Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2018, 3:42 am

Programs: SQ Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, DL Silver, AS MVP, B6 Mosaic, QR, EY, KE, CX, PR
SEA - MNL (won't happen due to low yield) nice alternative to PR nonstop from MNL. Will bring competition.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by rylan
BOS-MSY It was just seasonal for a few weekends around mardi gras
BOS-STT Hoping this comes back as the island recovers. It was slated to start earlier this year but got suspended after the hurricanes

BOS-BCN
BOS-MUC
Oh, JFK-NRT also... miss that service, but we know thats not going to happen with NRT being killed off. So maybe JFK-ICN.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 6:34 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by kavok
AMEN! Such a pain that Delta doesn't have more flights to the west from DTW.
I would rather fly DL, but end up booking on United or American because connecting in ATL to go west is too much out of the way. Would love to finally get some SkyMiles flying direct from DTW to ELP, TUS, ABQ, SJC, and SMF. Now I a stuck on United/AA. Blah.
A couple of years ago, I had to go RDU-PHX weekly for a few months. I quickly learned to intentionally book RDU-DTW-PHX. As a PM, upgrades were a sure bet out of DTW where I'd be in the teens/20's on the upgrade list out of ATL. The loads going west out of DTW were always light for some reason.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by rylan
Oh, JFK-NRT also... miss that service, but we know thats not going to happen with NRT being killed off. So maybe JFK-ICN.
KE has x2 A380 ICN/JFK flights daily. The only scenario I could see DL flying that route, would be if DL/KE agree there that x2A380 is too much capacity for the route, and DL takes over one of the flights and uses a 777 or 359. Depending on yields that could be a good move, but then again there aren't a ton of routes that support 380 service profitably so that may be the sticking point. So I'd say DL opperating JFK/ICN is 50/50 right now.

Added: I guess the second scenario would be that DL/KE agree that x2 A380 is not enough service given the new partnership and DL adds a 777 or 359

Last edited by kop84; Jun 20, 2018 at 7:37 am
Old Jun 20, 2018, 9:10 am

SEA-OAK

OAK is (by far?) the largest airport in the west without SEA service at this point
Old Jun 20, 2018, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta - PM , MM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Peon
LAX (or SFO) to SIN would be good for me.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by tanglin
LAX (or SFO) to SIN would be good for me.
Agreed, bully UA out of the *a monopoly they have on the US to Singapore. Would love to see LAX-SIN on the A350 or 777 with D1 Suites. Or (one can dream) an all D1 777 ATL-SIN to compete with Singapore Airlines EWR-SIN coming up.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by monitor
FLL, MIA, or PBI to DCA
MIA to DCA already exists as a seasonal flight.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by hi55us
Agreed, bully UA out of the *a monopoly they have on the US to Singapore. Would love to see LAX-SIN on the A350 or 777 with D1 Suites. Or (one can dream) an all D1 777 ATL-SIN to compete with Singapore Airlines EWR-SIN coming up.
I wonder if we'll get SEA-SIN when the new customs facility at SeaTac is finished.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
MIA to DCA already exists as a seasonal flight.
Do ~12 flights a year really mean anything? For the 99% of DL pax who fly this route, a non-stop option isn’t available. If DL were to add MCO-DCA daily again (probably won’t happen with most of the routes listed on here) I would use it very frequently.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:53 am

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Originally Posted by kop84
I wonder if we'll get SEA-SIN when the new customs facility at SeaTac is finished.
Given that HKG was dropped, and that DL doesn’t have the right sized aircraft for the route, I don’t think it will happen.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer

Given that HKG was dropped, and that DL doesn’t have the right sized aircraft for the route, I don’t think it will happen.
You're probably right. Even if DL had the 787, SIN is so far away and has so much competition relative to the distance that it's likely not worth it, especially if KE can work like AF/KL do in Europe.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kop84
I'll go out on a limb and say that DL won't grow that much more at SEA, even when the new customs facility is finished. I think the smart play is to expand at LAX, where the O/D market is much stronger. The failure of SEA-HKG is not a good look for DL's SEA hub.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by WWads
I'll go out on a limb and say that DL won't grow that much more at SEA, even when the new customs facility is finished. I think the smart play is to expand at LAX, where the O/D market is much stronger. The failure of SEA-HKG is not a good look for DL's SEA hub.
It certainly will be interesting. I don't think it's projected to open until late next year. TPAC is such an odd thing right now with so much excess capacity industry wide but at the same time nearly unlimited untapped potential if some of the emerging economies ever emerge.

There certainly are options out there but it is an interesting though if DL can't make SEA/HKG work, then what other potential markets in Asia would?

I do wonder if it wouldn't make some sense to move the LAX/SYD flight to SEA as LAX is still covered by VA.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 3:28 pm

Location: NYC, ROC, HNL, PEN, BKK, KUL, SIN (check out http://my.flightmemory.com/kkua)
Programs: DL Diamond charter member; 2 million miler (45% from NWA, 2MM achieved 5/2018)
Bring back the awesome NWA 5th freedom routes!!! Also, build a T-Pac hub in HNL in light of NRT's demise. Use Icelandair's KEF model and give us a free HNL stopover in either direction. SEA is too difficult of a hub to maintain.

KUL-KIX, KHH-NRT, SYD-KIX, PUS-NRT, CAN-NRT, AMS-BOM, SYD-EZE or AKL-GRU

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.