Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Could my flight be downgraded to a CRJ900?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Could my flight be downgraded to a CRJ900?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2018, 8:31 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, TSA Pre-Check
I know for a while on Saturday's Delta Connection was operating a CRJ 900 on the ATL-GCM flight in the late afternoon (they were flying 3 flights a day on Saturdays).....that flight would then overnight and return back on Sunday morning early. I used to think it had to do with the crew rest in GCM however over Spring Break this past year they swapped it from a CRJ 900 to an MD 88....I think its hit or miss depending on the time of the year.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
Let’s hope it’s an A320...
Old Jun 21, 2018, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by LY777
Let’s hope it’s an A320...
if it doesn't end up as DL mainline metal, you may be eligible to ask them to change you back to DL mainline metal for no cost, citing a change in operating carrier versus what you booked. keep an eye on it.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:02 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
It's one of these:

Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
if it doesn't end up as DL mainline metal, you may be eligible to ask them to change you back to DL mainline metal for no cost, citing a change in operating carrier versus what you booked. keep an eye on it.
thanks but I think they only have one daily flight
Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by davetravels
It's one of these:

lol
Old Jun 22, 2018, 4:23 am

Programs: Delta
off season it could be a much smaller aircraft on some days...I would call...get it straight and make sure your seats are okay. I learned years ago not to trust anything with Delta or any carrier. For me that small aircraft would not be a go for personal reasons so would be checking it out.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Turaj
off season it could be a much smaller aircraft on some days...I would call...get it straight and make sure your seats are okay. I learned years ago not to trust anything with Delta or any carrier. For me that small aircraft would not be a go for personal reasons so would be checking it out.
This is a known issue. It's been happening frequently. Unless the flight number changed to DL3XXX, DL4XXX, DL5XXX, or DL7XXX it's just the error that's happening lately. There's something being misread when it shows the type of plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.