit card that affords simple lounge access, but even then I'd take a lounge-less HND over the trek to NRT any day. It's irrelevant for arrivals anyway.
Old Jun 30, 18, 10:13 pm

Programs: DL -DM, CO - PM
YES!!! JFK - TXL please. In the winter. Now and forever.
BER Flyer, AANYC1981 and manacit like this.
Old Jun 30, 18, 10:37 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-FO, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Platinum Premier Lifetime
slc-lnk
slc-pvg
slc-zrh
Old Jul 1, 18, 12:12 am

Programs: DL DM
Sea-tpa
sea-syd
Old Jul 1, 18, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR View Post
Oh yeah. I really don't remember this route ever being on a CR2. I know DTW-PWM used to be the longest CR2 route out of DTW for a while, but that's on CR7/9 and 717s now.
I'll ask you to trust me on DTW-BGR as a CR2. I'm on DTW-PWM regularly. When they announced the 750-mile/2-class rule (2010?) I looked at DTW-BGR (750 statute miles per Great Circle Mapper) and asked myself what they would do on that... We got our answer.

PWM has a lot of seasonality out of DTW & ATL. DTW-PWM goes from 3x CR9 on an August Monday to 2x CR9 on a January Monday. ATL-PWM goes from 3x MD-90 to 1x MD-88.
Old Jul 1, 18, 8:31 am

Programs: Delta-Million miler
Nonstop MCO-DCA has been on my wish list; unfortunately, my frequent visits to DCA (by other carriers that fly direct) might come to an end next year and I may not care if Delta flies non-stop to DCA from MCO.
Old Jul 1, 18, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by pbarnette View Post

Yeah, yeah. But Midland and Odessa are still places that I want to minimize the risk of ending up in. They have no redeeming qualities. Odessa, in fact, has been called the worst town on earth and the armpit of Texas. Midland is barely better.
Oh, but Big Bend is worth it. I'll point you to UT's McDonald Observatory and, if you're taking kids, Balmorhea State Park. Think of AA's 6x daily MAF- DFW as your escape plan!

Search this Thread