Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Overheard by Delta employees

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2018, 8:51 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Oh--and I, too, object to the grammar in the title. Should be "Delta employees overheard" or "Overheard from Delta employes."
bawm, strickerj and Webogirl like this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 9:32 pm

Programs: DL GM/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hotturnip
Oh--and I, too, object to the grammar in the title. Should be "Delta employees overheard" or "Overheard from Delta employes."
To OP, if you edit the title, please ensure you capitalize each word of the title, excepting articles, for any words with more than 5 letters or first and last words regardless of length.
Can't help myself, it's a sickness. And yes, I make many mistakes anyway. Mostly, because I like Tuaca.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Webogirl
To OP, if you edit the title, please ensure you capitalize each word of the title, excepting articles, for any words with more than 5 letters or first and last words regardless of length.
Can't help myself, it's a sickness. And yes, I make many mistakes anyway. Mostly, because I like Tuaca.
check out the Delta Forum Lounge Thread if you ever want to Tuaca-bout it
strickerj likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jrl767

check out the Delta Forum Lounge Thread if you ever want to Tuaca-bout it

Since I'm not authorized to use groan, I'll say gag instead. 😁
Old Jun 16, 2018, 12:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Webogirl
OT, but I never heard of the five letter rule and there aren't any articles with five or more letters. Instinctively I would certainly capitalize all nouns and action verbs and not capitalize small prepositions, etc.

Your rule would say The sun also Rises, while I would write Ths Sun Also Rises or maybe The Sun also Rises. Similarly, I'd write Of Mice and Men rather than Of mice and Men
Old Jun 16, 2018, 1:36 am

Programs: DL GM/Hilton Gold
Well, the non-lazy way I should have posted would have resulted in more swyping than I initially wanted to do...so, to be not lazy: capitalize the first word of the title, the last word of the title, and all nouns, pronouns, verbs, adverbs, adjectives, subordinating conjunctions, and a few conjunctions. Prepositions are only capitalized f they are used adjectivally or adverbially.

But what do I know? Just a super long time luker who avoided the urge to post.

MSP, what side of the river if you're inclined to respond again? I've been curious for a while.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by DCP2016
I was sitting in a diner in downtown Atlanta right after the merger was done with and a couple former Northwest now Delta pilots were in the booth behind us complaining that they were PDX based and now have to commute to ATL lol.
NW did not have a PDX base.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 6:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by Jeff767

NW did not have a PDX base.
What I meant was they were from Portland.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.