Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Poll: top 5 things you would change relating to customer service if you were ED.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Poll: top 5 things you would change relating to customer service if you were ED.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2018, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Please list things you think would benefit the airline as a whole, and avoid things that would only benefit just you.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, National Car Executive
Improve the food quality in DeltaOne on transcon flights. In my opinion it was better a few years ago and the single tray as only made it worse. I realize the hard product is most important but the decline in quality has been disappointing to me.

Implement food orders in advance in First or DeltaOne.

Improve the food quality in the SkyClub. It was also better a few years ago.

Add capability to see RUC and GUC inventory online.

Make for sale, upgrade and award inventory data more readily available to third parties like ExpertFlyer.
CrazzySteve likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 9:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
I'm tired of having to call in to SDC/SDS, and to apply RUC/GUC. Moving both online would surely free up a great deal of phone customer service resources.

UA has this functionality, as does AA (with SDC/SDS).
Old Jun 15, 2018, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Heres mine:

1. More delta.com functionality. Its a huge shame and tremendous waste of manpower to be on hold with a representative or supervisor for things we should be able to do on the website... like flight changes with all routing options, or applying mileage upgrades or GUC and RUC's, or waitlisting on standby.. etc...
2. Find a way to get better feedback on employees. There are too many old salty flight attendants, and employees who just dont seem to care anymore, why are they still representing Delta? does the company not know, or have a way of getting feedback about them?
3. Better and more humane boarding process.
4. Make sure all upgrades go by the book, including pulling people up front if there are empty upgradable seats, and more actively punishing instances of SHENA.
5. Heres something small, but I think it would be really cool if diamonds and platinums received a bottle of water after boarding, even if they are not sitting up front. The gesture may go a long way, and might even incentivize golds to reach the next level.

One more little suggestion.. it would be really cool to get confirmed D1 upgrade, perhaps by combining a GUC and miles. Even if it was a ton of miles, I would absolutely do something like that.
strickerj and CrazzySteve like this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mfFrom35K

Improve the food quality in the SkyClub. It was also better a few years ago.

Make for sale, upgrade and award inventory data more readily available to third parties like ExpertFlyer.
Agreed on other points, but I think food quality in SkyClub keeps getting better all the time. I like how every club has their own regional food touches.

What really bugs me is that the markets where DL is not doing so well are the markets where the SKY club food is the best. Like Seattle I heard on their conference call that its the most underperforming market, but their skyclub and food there is awesome. but the Detroit skyclubs are terrible. Yet direct detroit tickets are some of the highest in the country because they have a monopoly there!
strickerj and CrazzySteve like this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Halloweverybody
2. Find a way to get better feedback on employees. There are too many old salty flight attendants, and employees who just dont seem to care anymore, why are they still representing Delta? does the company not know, or have a way of getting feedback about them?
Delta FAs (really, pretty much everybody except the pilots) are non-union -- and Delta wants to keep it that way. When a whiny passenger can get an FA fired there will be a call for a union election within 60 days.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Halloweverybody
Agreed on other points, but I think food quality in SkyClub keeps getting better all the time. I like how every club has their own regional food touches.

What really bugs me is that the markets where DL is not doing so well are the markets where the SKY club food is the best. Like Seattle I heard on their conference call that its the most underperforming market, but their skyclub and food there is awesome. but the Detroit skyclubs are terrible. Yet direct detroit tickets are some of the highest in the country because they have a monopoly there!
DTW and MSP both have generally poor SCs, but they're fortress hubs so DL need not invest a lot.

I'm not surprised that SEA is struggling. I don't think the TPAC traffic is materializing as much as DL had hoped, and domestic O/D seems pretty flooded. A year ago I would have said that AS is in trouble, but now it seems like they've done a decent job at defending their turf.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
1) Food -- can't believe how much it has gone downhill on domestic flights (though am quite pleased with the international Y offerings)

2) YBYL and other upgrade shenanigans -- ridiculous system, especially when UA easily and proactively is able to upgrade folks after they board and does so without issue 99% of the time

3) Ability to see upgrade inventory online -- even if it required some legwork (a la UA where you have to activate expert mode and be familiar with it to search for "R" space)
Old Jun 15, 2018, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Fix the broken SDC functionality online... I've literally never been able to successfully SDC a flight and have to call or use twitter instead, even with basic flights that they have no problem with.

Ability to see upgrade space on flights and apply RUC/GUC online.

More training and enforcement of processing upgrades. See GAs at certain stations too regularly just not process the upgrade list when there are misconnects and let a flight go out with empty F or have it to go a nonrev.

Give front line agents more authority to make decisions... it seems the new software interface doesn't let them do things and they have to call up or get a supervisor.
BamaGirl and CrazzySteve like this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
1. Have a competitive marketing plan to millenials for a MM program. 1mm SM 2 mm GM, 3 mm PM 4 mm DM 5 mm 360. Like UAL
2. Update food in 1st class domestic with 3 choices for dinner and breakfast
3. As Rylan said "More training and enforcement of processing upgrades. See GAs at certain stations too regularly just not process the upgrade list when there are misconnects and let a flight go out with empty F or have it to go a nonrev"
4. Follow the stated boarding rules and enforce
BamaGirl likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: UA- 1K, DL-DM, AA-G, BON-T
1) Being able to check GUC avails online - why oh why must we have to call??? What is the DL upside here?
2) Food in D1. I am actually ok with the regular F food as it keeps changing and has a diverse selection of food (meaning continental and ethnic). But D1, especially transcon, why does DL serve the same old food - chicken, beef, pasta and salmon. If I see salmon plank I’ll puke. Why never one dish that is ethnic - Thai chicken curry, Mexican something etc. UA and AA do it on their transcons. I mean the flight is supposedly for business travelers who live in NYC, LAX, and SFO. Does DL think we are stuck in Leave it to Beaver dinners of the 50’s.
3) Fix JFK T4 security. TSA Perchick closes too early in both T4 and T2, no clear in T4 and huge Precheck lines in T4 now that Emirates and the like all have access. Maybe it is time for a Skypriority & Precheck line (meaning you need both), Btw the airline staff uses the Precheck line to go through security, cuts the line and lays further. I’ve been going to T2 using clear and taking the bus to T4 my last three JFK-EU flights - this is not a world class experience
4) Domestic D1 should always have Sunday’s and not gelato (the kid in me)
5) GUCS usable on AF (past CDG and Y-J) and 9W (also priority boarding / seat selection). KL coded should be all fare classes like before not the YBM which makes no sense
Old Jun 15, 2018, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Republish skymiles award redemption charts.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Free Wifi (in first & Delta One)
See/apply GUC/RUC/miles upgrade availability online
Dine anytime/ improve food/ equal food budget onboard in Delta One (up budget on SLC, MSP, DTW, PDX, BOS, MCO and so on routes to 'NYC/ATL/LHR' levels)

Last edited by Grouchy; Jun 15, 2018 at 11:49 am
Old Jun 15, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: SPG P100, DL DM, B6 Mosaic
D1 TCON catering
Accelerate refurbs of 764s
Accelerate refurbs of ex-Gol 738s & ex-PRC 752s
Enforcement of boarding zones
RUC/GUC 2.0 -- moving from certs to a seamless web/app-based experience
Old Jun 15, 2018, 12:31 pm

Make same day change self service on the app
Fix the first class meal downgrades

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.